Film Which movies/series would you consider truly groundbreaking?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Its not even the directors best film either. His best film, for those interested, is Memories of Murder.

But, yes, the general audience does seem to have finally woken up about Asian cinema.
In that regard, Slumdog Millionaire was groundbreaking, wasn’t it?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Have they?

I doubt foreign cinema will ever get over with the general English speaking audience really, for a variety of obvious reasons. But I'd also say there was generally a bigger boom in the casual film buff market in the early 2000's too, with Oldboy, Hero, Crouching Tiger all gaining some solid mainstream coverage, as well as Infernal Affairs, albeit that was more of a sleeper hit than the others.
Agree with you. There's still not a lot of distributors who touch Asian movies even since Parasite brought over interest. Tartan did in the 00's but they went out of business and then Arrow sort of continued but it's now largely in the hands of much smaller distributors like Thunderbird and Third Window Films (and let's be fair who here has heard of them?).

Bong Joon Ho was already two steps into Hollywood when Parasite came out because he'd just made Okja (Netflix) and Snowpiercer (French produced but with US/UK Actors).

He's still an outlier for me and I expect his career might end up looking a lot like Ang Lee's, who won a few awards for Brokeback Mountain after coming over from Taiwan.

Simbo

True that was a huge draw as well. Avengers more for the MCU rise I think.
Original Iron Man is what broke ground. That was the film that drew in fans of all ages and started it all off.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Original Iron Man is what broke ground. That was the film that drew in fans of all ages and started it all off.
Nah, you’re all wrong. It was the original Batman with Michael Keaton a couple decades earlier that broke ground for superhero movies.

But that answer is probably wrong as well.