Which midfielder do you prefer?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If we can raise £60-80m from sales, use that on Bellingham. Then use actual funds for Rice.

Boom! CM sorted for ten years* and we can then look at strengthening other areas over the next window. Better full back etc.
Bellingham is not a CM, playing him as a CM should be grounds for termination. As in a terminator comes back from the future and shoots you in your stupid face

NoPace

Where is the De John talk coming from? i thought he was in that "untouchable" group at Barca, but i might have missed something.
Rumour today seems to be Barca going for Kessie, so maybe we can get him!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Bellingham is not a CM, playing him as a CM should be grounds for termination. As in a terminator comes back from the future and shoots you in your stupid face
Cool. David Silva and KBD aren't CMs. Yet they seem to play there.

Also weird his position is listed literally as CM on every site.....I'm sure you'll tell me he's actually a false 9 or some other shite.

Feel free to go back in time and cock block your dad so you're not born.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm not so sure about getting Kamara or Zakaria this January. They don't seem like a major upgrade on what we have . We already have McFred who are solid bench options, we don't need more of that

I think we should wait till summer and getTchouameni and Tielemans Then Pogba, Lingard, Matic and Mata all leave. And we have:

Bruno (VdB)

Tielemans(Fred) Tchouameni(Scott)

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Tchouameni keeps getting mentioned (it's a Football Manager game thing?), but I'm watching his compilations and I don't see nothing special or how he would be an upgrade on McT. Maybe his tackling is better, but passing, technique, aerial game, shooting, etc, McT is better.

It's easy to look decent in the farmer's league.

We need a midfield maestro, a deep lying play-maker, not an equivalent of Wan Bissaka in midfield.

ThemanGiggsy

There’s a very good reason no big clubs are firing bids in for him
Are you referring to off the field stuff as opposed to on field performance? if so, that could be why, but you cant deny he is beast on the field and would instantly improve our midfield.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Are you referring to off the field stuff as opposed to on field performance? if so, that could be why, but you cant deny he is beast on the field and would instantly improve our midfield.
All well and good, but no one will touch him with a barge pole whilst sexual assault is hanging over him. Nobody wants to take that chance

Tarrou

impossible at the moment but I really like the look of Maxence Caqueret

would take something crazy to get Lyon to sell though I think

Jonesno.8

So if VdB does go on loan with a view to shop window him we lose another bench option for relatively nothing do people have an issue with taking Zakaria or Hadara in Jan.

Summer outlook:

Lingard Out of Contract
Matic Suspect he will leave
Pereira Same as above
Mata Same as above
VdB Does well gets sold,
Does very well adds depth.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cool. David Silva and KBD aren't CMs. Yet they seem to play there.

Also weird his position is listed literally as CM on every site.....I'm sure you'll tell me he's actually a false 9 or some other shite.

Feel free to go back in time and cock block your dad so you're not born.
He's literally a final third player. He barely even touches the ball before it gets into the final third. Silva and De Bruyne played for City, effectively as part of their front 5, with a midfield pivot behind and the wingbacks tucking in to form a 2-3 defensive shape

Yes, you can use Bellingham the way City used Silva and uses De Bruyne. In fact, this is what Dortmund do. You can't use Bellingham the way United's CMs play

Scholsey2004

Fabian Ruiz is probably the best attainable midfielder but would cost a lot. Tchouameni's good too although imo doesnt have Ruiz's quality in possession but would be just as expensive. Kamara i like, he's a good passer and would be cheap or free. Zakaria is too similar to McTominay, wouldnt add anything new. Kessie's going to Barca. The fee for Rice makes it not worth discussing imo. Bellingham is very talented but if what we actually need is a DM then i dont think he should really be part of the conversation, he seems more of an 8. I'd go for Kamara.

We Need Another Rebuild

Tielemans contract is only till 2023 why would you sign Fabian Ruiz over him?

Prem proven technical and can handle the intensity of the Prem

Ruiz could be another Donny incredibly technical hasn't got the physicality to cut it

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

This is who I'm most impressed with from the French midfielders.

Playmakers able to playmake in deep is quite rare to find and I'm scared we maybe trying to sign the "next Kante" who I see always available in nearly every team in every league.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Actually not necessarily true as his contract is running out, so probably best opportunity to.

NoPace

Actually not necessarily true as his contract is running out, so probably best opportunity to.
He's out next year says TransferMark. I didn't know that. Interesting. He's small, but would presumably instantly be our best player under pressure with the ball. It's killing me to watch Kante and Kovacic and guys like that and we don't have one player comfortable being pressed in midfield.

croadyman

He's out next year says TransferMark. I didn't know that. Interesting. He's small, but would presumably instantly be our best player under pressure with the ball. It's killing me to watch Kante and Kovacic and guys like that and we don't have one player comfortable being pressed in midfield.
Yeah one of the girls at work is a big Chelsea fan and not gonna lie jealous as hell of their midfield options on the ball

jesperjaap

What makes it so shocking for me we didnt sign a central midfielder is surely most people in this thread think there are better options that are all transfer possibilities that upgrade us, just look at the numbe rof names. I think anybody could name ten possible signings. For me:

1) Bargain - Kamara
2) The right signing forgetting fees - Rice
3) Name not mentioned under the radar signing - Caqueret of Lyon

NoPace

Yeah one of the girls at work is a big Chelsea fan and not gonna lie jealous as hell of their midfield options on the ball
I kept getting mad during their loss to City watching Kovacic and Kante mostly play very well under the kind of pressure that could genuinely have ended Fred or McTominay's career here if we tried to play that way against Pep.

