Which top 6 team have the most promising youngsters?

Njord

As the title says, which of the top 6 teams have the most promising group of young players? I'll list some of the players that have been included in the first teams. I'll set the line at those that turn 23 this year (born 97 or later). I might forget some players, or be wrong about their age.

Chelsea: James, Tomori, Ampadu, Gilmour, Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

Arsenal: Maitland-Niles, Tierney, Willock, Guendouzi, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli, Nkethia

Spurs: Walker-Peters, Tanganga, Foyth, Sessegnon, Gedson, Skipp, Parrott, Bergwijn

City: Garcia, Jesus, Foden

Liverpool: Kelleher, TAA, Gomez, Jones, Elliott

United: Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Williams, Gomes, Chong, James, Greenwood, Rashford

I think we have the second best young player in the league, with Rashford only behind TAA, as well as being able to match Chelsea and Arsenal in quantity. Tottenham looks bad here, but they have Sanchez, Ndlmbele, Lo Celso and Alli who are born in 96, which improves their stansing a bit.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How have you created this thread tonight and not include Gilmour for Chelsea?

I actually thought that would be the point of the thread :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Gomes and Chong? Come on, Gomes can't get a sniff of your bench in a season where you're ravaged by injury and Chong has looked wank.

Williams looks a real talent for you, no idea why Ole seems to prefer Shaw,

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's always us, followed by Arsenal. We're the ones who actually give these players serious game time. Chelsea tend to have the talents but never truly give them the opportunity (though that seems to be changing under Lampard).

Njord

How have you created this thread tonight and not include Gilmour for Chelsea?

I actually thought that would be the point of the thread :lol:
Didn't watch the match, he's played well then?

As I have huge faith in Rashford and Greenwood, I'm backing us, but Chelsea is definatly my second choice for this.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
As the title says, which of the top 6 teams have the most promising group of young players? I'll list some of the players that have been included in the first teams. I'll set the line at those that turn 23 this year (born 97 or later). I might forget some players, or be wrong about their age.

Chelsea: James, Tomori, Ampadu, Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

Arsenal: Maitland-Niles, Tierney, Willock, Guendouzi, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli, Nkethia

Spurs: Walker-Peters, Skipp, Parrott

City: Jesus, Foden

Liverpool: TAA, Gomez, Jones, Elliott

United: Henderson, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Williams, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood, Rashford

I think we have the second best young player in the league, with Rashford only behind TAA, as well as being able to match Chelsea and Arsenal in quantity. Tottenham looks bad here, but they have Sanchez, Ndlmbele, Lo Celso and Alli who are born in 96, which improves their stansing a bit.
Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James?

City have Eric Garcia who made an appearance this season
Spurs have Bergwijn, Foyth, Gedson, Tanganga and Sessegnon
Chelsea have Gilmour
Liverpool have a goalkeeper called Kelleher

Kag

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez and Rashford are fairly well established; all three of them should be starting for England this summer (fingers crossed).

Looking at the other names that are slightly less established, Reece James is a standout. Saka has lots of promise and Greenwood is going to be the absolute tits.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Between us and Chelsea for top spot. They might have a bit more quality depth, while Rashford is the best u23 player of the 2 clubs and Greenwood has highest potential IMO. Arsenal close too, some excellent youth, but they're arsenal so theyll feck it up somehow. Add Sancho and we take the mantle from Dortmund for best young player group in the world IMO.

Njord

Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James?

City have Eric Garcia who made an appearance this season
Spurs have Bergwijn, Foyth, Gedson, Tanganga and Sessegnon
Chelsea have Gilmour
Liverpool have a goalkeeper called Kelleher
Some obvious ones there, OP updated.

TheReligion

Abusive
Gomes and Chong? Come on, Gomes can't get a sniff of your bench in a season where you're ravaged by injury and Chong has looked wank.

Shaw has been playing very well lately and deserves the spot tbf

TheReligion

Abusive

Chelsea: James, Tomori, Ampadu, Gilmour, Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

Spurs: Walker-Peters, Tanganga, Foyth, Sessegnon, Gedson, Skipp, Parrott, Bergwijn

City: Garcia, Jesus, Foden

Liverpool: Kelleher, TAA, Gomez, Jones, Elliott

United: Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Williams, Gomes, Chong, James, Greenwood, Rashford

Mctominay?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea born in 97 or later.

.................Collins
James Tomori Guehi Maatsen
Ampadu Gilmour Mount
CHO Tammy Pulisic

Left back is a stretch (17 years old, very highly rated but still a baby).

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Sad thing is..

City and Liverpool have the least home grown and youth players. Yet they are doing the best.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Agreed. I've not seen anything in Chong to get excited about, and I think Carrick and Phelan would get a game before Gomes right now.

