Which clubs are realistic buyers for Haaland next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Chelsea will sign Lukaku as will City with Kane in my opinion.

Barcelona haven’t got two cents to rub together. I think Real are a possibility with Mbappe going there on a free next season. I think they could put together a package to replace Benzema whom has extended to 2023 so far.

Bayern could obviously do it but would they?

Juve will need a replacement for Ronaldo next year, providing he doesn’t sign an extension.

This leaves Man Utd, whom I think probably benefited the most, from significant movement in the market this summer. Feels like the stars might be aligning for us to go all out and sign Haaland next year.

Have I missed anyone?

Discuss.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
All the dad's money clubs will still be able to sign him
But only PSG actually needs him if that scenario plays out
So it's us vs PSG especially if they let go of Mbappe

Lets hope as good as PSG looks on paper, it will be a shitshow of a season for them. If they win the Champions League we're fecked

Rolaholic

Yanited :cool:

Maybe City too if they don't get Kane.

Outside of those 2, Madrid if Mbappe stays or PSG if he leaves.

No one else will realistically be in the picture I reckon.

Bayern just don't make these kind of high profile mega-signings for huge money.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Chelsea will sign Lukaku as will City with Kane in my opinion.

Barcelona haven’t got two cents to rub together. I think Real are a possibility with Mbappe going there on a free next season. I think they could put together a package to replace Benzema whom has extended to 2023 so far.

Bayern could obviously do it but would they?

Juve will need a replacement for Ronaldo next year, providing he doesn’t sign an extension.

This leaves Man Utd, whom I think probably benefited the most, from significant movement in the market this summer. Feels like the stars might be aligning for us to go all out and sign Haaland next year.

Have I missed anyone?

Discuss.
Probably the following;

- Real Madrid
- Bayern
- PSG
- Man Utd
(- Liverpool)

In that order! Would put Man City in there too if they dont get Kane.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I agree. I think he would consider going to the following clubs:

United
City
Chelsea
Liverpool
PSG
Real
Barca
Juve
Bayern

Now, if City sign Kane and Chelsea sign Lukaku then we can leave them out. Liverpool will not be able to affort Haaland, same with Barca. Real is pushing for Mbappe, if they’re successful then we can exclude them as well. That leaves United, Juve, Bayern, PSG.

I don’t know enough about the economy of Juve and Bayern, but I’d be surprised to see Haaland go to any of them. We’ve got more money, playing in a league he has grown up watching and he knows Solskjær. The biggest worry imo is that City don’t sign Kane and Real don’t sign Mbappe. I don’t see him going to PSG.

I’ve got a feeling we’re getting him next summer.

Paxi

Yanited :cool:

Maybe City too if they don't get Kane.

Outside of those 2, Madrid if Mbappe stays or PSG if he leaves.

No one else will realistically be in the picture I reckon.

Bayern just don't make these kind of high profile mega-signings for huge money.
Probably the following;

- Real Madrid
- Bayern
- PSG
- Man Utd
(- Liverpool)

In that order! Would put Man City in there too if they dont get Kane.
I think Spurs will sell Kane as they’ve seemingly agreed to buy Martinez from Inter.

Paxi

I agree. I think he would consider going to the following clubs:

United
City
Chelsea
Liverpool
PSG
Real
Barca
Juve
Bayern

Now, if City sign Kane and Chelsea sign Lukaku then we can leave them out. Liverpool will not be able to affort Haaland, same with Barca. Real is pushing for Mbappe, if they’re successful then we can exclude them as well. That leaves United, Juve, Bayern, PSG.

I don’t know enough about the economy of Juve and Bayern, but I’d be surprised to see Haaland go to any of them. We’ve got more money, playing in a league he has grown up watching and he knows Solskjær. The biggest worry imo is that City don’t sign Kane and Real don’t sign Mbappe. I don’t see him going to PSG.

I’ve got a feeling we’re getting him next summer.
I think Mbappe is nailed on to Madrid. By all accounts, PSG are offering him heaven and earth to stay but he’s not signing.

ReddBalls

Mbappe might not be that important to PSG now that they have Messi.

Paxi

But Ole can convince Cavani to stay, and Varane to join us.

There must be some high quality man management in Ole.
Oh I agree. I just think that we’d be in for Haaland regardless of whom our manager is. I think he’s a must buy for any club that has any aspirations.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Title challenge and win a cup this season.

Summer 2022. Haaland and we go on to win the title in 2022/2023.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
This looks good for us, looking at how other teams are doing this summer, it's between Madrid & United next summer don't think he'll want to join PSG.

Mr Smith

I don't think City are signing Kane this summer, so they are in the mix. For me, the most likely destinations are City, United, and Real Madrid.

Less likely but distinct possibilities are Juve, Bayern, and believe it or not Liverpool, who's finances should be in better shape after a season of fans back in the ground.

