Which ESL club will hurt the most coming out of this?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid no doubt about that thanks to Perez being the front face and his absurd interviews.
Nah, Florentino won't even be forced to step down

It's the english clubs who really alienated their fans

Vanrouge

What did the idiot say? I completely missed it.
The YT video I saw has been removed, but he basically called Neville out for disrespecting their "anthem" (read: that maudlin show tune we all know and loathe) and completely ignored the fact that Neville's take on the bigger picture (Neville criticized both United and Liverpool equally) was in line with that of most football fans, and he also took offence at the Leeds fans asking Liverpool to join them in protest by leaving T-shirts in their dressing room. He focused on defensiveness of Liverpool over the bigger picture he probably even agreed with. Petty. And Neville wondered aloud why he lives in Jurgen's head, especially as they essentially agree.

Vanrouge

I actually really liked Klopp before he joined the scousers. What is it with them turning managers into bitter lunatics. Even Rodgers has become far more likeable since leaving them.
It's so weird, but it's undeniable. I think the only one who didn't succumb to the Liverpool bitterness cult was Houllier. Oh, and Hodgson, but they hated him!

Foxbatt

Real Madrid no doubt about that thanks to Perez being the front face and his absurd interviews.
Not Real because their fans are like Perez and support him. So did the Spanish courts. It is not a democracy as most people know. It is Madrid and then the rest of the plebs in Spain.

Foxbatt

It's so weird, but it's undeniable. I think the only one who didn't succumb to the Liverpool bitterness cult was Houllier. Oh, and Hodgson, but they hated him!
Who can forget the FAKTS? Houllier was a different breed. He did not have personal issues with anyone. Roy, they hated him.

el3mel

I didn't say he'll step down. It's just that their reputation in front of everyone doesn't really look good anymore plus from how Perez was desperate about it, he really, really wanted the money more than any other club so financially Perez probably knows the club is in trouble in the future.

OmarUnited4ever

Upon further reading, i think you are right, The Spanish authorities were supporting Florentino Perez, and i'm not sure there was any notable opposition from other teams in Spain except Seville.

furthermore , Florentino Perez popularity within Madrid's socios is strong if I'm right

how did the public react in Spain?

Foxbatt

Upon further reading, i think you are right, The Spanish authorities were supporting Florentino Perez, and i'm not sure there was any notable opposition from other teams in Spain except Seville.

furthermore , Florentino Perez popularity within Madrid's socios is strong if I'm right

The People in Madrid and certainly the Courts were supporting him. I really don't understand how a Spanish court can stop UEFA? This is the same kind of Spanish court who stopped the Catalans having a non binding referendum.
He has lost any respect he had outside of Spain. He threatened Athletico, if they didn't sign up he would get Sevilla. Then they signed. This man hasn't put any of his own money into Madrid, then bankrupted the club and now tried to scam others in Europe.
Yes none of the English clubs come out well either but this his project and he pushed it all the way.
Now he can get Real and Barca to play an extra game in mid week and say it's the European Super League.

cyberman

Barca and Madrid financially.
Plus Juve. Inter are in dire straits financially as well.
Its a shit show of an econonic situation for those European clubs. Funnily enough, England could become the defacto super league in 4 to 5 years based on team quality

Plus Juve. Inter are in dire straits financially as well.
Its a shit show of an econonic situation for those European clubs. Funnily enough, England could become the defacto super league in 4 to 5 years based on team quality
The Premier League is already the super league - the best managers are here, the vast majority of the best players. And financially no other league can compete with our clubs.

It was insane that the 'top 6' would be willing to throw that advantage away.

OverratedOpinion

Barcelona.

This was a throw of desperation due to having over a billion in debt and the highest wage bill in the world with their team being nowhere near the best. The percentage of their tv rights for La Liga can not increase and this might have been their only way out.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Financially: FC Barcelona
Image: Real Madrid
Growth: Arsenal/Spurs
Individual: FlorenPerez by a long margin.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
No way. Arsenal and Spurs were more desperate for it. They look the least likely from the 6 English clubs to break into the CL spots in the near future.
The reputational brand damage in this country will be huge.

MadMike

The reputational brand damage in this country will be huge.
So you say. But we don't even know if the clubs will suffer a relative loss in commercial sales due to reputational damage, never mind how much that would be or who will suffer the most in relative or absolute terms. That's just complete speculation best on... nothing. It's an event that hasn't occurred before and we have no means of estimating its impact until it becomes evident.

On the other hand the financial and reputational loss due to not being in the elite European competition (CL) is very easily quantifiable based on many years of well reported evidence.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Outrage from everyone who doesn't support the big two. A sort of disgusted apathy by most of the fans of the big 2(this was also my reaction, to be honest). Support from a minority. To be clear the big two make up like 70% of total fans in spain

Florentino's popularity might take a serious hit over this, problem is nobody can do anything about it

Vanrouge

Who can forget the FAKTS? Houllier was a different breed. He did not have personal issues with anyone. Roy, they hated him.
It's true. Brentan became a weird self-important narcissist when he was there, and yes, Benitez went all paranoid, compiling an actual dossier on all the ways United and Fergie were favoured. It's like they become the living embodiments of RAWK.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
In terms of image, credibility and stuff it has to be Real Madrid but aside from that I think the club will be fine. The format was rubbish but it's clear the teams involved in this were all greedy and ambitious at the same time so this affects everyone's image. Then in terms of who needed this more I think it affects the italian teams and spanish teams more. Then the ones who somehow come as the good guys are the likes of PSG and Manchester City, ffs! :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Outrage from everyone who doesn't support the big two. A sort of disgusted apathy by most of the fans of the big 2(this was also my reaction, to be honest). Support from a minority. To be clear the big two make up like 70% of total fans in spain

Florentino's popularity might take a serious hit over this, problem is nobody can do anything about it
:lol:

I don't even know why the other clubs exist at this point. Barca and Real may as well join up with a few of the Italian clubs and make their own Super League.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Almost every single club can move on from this and be totally cleansed if they get rid of their execs and owners. All clubs is far, far more than the people who run it and always will be.