Williams has looked very good. I think Ole is being smart with him. He played a lot of games and then had a couple of poor performances. That also coincided with Shaw playing well. We don't wanna be relying on a kid, but he'll overtake Shaw eventually I'm sure.

diarm

Cute.

Chelsea fans throwing their weight around after a transfer ban let them see a young player in the shirt for the first time in two decades.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
United. Chelsea-Arsenal tied. City-Liverpool tied. Then Spurs.

Imo, 99% certain to become great players. R.James, Martinelli, Greenwood, Williams, Laird, Wan-Bissaka, TAA, Guendouzi, Foden, Gomes, Jesus, Rashford.

TheReligion

Abusive
For United I'd pick;

Henderson
Wan Bissaka
Tuanzebe
Mengi
Williams
Garner
Gomes
Mctominay
James
Greenwood
Rashford

Dalot
Hannibal
Laird
Traore

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Cute.

Chelsea fans throwing their weight around after a transfer ban let them see a young player in the shirt for the first time in two decades.
Interesting, must have been hyperventilating when Ryan Bertrand played in the CL final, or Christensen played in last year's Europa final (something Loftus and Odoi would have both done also had they not been injured).

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
You need to add Brewster, Williams, Hoever, and Harry Wilson to Liverpools list.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yet we have fans on here complaining about thin squad. Us by a wide margin. You didn’t even mention hannibal mejbri who is one of our most promising youngsters. Which shows the luxury of talent we have.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Between us and Chelsea for top spot. They might have a bit more quality depth, while Rashford is the best u23 player of the 2 clubs and Greenwood has highest potential IMO. Arsenal close too, some excellent youth, but they're arsenal so theyll feck it up somehow. Add Sancho and we take the mantle from Dortmund for best young player group in the world IMO.
Madrid has Vinicius, Rodrygo, Ödegaard, Asensio, Hakimi, Militao, Ceballos, Reinier, Brahim Diaz and Valverde under contract. I don't think anything comes close to that, currently. They've focused their transfer activities almost exclusively on signing the greatest talents at an early stage.

I mean, they could field

Rodrygo Vinicius Diaz
Reinier Ödegaard
Valverde
? Militao ? Hakimi
?

and still have Ceballos and Asensio on the bench.

Oh and Barcelona, despite being in a terrible state right now, still has Fati, Puig, de Jong, Arthur and Dembele while Todibo and Perez are on loan. That's still exceptionally good.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think adding players aged 22 is a bit of a stretch, they aren't youngsters anymore frankly. I tend to think of youngsters as rookies, players with fairly limited or no first team minutes. Therefore players aged 21 or less.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Madrid has Vinicius, Rodrygo, Ödegaard, Asensio, Hakimi, Militao, Ceballos, Reinier, Brahim Diaz and Valverde under contract. I don't think anything comes close to that, currently. They've focused their transfer activities almost exclusively on signing the greatest talents at an early stage.

I mean, they could field

Rodrygo Vinicius Diaz
Reinier Ödegaard
Valverde
? Militao ? Hakimi
?

True, forgot how much talent they have out on loan. Also was including Hakimi for Dortmund (though I know he's a loan), so having Haaland, Sancho and Hakimi, with Reyna on the bench is a pretty crazy top level. For Madrid though having the main 4 of Vinicius, Rodrygo, Odegaard, Hakimi is huge.

Canadianred17

This would be interesting if we added teams across Europe to this list. Real have the best up and coming youngsters I believe. Rashford, Wan-Bissaka, Henderson, and Greenwood are the only ones I would bet are on the squad 5 years from now. I'm not sold on Williams. If he ends up being a starter than our standards would have not improved.

Njord

I mean, they could field

Rodrygo Vinicius Diaz
Reinier Ödegaard
Valverde
? Militao ? Hakimi
?

Oh and Barcelona, despite being in a terrible state right now, still has Fati, Puig, de Jong, Arthur and Dembele while Todibo and Perez are on loan. That's still exceptionally good.
Reguilon has been decent on loan I believe, so there's a left back for them as well. Do they have buy back option for Theo Hernandez?

There also Luca Jovic, if he can find some form.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
This would be interesting if we added teams across Europe to this list. Real have the best up and coming youngsters I believe. Rashford, Wan-Bissaka, Henderson, and Greenwood are the only ones I would bet are on the squad 5 years from now. I'm not sold on Williams. If he ends up being a starter than our standards would have not improved.
If we're talking about European clubs, I think we are worth a mention, too :smirk: we currently have Havertz, Diaby, Paulinho, Palacios and Tapsoba under contract.

Leipzig also has some talent in their squad with Konate, Upamecano, Mukiele, Wolf, Olmo, Nkunku, Lookman, Werner and Augustin.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Because Shaw's a very good player himself! A lot better than Williams right now; as promising as he is.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think we have the best depth as the youth cup domination of this decade shows.

However compare the best 2-3 of each academy and there's not a lot in it.