Devil may care

It depends on if Real Madrid buy Mbappe this summer as opposed to getting him on a free and if City get Kane, if those 2 drop huge money on the aforementioned players his summer they'll not go for Haaland imo, and while Juve have a good relationship with Raiola I can't see Dortmund being keen on their idea of a payment plan, and I don't see Bayern getting into bed with Raiola.

United will obviously try and despite PSG having Neymar and Messi you can never rule those greedy cnuts out, Liverpool could also be a dark horse, especially if they don't spend much this summer.

Silverman

I wouldn't be confident of getting him but Solskjaer could be key. Fellow Norwegian and played under him at Molde.
He seemed to get on really well with Sancho too which could help.

Andersons Dietician

I think the main competition will be Real Madrid myself. Mbappe and Haaland can probably be brought in next year for less that Grealish cost City. It’s just will they be able to handle the wages of both which priar to covid I imagine was no problem at all.

Then it comes down to the project and given the state of Barca right now Madrid could be in for a period of sucess unless Atleti have anything to say about it so both Haaland and Mbappe would be expecting Real to win things.

Then you have PSG but I just can’t really take them seriously as a top club. I struggle to see why young players would want to go there if they have the choice of the big teams in Europe. However maybe the lure of playing with Messi and Neymar will sway him.

Then United, Suppose it comes down to how we do this season, if we do well and look like we can compete hopefully he sees that with him here maybe that is the final part of the jigsaw to go on and win things. Financially we can compete and probably offer just as good a deal as any so I don’t see that being a problem unless PSG lose all common sense and do a Barca offering him 800k a week or something daft. However I think Haaland seems more motivated by challenges than wealth and wants to compete.

Juventus who really knows, I don’t think they would be a proper contender but somehow they just seem able to pull big talents to them when it’s needed.

If I was going to bet it would be on United or Madrid.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
City and PSG. Only the oil clubs would have both the resources and desire to sign him, judging from how much money his agent is demanding.

Real wants Mbappe. Barca can't afford him. Bayern won't want to do a deal with Raiola.

If I were City, I'd get him instead of Kane. Younger, has that City ties through his dad. Their media and PR team will lap it up.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
We have been suspiciously frugal as if we are waiting for something and i believe that something is Erling.
Heck there are even rumors about Ribery re-joining just because he`d be free.
So if he does have a clause i think we would be in the race for him.

hobbers

City, PSG and United. Assuming Real sign Mbappe. Nobody else can afford him or want to deal with Raiola.

Seems pretty nailed on to me that Kane and Haaland will both end up in Manchester but in different colours. And no idea who will end up where.

SinNombre

Real want Mbappe and Haaland.

It will be a straight shoot between RM, Bayern and United assuming City buy Kane and will almost certainly boil down to how United and RM perform next season and who is more willing to pay Raiola and Haaland senior.

He is not moving to farmers leagues in PSG, Juve.

I think the main competition will be Real Madrid myself. Mbappe and Haaland can probably be brought in next year for less that Grealish cost City. It’s just will they be able to handle the wages of both which priar to covid I imagine was no problem at all.
I have read this a lot but this is obviously an erroneous and flimsy way of looking at things.

Mbappe will demand a €50m signing on bonus (and who knows what his agents will want) and we know Raiola + Haaland senior want €30m and €20m respectively.

And both of their wages will be 2-3x what Grealish is going to get.

Red_toad

Who can afford his alleged wage demands and fees for the fat virus and his Dad is of bigger concern.
Might as well feck Greenwood off if we sign him, as right wing and up top won’t be up for grabs.

pawanraj

I feel like every big club will be in for Haaland. I honestly don't think you can rule a SINGLE big club out. If he keeps up his productivity this season, clubs will make space for him. There really isn't anything stopping them from selling players to get him. Not to mention that fans are returning this season, so their finances will be better.
  • Chelsea have registered interest THIS season, and they aren't averse to selling players to get ones they want. Lukaku notwithstanding, they can make space by selling one or more of Werner / Havertz / Tammy.
  • Madrid will need replacing Benz, and can you imagine a front-line of Mbappe AND Haaland? They have a striker or three they can sell. Not to mention they have cash for Mbappe that they might save if Mbappe moves for free next season.
  • PSG will obviously be in with a shout and might have Messi to tempt him into playing with the great man. If Mbappe leaves on a free to Madrid ... woof.
  • Juve will need replacing Ronaldo, and Raiola is tight with the hierarchy.
  • Bayern are ... Bayern, and in the Bundesliga. Lewandowski isn't getting younger.
  • City still need a striker, and I know Raiola dislikes Pep, but I'm sure they can manage to work out something for a talent like Haaland. Not to mention Haaland's dad played @ City, and Haaland himself supports them.
  • Liverpool have had the same front-line for a while. Haaland is coming from Dortmund. Klopp is a fantastic coach. Economically, they'll probably have budget for him, since they have barely spent money this season.
  • ManUnited need a striker, and Ole's links are there. Whether we break our wage structure for Haaland remains to be seen, but we'll definitely be in for him.
  • Barca will have a little more revenue this season, and they don't have the spectre of 50% of Messi's wage filling their wage-cap, giving them space in their budget. However, this is an unlikely destination IMO since their team won't be the most competitive for a couple of years.
Realistically, all of these clubs will be looking at Haaland very seriously. And they all will be in a better financial shape than they are right now. It really depends on Haaland as to what he chooses.

