Which ESL club will hurt the most coming out of this?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I actually really liked Klopp before he joined the scousers. What is it with them turning managers into bitter lunatics. Even Rodgers has become far more likeable since leaving them.
Maybe the common denominator here is your opinion on Liverpool managers, rather than the managers themselves?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Because some of us actually care more about the spirit and traditions of the game than to engage in tribalism and blind devotion. Hell, Gary Neville was furious at the club and that guy is more Manchester United than anyone on this forums.

Good point on UEFA being unable (or unwilling) to punish clubs for breaching its own rules though. They're not going to do anything, aren't they? :lol:

I don't give a toss about the continental clubs. Seems like some of their fans support the Super League idea in some type of form. It's understandable when you consider their financial situations even. They needed the money.

But I'd like to see the English clubs get punished in some way because if they don't, what's stopping them from throwing their pram out when things don't get their way the next time?
Some of us understand that you can only be published when you actually break a rule. It's actually tribalism to want someone punished because some tradition was broken instead of rules. All we did was to inform that we are voluntarily removing us from European competition and we abadoned the idea. There is no legal basis to punish us and we should not get punished.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
People are perfectly capable of distinguishing between the owners and the clubs so in terms of reputation damage it wont be too bad really. Loads of people knew the Glazers were cnuts already, the difference now is that everybody knows it.

The clubs that will hurt the most are the ones that were financially dependent on it

Shark

@NotShark
Maybe the common denominator here is your opinion on Liverpool managers, rather than the managers themselves?
Perhaps. Although something tells me Kloop doesn't complain about his opposition bringing out those T-Shirts at Dortmund.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Perhaps. Although something tells me Kloop doesn't complain about his opposition bringing out those T-Shirts at Dortmund.
Fair point. I imagine it’s quite difficult being Klopp, or any manager or senior player of the big six right now. You must admit Leeds pulled a bit of a fast one asking Liverpool to wear those shirts just before the game, at which point Liverpool had not withdrawn. Would have been interesting to see what Solskjaer would have done in the same situation. Talking of whom, has he said anything?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Some of us understand that you can only be published when you actually break a rule. It's actually tribalism to want someone punished because some tradition was broken instead of rules. All we did was to inform that we are voluntarily removing us from European competition and we abadoned the idea. There is no legal basis to punish us and we should not get punished.
Yeah, I don't know how the 6 can be punished when they haven't technically broken rules. But there will come a time when these billionaires will try this again, and who's to say they won't improve upon how they present the idea and it actually goes through.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Yeah, I don't know how the 6 can be punished when they haven't technically broken rules. But there will come a time when these billionaires will try this again, and who's to say they won't improve upon how they present the idea and it actually goes through.
Looking forward to it :drool:

A better structure with relegation and the Super League will be good.

Enigma_87

You know who
Barca and Spurs. Financially they are in deep shit.

City and Chelsea will most likely don't care that much, and probably the reason why they weaseled out of this first.

But Barcelona will be in a deep trouble. If the state intervenes will be really comical and farcical outcome

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Outside of europe fans have already moved on really, in EU it may drag on a bit, but I don't think it will be as breaking as some in here would like. I think fans will accept whatever punishment, if any, is handed out to the teams and pretty much forget about it eventually.

Smores

It's great how many legal experts we suddenly have on here :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Arsenal. They thought they could ride on everyone's coat-tails and get into Champion's League X3 money without earning it. Nothing worse than having seen the gold shimmering in front of your eyes and having it snatched away within 48hrs.
Now they have to go back to the realities of possibly Europa money if they are feckin' lucky.

Kaos

So I understand there's supposedly large fines for all the clubs who've pulled out. Who would those fines be payable to? Perez? Have we all just funded Haaland and Mbappe's transfers to Madrid? :lol:

Eric_the_Red99

Depends what you mean by ‘hurt’ really. Clubs like Real and Barca were already hurting financially – that was their main reason for doing this, and that situation hasn’t changed.

But if you mean reputational damage among football fans in general, Real and United will be the easiest targets for their hatred.

I’m not sure whether that will have any lasting consequences for them – maybe the millions of plastic fans around the world will switch loyalties to the likes of PSG and Bayern now.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs, Arsenal or Barca. How were Spurs Arsenal even considered? Drift between EU and CL places.

People complain a lot about a meritocracy, seems kind of the right idea for a 'champions' league rather than a plutocracy.

Kaos

Levy must have had some sleepless couple of nights for sure. He probably took the hit on Mourinho's payout based on the assumption there'd be money coming in from the ESL to offset it, on top of that you'll almost see players like Kane look to push for a move in the summer now that there's almost no likelihood of him getting European football with Spurs next season. And that's not even getting into the huge amounts of debts facing Spurs regarding the stadium, lack of match day revenue, etc.

Gasolin

Levy must have had some sleepless couple of nights for sure. He probably took the hit on Mourinho's payout based on the assumption there'd be money coming in from the ESL to offset it, on top of that you'll almost see players like Kane look to push for a move in the summer now that there's almost no likelihood of him getting European football with Spurs next season. And that's not even getting into the huge amounts of debts facing Spurs regarding the stadium, lack of match day revenue, etc.
I heard that because Jose was laid off based on being outside of top 6 at the moment, it reduced the amount drastically so maybe it was not that bad of a hit.

Foxbatt

So I understand there's supposedly large fines for all the clubs who've pulled out. Who would those fines be payable to? Perez? Have we all just funded Haaland and Mbappe's transfers to Madrid? :lol:
Why should it be? There is something called void ab initio. The moment the Governments and the UEFA and FIFA got involved that is it and the clubs can get away with it.