Where to sit at Old Trafford

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I just found out that I might be getting a plane ticket to Manchester, as well as a ticket to a match. I'm flipping out right now because I've never been. Anyway, if I have a choice as to where we get seats, where would you lot recommend?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I just found out that I might be getting a plane ticket to Manchester, as well as a ticket to a match. I'm flipping out right now because I've never been. Anyway, if I have a choice as to where we get seats, where would you lot recommend?
Atmosphere = W2

Best viewing = South/North Stand - centrally located.

Quinny1999

Has to be the Stretford End (West Stand), Tier 2 if possible or if not Tier 1. It is the heart and soul of Old Trafford and where I sit :devil:

Collina

Stretford End, the West Stand, is the best. If you can't get a seat there, East Stand Lower is quite OK too.

BA005

"Can Manchester United score? They always sco
If you have a choice, then either W2 or North no higher than tier 2, somewhere near centre. If you cant get bang on centre, then nearer West stand is better than nearer East stand.

Enjoy your first experience, it will be amazing. Which match are you going to?

Dresilved

WL, WU, ....can't beat the Stretty - never been up top where the best singing seems to be coming from, looks good up there though, wouldnt mind getting up there some time, all I can tell you is I have the same seat when I can get over in WL105 and its fecking mint, I'll be doing stoke in Nov

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
WL, WU, ....can't beat the Stretty - never been up top where the best singing seems to be coming from, looks good up there though, wouldnt mind getting up there some time, all I can tell you is I have the same seat when I can get over in WL105 and its fecking mint, I'll be doing stoke in Nov
I was in WL for the wigan game last year and everyone was sitting down :mad:

Dresilved

I was in WL for the wigan game last year and everyone was sitting down :mad:
Its true unfortunately and theyre really strict about it, but theres still a fair bit singing going and everyone stands up when theres a goal mouth incident and its a bonus seeing the ball on its way into net from a low down perspective plus you see a lot of close up action from Giggs, Roo, Roni etc

Tony7

NT3 is where its at!

On a serious note West stand tier 2 is where the atmosphere is.
Last year on opening day i got seats at the front row of West stand tier 2 the best view i ever had unfortunately the worst game i've ever seen at old trafford

MiamiSpartan

Do everything you get for the best atmosphere, since it sounds like it will be such a rare trip. From the sounds of it that looks like the West 2. Not to mention there is the legend of the Stretford End and you will always be able to say that you were there.

I've been to one game, 11 years ago now. Sat in the North Upper. Loved every minute of being at OT but looked down on East Lower and the Stretty with envy. I promised myself that whenever I make it back, I will pay a tout 2-3 times as much to sit in one of the areas with a top atmosphere.

Alex

How much do the seats run, where those Punjabi guys always sit, I envy them greatly

T2000

yeah but they are the only ones sing in the south
Ive never seen them sing once at OT.

I have sat all over at OT. Ive been right next to them. The dug out, 1 seat from Alex, the tunnel, Tier 3 everywhere. I have done this to find the best seat over the years. The best seat is, in the west next to the tunnel. Failing that, to have a good sing at the enemy and be close to see the game, it has to be up front on the East.

No trophys for where i sit mind...... K stand rules. The true reds!!!!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Where do you like to watch from. If it's behind a goal - you've got to try the Stretford End and if the trip's a one off - maybe you should be in the Stretford End.

Personally I prefer the side view and having spent half a season looking at Schmeichel's backside I'm sure about that - North Lower's an option there. One of the great things about OT is the crowd is really close to the pitch, so I'd suggest trying to get a ticket in the lower teirs.

And (locals and regulars should look away now!) if you won't get to OT often and can manage it, I do recommend the stadium tour (not on match day and preferably not when the kids are off school). Old Trafford is beautiful, cathedral-like in its impact when its empty. :devil: Just don't admit to anyone you did the tour. :D

Quinny1999

which block do you sit in I've changed my ST to W3105
W3102 is the block I sit. Great atmosphere, best in the ground by a mile. I sat North Stand Lower on Sat, bang in the centre and about 10 rows back, great view but I just couldn't sit there due to the lack of atmosphere.

Tibs

What is the north west quadrant like?

I'm sitting there on Wednesday, and never sat there before...please tell me its good

theimperialinn

W3102 is the block I sit. Great atmosphere, best in the ground by a mile. I sat North Stand Lower on Sat, bang in the centre and about 10 rows back, great view but I just couldn't sit there due to the lack of atmosphere.
I thought the whole atmosphere in general was shite on saturday considering we were paying homage to one of our legends.

I dont see why they didn't give ST holders the chance to purchase their ST seat and then put whats left out to members and the GS.

Does this make too much sense?

Tibs

I'm sitting in NW3430 - I hope the speaker isn't in the way.

I knew I should have booked tickets earlier to get into W2..oh well

theimperialinn

I'm sitting in NW3430 - I hope the speaker isn't in the way.

I knew I should have booked tickets earlier to get into W2..oh well
To be fair mate I doubt it will sell out so if the speaker is in the way just move seat.

The quadrants were virtually empty on saturday.

You can also sneak throught to the stretty from the NW quadrant if the steward goes for a piss.

I did it against Villa in the FA cup a couple of seasons ago

Quinny1999

I thought the whole atmosphere in general was shite on saturday considering we were paying homage to one of our legends.

I dont see why they didn't give ST holders the chance to purchase their ST seat and then put whats left out to members and the GS.

Does this make too much sense?
Yeah the atmosphere was pretty poor until Ole came on and then it livened up a bit.

At first they were only selling the bottom level of all stands, and then if the demand increased, they would open the other stands. I was surprised when 68,000 turned up, good turn out for a testimonial.