Marcus

What if his agent insists on a buy out clause again? Would we still be interested?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
PSG will be our only real competitor I reckon. It’s important we have a good season and Ole and Jadon flutter their eyelashes at him a bit.

mav_9me

My fear is Mbappe staying at PSG cuz of Messi which means real need a striker.... That would be our biggest competition.

Tallis

Suspect this is Madrid. Bale’s contract will expire at end of season I believe so they will have the wages freed up to offer to Haaland. Others like Modric / Jovic / Marcelo would also have moved on by then opening up wages.

RkkMan

I feel like every big club will be in for Haaland. I honestly don't think you can rule a SINGLE big club out. If he keeps up his productivity this season, clubs will make space for him. There really isn't anything stopping them from selling players to get him. Not to mention that fans are returning this season, so their finances will be better.
  • Chelsea have registered interest THIS season, and they aren't averse to selling players to get ones they want. Lukaku notwithstanding, they can make space by selling one or more of Werner / Havertz / Tammy.
  • Madrid will need replacing Benz, and can you imagine a front-line of Mbappe AND Haaland? They have a striker or three they can sell. Not to mention they have cash for Mbappe that they might save if Mbappe moves for free next season.
  • PSG will obviously be in with a shout and might have Messi to tempt him into playing with the great man. If Mbappe leaves on a free to Madrid ... woof.
  • Juve will need replacing Ronaldo, and Raiola is tight with the hierarchy.
  • Bayern are ... Bayern, and in the Bundesliga. Lewandowski isn't getting younger.
  • City still need a striker, and I know Raiola dislikes Pep, but I'm sure they can manage to work out something for a talent like Haaland. Not to mention Haaland's dad played @ City, and Haaland himself supports them.
  • Liverpool have had the same front-line for a while. Haaland is coming from Dortmund. Klopp is a fantastic coach. Economically, they'll probably have budget for him, since they have barely spent money this season.
  • ManUnited need a striker, and Ole's links are there. Whether we break our wage structure for Haaland remains to be seen, but we'll definitely be in for him.
  • Barca will have a little more revenue this season, and they don't have the spectre of 50% of Messi's wage filling their wage-cap, giving them space in their budget. However, this is an unlikely destination IMO since their team won't be the most competitive for a couple of years.
Realistically, all of these clubs will be looking at Haaland very seriously. And they all will be in a better financial shape than they are right now. It really depends on Haaland as to what he chooses.
The only realistic competitors here are Real Madrid and Juve(and he'll likely prefer Spain or the PL over Italy) nobody else
Bayern- Haaland is a journeyman like Zlatan he's not staying in the same league he'll want something new
Liverpool- Klopp being from BVB is irrelevant will Haaland's people all of a sudden make special discounts to accommodate themselves into Liverpool? You sound like someone who suggested BVB would give Klopp a special discount if they came in for Sancho. They're NEVER paying the wages and agent fees it would take to get him anyway not their model
Chelsea- They're selling Tammy now(irrelevant as he was always leaving) but they're never selling Havertz he's one of their most promising talents plus it makes little to no tactical sense for Tuchel to field Haaland and Lukaku who are both similar alongside Mount/Havertz. If they fancied getting Haaland next year they'd have signed a short term No9 like us with Cavani not £100m on someone in his prime
City- They're getting Kane this summer
PSG- The French League won't give him the spotlight to compete for the Ballon D'or consistently like Messi/Ronaldo did on a yearly basis. We offered him £70000 more than BVB he still said no his decision will be on Sporting reasons so PSG's money is not relevant

beingshe7don

With Barca a mess and Atletico only notable challengers of the La Liga, I could see Perez looking at this as an opportunity to rack in titles with the acquisition of Mbappe and Haaland. Back in 2009 summer, I remember him going and getting Kaka and Benzema and then breaks the world record and gets CR7 as well. So I wouldn't put it past them to try and acquire him.

Deery

Dreary
Real Madrid will need a shiny new toy to put in their new stadium won’t bet against it being them.

Plus if you were given the choice to be the saviour of Madrid in a new £900m stadium it would be hard to turn down.

Judas

Open to offers
Think Juve will be a big threat once they move on Ronaldo. Great relationship with his agent, and we've seen him move young talents there recently.

I'll be honest, I've thought we're signing him for ages now, maybe its delusion, but to me it looks like the stars have been aligning for awhile. One of the key factors to us not getting him though is if he we have a total stinker this season and go backwards in our progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.