Which teams do you most enjoy watching - United aside?

Pass and Move

So, United aside, which teams do yo most enjoy watching play? From a footballing perspective rather than any personal attachment.

I watched both Liverpool V Atletico and PSG V Dortmund last night, and didn't really enjoy either beyond the drama of the Liverpool match. I really dislike watching Liverpool, or indeed any team with such a relentless high pressure as them playing. Effective as it may be, it just stifles the play in my opinion, and I rarely see any enjoyable football in their matches. In contrast the PSG match seemed pedestrian with both teams dropping off as soon as possession was lost and little real hustle from either team for large parts of the match.

I've really enjoyed Barca at times over the last 10 years, although even they became tiresome when it was possession at all costs.

I think Ajax of the last two seasons and City last season, stand out for me.

So, occasion aside, who would you likely tune in to watch?

forevrared

Atlanta United are my MLS team. I'm originally from south Georgia, so I've cheered for Atlanta teams in all American pro sports my whole life. Unfortunately I moved to LA a few years before they started up, so I've only made it back to Atlanta for one match. On the other hand, I've seen 5-10 Galaxy matches and 5-10 LAFC matches in person over the years. Galaxy matches were all beyond boring, but I've stood in the supporters end for all but one LAFC match and that's an energy I've never felt in another sporting event, so I keep an eye out for them even if they rival Atlanta United.

I also appreciate Ajax as a club.

KennyBurner

I only enjoy watching City play when they have De brunye or David silva. Those two are the only players that can make them tick creatively. De bruynne forces the issue similar to bruno fernandes which makes them very effective.

In general I really dont watch any other teams other than United because Im too busy with life. I might prioritize the occasional Liverpool game yesterday because I was so sure it would bring me joy seeing them crash out.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Due to hastily spread of coronavirus, anybody who says Liverpool or City should get instantly banned not to spread the disease imo.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
City play some breathtaking football when they’re at their best (which makes it even nicer when we beat them). I’m quite enjoying Dortmund this season, and sadly I haven’t seen enough of Atalanta who are probably the most entertaining side in Europe at the moment.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I also try to catch highlights of every PSG game, as they’re usually brilliant, but watching the whole 90 minutes of them battering one average side after another week in week out gets tedious very fast.

Pass and Move

I have watched a lot of Atalanta and Lazio over the last three seasons. Atalanta is particular are very enjoyable. Newcastle because they are my second team and have been for years (for many reasons) .. can't say it's much fun though it is always dramatic. Norwich this season. They play excellent football. I have watched a bit of Leeds and Leipzig because of the coaches (Very rewarding)
I've not seen anything of Atalanta unfortunately. How do they play, what is it that makes them entertaining?

I remember when Atalanta beat Everton in the group stages of the EL, they've come a long way.

I love watching Liverpool when they go through their bottlejob stage every season. Especially when they go a goal up like last night. Just a shame City bottled it even worse this time for the league.

I watch Inter because i currently live nearby but Serie A is quite boring to be honest. If it's not United i tend to prefer going to watch local lower division games in person.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Lille:
I like Mike Maignan, Gabriel, and Victor Oshimen. I'm still antipating to see Timothy Weah in action more often. Shame about the injury.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'd rather watch United's lower-tier teams than other football. However, football is always on in the background and watching other teams only becomes interesting when it benefits United. Liverpool, Leeds, City, and Spurs (since Jose taking over) losing also raises my interest.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I love watching arsenal. It's always likely they'll lose no matter how many goals up they may be... Then of course ArseFam.TV happens.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Dortmund.

Always enjoy watching Arsenal lose too.

flappyjay

I'd rather watch United's lower-tier teams than other football teams. However, football is always on in the background and watching other teams only becomes interesting when it benefits United. Liverpool, Leeds, City, and Spurs (since Jose taking over) losing also raises my interest.
I too have enjoyed Spurs matches as of late.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I have enjoyed many Dortmund matches over the last decade, after they stopped winning stuff against us. They somehow always manage to accumulate young exciting attacking talent and make them thrive, at least for a while. When their attack is clicking, they are beautiful to watch.

Andy_Cole

I think I don't like football. I only like United. I love watching our rivals lose. I love an underdog too. But great football doesn't do it for me.

Last night - I absolutely loved it. It would've been great for Liverpool to get KO'd with a 92nd minute goal, but it was still great to see them lose the way they did.

I basically love the emotion of football, whereas style of play is a bonus (when United play with style!).

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I only enjoy watching City play when they have De brunye or David silva. Those two are the only players that can make them tick creatively. De bruynne forces the issue similar to bruno fernandes which makes them very effective.

In general I really dont watch any other teams other than United because Im too busy with life. I might prioritize the occasional Liverpool game yesterday because I was so sure it would bring me joy seeing them crash out.
I have exactly the same opinion.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
At their best, Dortmund and City are wonderful to watch. The football Leeds play makes me hope they go up.

Last edited:

simplyared

Must be Athletico Madrid after last night's game against Liverpool. Not that they play so much attractive football, but watching Simeone on the sideline is entertaining in itself.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Real Sociedad are the most interesting team to watch in La Liga this season imo.

Cagliari have been involved in some amazing games in Serie A this season. Can understand Atalanta being the hipsters new team of choice though.

rotherham_red

So, United aside, which teams do yo most enjoy watching play? From a footballing perspective rather than any personal attachment.

I watched both Liverpool V Atletico and PSG V Dortmund last night, and didn't really enjoy either beyond the drama of the Liverpool match. I really dislike watching Liverpool, or indeed any team with such a relentless high pressure as them playing. Effective as it may be, it just stifles the play in my opinion, and I rarely see any enjoyable football in their matches. In contrast the PSG match seemed pedestrian with both teams dropping off as soon as possession was lost and little real hustle from either team for large parts of the match.

I've really enjoyed Barca at times over the last 10 years, although even they became tiresome when it was possession at all costs.

I hate to admit it, but Liverpool during the slip season and Liverpool in the latter half of the 17/18 season. Made me so jealous when I saw what shite we were serving up at the time.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
The only other team I go out of my way to watch is Arsenal tbh. Just a habit I've carried from childhood when it was always us and them fighting for the title.

Do I enjoy watching them? This season I certainly have.

204Red

The Winnipeg Jets - they're an ice hockey team

Honestly, I don't really "enjoy" watching non-United games, and I when I do watch a match that United aren't playing in, its hard to think of the match as anything other than white noise.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I enjoy watching our rivals when they're struggling, Spurs have been a delight to watch this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Recently: Atletico, Watford, Chelsea and Aston Villa.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Atalanta are really easy on the eye, and half shades of Kevin Keegan managed teams about them.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

I like RB Leipzig.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
I kinda have a favorite team in every major league, United in the UK, Real in Spain, Juve in Italy... but if they have been playing badly i wont watch the games, i already have my own Sporting to make myself feel miserable. :lol:

But mostly i'm a football fan so i tend to watch whatever team is playing good football, regardless who they are.