Which Football Transfer did you become most obsessed with?

Josep Dowling

I was fairly young when Beckham was going to leave the club. I can remember we were on holiday in Greece. Some bloke was reading an English newspaper on the beach and there was Beckham in a Barcelona shirt. I thought that was it, he’s gone to Barcelona. It was only when we got back I realised he hadn’t left yet and then eventually was sold to Real Madrid.

It’s crazy to even think like that now. You would simply pick up your phone and find out instantly.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldinho. I told everyone at school it was done :lol:

Thiago and Vidal to a lesser degree. I really wanted Thiago but wasn’t convinced by him. I think it wasn’t the muppetry

Since then, I’m convinced we are signing no one, ever. So I stay out of the player threads

WPMUFC

Pogba by a long way. It had everything and quite possibly what has been the highlight of my redcafe membership, Ehsanul continually spamming instagram/twitter videos of a busty spanish lady (forget name) that was trying to be ITK and seemingly spying on pogba on his vacation? It was fantastic entertainment.

Nickelodeon

Even though I’ve been a United fan for close to 18 years, it was during last season’s window where many names including Dybala were being circulated.
Even though the Dybala saga was significantly less protracted than Thiago, Vidal, Sneijder, Gaitan, Garay, Fabregas and Bale, for me, it was the straw that broke the camels back. Hence, this year I’m quite detached to the entire Sancho saga.

Josh 76

There has been so many .
But what sticks in my mind was when Utd went on their first spending spree in the 1989 season.
I remember running home from school nearly every day and checking teletext who we have signed.
It was the time Utd signed:
Neil Webb
Paul Ince
Gary Pallister
Danny Wallace
Mike Phelan
All in the space of a few weeks. The names getting banded around included Trevor Steven, Dale Gordon and of course Paul Gascoinge.
Great memories.

Red00012

Any transfer talk of Keane leaving

I thought tabloid was gospel back then

I was abroad when Ronaldinho was supposed to sign for us . The English papers would be a day old when they arrived and there was no way of finding out had he signed , it ruined the rest of my holiday when I eventually found out he didn’t

Redcy

Vidal I was convinced he was the key to our recovery. All the signs seemed positive too, completely broke my inner muppet

Speako

Marcelo Salas for me. Constantly waiting for updates and screaming ‘just pay the £12m’ at teletext! More recently, definately Vidal. That was torture.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Most transfers were out of the blue when I was younger. Cole and Cantona were 2 of the biggest, and the first I heard of either were when they’d been signed and photographed.

There were 2 big dramas with Shearer though, and they were the first big ones that I got into.

TsuWave

If we don’t get Sancho that’ll be a major L for me cause I don’t think I’ve wanted a player this much

Chief123

What’s interesting is fans always believe their own club is the only one that drags out transfers.

But the truth is it happens to every club. The problem is we only follow the whole journey of sagas for the ones linked to your own club. But when a rival suddenly announces a signing, it feels like they got it done and dusted within 24 hours. But the truth is their fans had been refreshing Twitter for weeks on end to see what was going on.