NoPace

What makes it so shocking for me we didnt sign a central midfielder is surely most people in this thread think there are better options that are all transfer possibilities that upgrade us, just look at the numbe rof names. I think anybody could name ten possible signings. For me:

1) Bargain - Kamara
2) The right signing forgetting fees - Rice
3) Name not mentioned under the radar signing - Caqueret of Lyon
I'm a little annoyed that Rangnick has been looking at 10M sized transfers for like a year or so in Moscow and didn't have one guy he rated enough to bring in at DM.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Tchouameni keeps getting mentioned (it's a Football Manager game thing?), but I'm watching his compilations and I don't see nothing special or how he would be an upgrade on McT. Maybe his tackling is better, but passing, technique, aerial game, shooting, etc, McT is better.

It's easy to look decent in the farmer's league.

We need a midfield maestro, a deep lying play-maker, not an equivalent of Wan Bissaka in midfield.
It's more of a statistics thing, he just seems to be on top of all of the charts for interceptions, tackling etc. It's a big if whether he can keep it up and whether it can translate to a bigger league. We've seen this go very wrong with players like Bakayoko. I wouldn't think much of the compilation videos, he doesn't play in a sexy position. But I agree, he doesn't solve our transition issues.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Fabian Ruiz is probably the best attainable midfielder but would cost a lot. Tchouameni's good too although imo doesnt have Ruiz's quality in possession but would be just as expensive. Kamara i like, he's a good passer and would be cheap or free. Zakaria is too similar to McTominay, wouldnt add anything new. Kessie's going to Barca. The fee for Rice makes it not worth discussing imo. Bellingham is very talented but if what we actually need is a DM then i dont think he should really be part of the conversation, he seems more of an 8. I'd go for Kamara.
Ruiz would be a dream signing. A lot of people say they wish we had a version of Matic that was 5/10 years younger. He feels like pretty much that.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We need just a CM and DM. For the CM role, it's actually interesting seeing a good number of CMs who would have just a year left in the summer. At least one of them would be reasonably priced and any of them would be a big upgrade on McFred specifically in posession:

Caqueret
Tielemans
Fabian Ruiz
Aouar

For the DM role Its really just Rice and Touchouameni that stands out.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Which available players can make passes like Carrick? They don't have to be good at defending because that can be left for another player - but who are the good playmaking CM?

Neves, Caqueret? Who else?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Another transfer window is nearly over and many names have been running around for a good midfielder but it seems that we're not going to get anyone.

We've been saying for a long time that our weakness is primarily in midfield but the club doesn't decide seriously to get our greatest need.

Shame.

LuckyScout78

Personally right now. And because of United current cm options. I would go for:

Aurélien Tchouaméni > Rice = nr.6 role = more allround and hold back a bit.

Jude Bellingham > Tielemans = the creative and offensive cm/nr.8 = a more free and offensive role

Future 4 cm options + Bruno in needed and crisis situations:

Bellingham/McTom/Bruno - Aurélien Tchouaméni/Fred

I want to keep Fred because. I think and believe Fred is a player and personality that will accept a more squad/rotating player. I think Fred will accept more time on bench, but still a really good hard worker and ball winner to bring on. Has Fred as a nr.6 option will be really good for the depth of the squad. Not having 70-100 mill Euro player to have a rotating role. A 70-100 mill euro player is a regular starter.

I have seen Fred sit on the bench really often. And his mood and confidence has been affect so much. Accept benchtime but always give your best when you get the chance. Its crucial when its needed. Like long time injury. Then you have Aurélien Tchouaméni who are more and better than Fred on the ball, build and creative. So it does strenght the creative of nr.6, even their main job is the defensive.

And about Bellingham vs Tielemans. Bellingham is a beast of cm. He has the beast mode and personality. And about few years when Bellingham physical full develop to the complete. With his acceleration, speed combine with flair and skills. He will have the advantage over Tielemans on the physical and beast mode and mentality. And because of that. I think the full pontential of Bellingham will higher than Tielemans.

nr.6 Aurélien Tchouaméni : MV = 40 mill Euros

nr.8 Jude Bellingham: MV = 75 mill Euros

Jude Bellingham. The boy is only 18. To reach his level right now. Regular for Dortmund, both in league and ch.league and have some caps for England. I think if he Bellingham keeps his feets on the ground, keep working hard and have the right focus. I think and believe Bellingham can become a really really good nr.8 in the future.

Bellingham has everything to become one of the best nr.8 in the future. Abilities demanded:

- Super eplosiveness and acceleration = which will help you to coming out of tight situations, pass opponent players easily
- top drive, passion, engine, guts and determination
- top flair and ball control
- Have goals in your games and assists
- top fighting and winning mentality. No mood player and always give your best
- A good karma/things goes your way. Seem like he is on the right path. The path from Birmingham - A much bigger club in Dortmund, next step in the path. To a top club in Europe.

And both of Jude Bellingham and Aurélien Tchouaméni names stand for itself. Unique and one and only.

Both of those boys have many many factors and reasons to play for the best club in Euope in the future. Keeps your feets on the ground, keep working hard, enjoy the game and football and have right focus. Naturally theirs will develop and become a better football player.

Future regular for France and England.