Where to fit Pogba?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He needs the free role between 2 holding midfielders and the front 3. He’s the creative spark we’re lacking. But we need a more solid holding 2 behind him. And a better front 3 in front of him...

Make no doubt about it, he’s by far our best player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He will not just improve our creativity, but he‘ll also be the link between our two midfield and our attacking trio. I expect a win against Newcastle & Burnley.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Get two fullbacks who can attack while defensively sound, and a no-nonsense DM.

thepolice123

I was wrong. The guy is devastating in an advanced role. Should be allowed to play everywhere he chooses with McFred kept in their places. Paul can drop deeper to bring out the ball, move to the left, run into the box. He gives us that unpredictability we are missing. Extremely hard to defend against.
Reckon we seen the last of McFred now that he is back. I think Ole knows he cannot accomadate all 3 midfielders in the same formation.

We played an entirely different midfield formation once Pogba came on. He needs to be in that specific left sided area of the midfield. The formation became a 4-3-3 instead of the 4-2-1-3 which we usually play with McFred in the team. Ole had Fred playing as the anchorman and he was pretty shite. We definitely need to get a replacement for Matic.

Bondi77

We either play him as a no.10 or just in a 3 man midfield and that is simply because we do not have decent alternatives as a no.10 as Lingard is like an empty crisp packet blowing around in the wind and Mata neither has the legs or physicality to play there and Andreas has not done much to stake a claim there.

the chameleon

He should be sold.

He’s completely unsettled here.

It’s like having a high maintenance girlfriend who takes up a lot of energy. She’s beautiful, everyone loves her. But you always hear through others that she’s always flirting with other guys. When you challenge her on it, she starts telling you how she’s always loved you and only has eyes on you. But you both know, she’s looking for an upgrade. And when she does get it, she’ll leave you dry.

In all seriousness, I feel he needs to be sold to get players who will work as part of a cog. With Pogba, it’s always how do we shape our midfield to fit him in. When you start asking questions like this, you know that something is not right.

The_Order

He should be sold.

He’s completely unsettled here.

It’s like having a high maintenance girlfriend who takes up a lot of energy. She’s beautiful, everyone loves her. But you always hear through others that she’s always flirting with other guys. When you challenge her on it, she starts telling you how she’s always loved you and only has eyes on you. But you both know, she’s looking for an upgrade. And when she does get it, she’ll leave you dry.

In all seriousness, I feel he needs to be sold to get players who will work as part of a cog. With Pogba, it’s always how do we shape our midfield to fit him in. When you start asking questions like this, you know that something is not right.
...Are you speaking from experience :smirk::nervous:?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Nearest to Martial really so that would make him the #10.

Martial only seems to wake up when he can play quick football with players on the same wavelength and he clearly likes playing with Pogba. Rashford gets it too as does to some extent (despite his poor form/lack of quality) Lingard.

Ole's first game against Cardiff should be the obvious aim. Any straying from that type of play makes you wonder why.

the chameleon

Get two fullbacks who can attack while defensively sound, and a no-nonsense DM.

Just to cater for Pogba? Feck that. We have players who are more interested in being here and I would like to get better players to play with them.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
No world class player will stay at or come to a club so devoid of ambition at the top.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just to cater for Pogba? Feck that. We have players who are more interested in being here and I would like to get better players to play with them.
The question is how to get the best of Pogba. And it’s not like France won feck all with that setup anyway.

the chameleon

The question is how to get the best of Pogba. And it’s not like France won feck all with that setup anyway.
True but it's become a recurring pattern now. He's obviously calmed down because he knows that his value has gone down. Real Madrid can't afford him at the moment. Who knows what Real are planning for summer? If they came calling, will he reject them and stay with us?

lewwoo

It is obvious to all but the most ardent fan boys he doesn't want to play for the club anymore. Get rid.

Red_toad

It is obvious to all but the most ardent fan boys he doesn't want to play for the club anymore. Get rid.
Obvious to who? Was very good in his little cameo the other day, looks fit and for a player just returning from a long term injury was very good. I’m not his greatest fan.

lewwoo

Obvious to who? Was very good in his little cameo the other day, looks fit and for a player just returning from a long term injury was very good. I’m not his greatest fan.
Where was he at Burnley? Look I could be wrong but im 95% sure he is gone. Lets come back here the start of next season and see if I am wrong.

Judas

Open to offers
Where was he at Burnley? Look I could be wrong but im 95% sure he is gone. Lets come back here the start of next season and see if I am wrong.
Going in Jan and going next summer are entirely different conversations though. I'm certain he's going nowhere next month, but in the summer if we've failed to truly improve, no CL football and good signings look doubtful? Him leaving really wouldn't be a shock.

Ranchero

McFred has become a formidable partnership in the middle. They proved themselves against LIverpool, Spurs and City. We won 6 in the last 7 games they played together. Given this circumstance, the question trending now on the forum is: where to fit Pogba? Opinions, please.

1. Number 10.
2. Number 6. Deep lying playmaker (taking over Fred)
3. Number 8. Box to Box (instead of McT).
4. Sell him. Buy some class
5. Use another formation to accommodate him.

I like him, but will swap Paul for a world class AM. So, my call is option 4.

can we have a poll?
Really?