Apart from City.

Dan_F

I’m not sure it really makes a difference for us. Everyone hated us before, and all United fans knew the Glazers were cnuts anyway. I’m just surprised that there are United fans who were surprised at what they (the Glaziers) tried to do.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal

I don't even know why the other clubs exist at this point. Barca and Real may as well join up with a few of the Italian clubs and make their own Super League.
Glory hunters are essentially killing their own league and clubs by their actions.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Top 6 make up a similar slice in england. Top 3 in italy, same thing. Those 12 clubs plus bayern and psg effectively account for something in the region of 70% of total football fans worldwide, and a similar slice of the total revenue of football

In a very real and depressing way, they *are* the only clubs that really matter, as far as money is concerned

Also yes to spain and italy merging leagues, i've been wanting that to happen for years. France too

NinjaZombie

Top 6 make up a similar slice in england. Top 3 in italy, same thing. Those 12 clubs plus bayern and psg effectively account for something in the region of 70% of total football fans worldwide, and a similar slice of the total revenue of football

In a very real and depressing way, they *are* the only clubs that really matter, as far as money is concerned

Also yes to spain and italy merging leagues, i've been wanting that to happen for years. France too
Do the majority of Real Madrid fans share this same view point?

Anyway with regards to punishing the Sinister Six, I don't agree with the argument that we can't punish the clubs because that'll mean "punishing the players and fans who had nothing to do with this."

It's a valid statement yes, but back in 2008, Luton Town got docked points for going into administration and then punished further for some offence related to agents (I can't recall). Bryan Robson's Middlesbrough were docked 3 points when they called off a game without permission because they didn't have enough for players. Boro were relegated, 2 points away from safety.

Were the fans and players responsible for those offences? Nope. But the club they followed and played for were still punished.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Do the majority of Real Madrid fans share this same view point?
I have no idea

Anyway with regards to punishing the Sinister Six, I don't agree with the argument that we can't punish the clubs because that'll mean "punishing the players and fans who had nothing to do with this."
You can't punish those clubs because all they did was make an announcement. There are no legal basis to punish them

Cal?

CR7 fan
The Premier League is already the super league - the best managers are here, the vast majority of the best players. And financially no other league can compete with our clubs.

It was insane that the 'top 6' would be willing to throw that advantage away.
Most people would say the best 5 players in the world do NOT play in the Premier League.

Cal?

CR7 fan
You can't punish those clubs because all they did was make an announcement. There are no legal basis to punish them
Exactly, some of the responses on this have been hilarious with people suggesting fines of 10s of millions and multi-year bans. :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid, Perez made himself the front figure of this whole thing, and the club will suffer for it.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Spurs. They are going to be everyones favourite club to meme now!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I have no idea

It's amazing how many United fans want their club punished for mere an announcement. UEFA couldn't punish clubs for breaching it's rules. And people here think that they can punish Clubs for just an announcement of intent.

If UEFA bans a club from competing, then CAS will over turn it and Uefa most likely will have to compensate them.

NinjaZombie

It's amazing how many United fans want their club punished for mere an announcement. UEFA couldn't punish clubs for breaching it's rules. And people here think that they can punish Clubs for just an announcement of intent.

If UEFA bans a club from competing, then CAS will over turn it and Uefa most likely will have to compensate them.
Because some of us actually care more about the spirit and traditions of the game than to engage in tribalism and blind devotion. Hell, Gary Neville was furious at the club and that guy is more Manchester United than anyone on this forums.

Good point on UEFA being unable (or unwilling) to punish clubs for breaching its own rules though. They're not going to do anything, aren't they? :lol:

I don't give a toss about the continental clubs. Seems like some of their fans support the Super League idea in some type of form. It's understandable when you consider their financial situations even. They needed the money.

But I'd like to see the English clubs get punished in some way because if they don't, what's stopping them from throwing their pram out when things don't get their way the next time?

redshaw

Worrying is how the fires have been truly stoked again towards United again in England. I think we'll suffer the most from fans baying for blood at away games and increased motivation when the fans are back. It will be interesting to see how many points in the remainder of this season we can get with just players incensed and wanting to put one over us.

It felt like after 7/8 years things were at their lowest in terms of animosity and now the Glazers end Ed have done this. We probably deserve it as it seems Perez, Agnelli and Joel are the main people

Judas

Open to offers
Any fan with a brain knows its pointless aiming at the clubs, but the people who made the decisions? Yes. We shouldn't get any more hate, but the Glazers from the entire football world should be.

Varun

Staff
Barca and Real by far. they're fecked financially and needed this to work

matsdf

I dont think we're hurt by this. Quite the contrary I think we might be strengthened seeing how Woodward is now gone.