Which youngsters will feature on Tour? (2015-2016 version)

Brightonian

Weir's in the first team 'back in training' video on the official FB page, dunno if that means anything. Probably not; loads of the U21s have trained with the first team at one time or another since LVG took charge, doesn't necessarily mean they'll all be on tour.

He really is the Lingard of his age group.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Will Keane loaned to Preston and RVP is probably going to be sold before the tour so its pretty obvious that we will bring one young striker along, maybe Rashford?

Brightonian

Could be. Most important thing to my mind is that Wilson gets loads of game time, it's a really good chance for him to impress.

khoazany

Will Keane loaned to Preston and RVP is probably going to be sold before the tour so its pretty obvious that we will bring one young striker along, maybe Rashford?
Would be Fletcher if we do bring any.I think 2 strikers are enough for pre-season though if we only play 1 of them at a time.Might try someone like Lingard as striker too.

Devil may care

I know we were supposed to be taking a truckload of kids on tour but maybe it will end up as quality over quantity, and by that I mean giving the most promising ones plenty of game time as opposed to spreading the minutes out among a wider set of youngsters.

khoazany

I know we were supposed to be taking a truckload of kids on tour but maybe it will end up as quality over quantity, and by that I mean giving the most promising ones plenty of game time as opposed to spreading the minutes out among a wider set of youngsters.
Definitely.We have only 4 games of 90 minutes each anyway.No point bringing a lot but some of them only train and not playing.Might have countereffect on their fitness preparation and confidence.

Don't know why but I have a horrible feeling that LVG will repeat another Blackett case, or more.

Devil may care

Definitely.We have only 4 games of 90 minutes each anyway.No point bringing a lot but some of them only train and not playing.Might have countereffect on their fitness preparation and confidence.

Don't know why but I have a horrible feeling that LVG will repeat another Blackett case, or more.
I'm thinking Wilson, Pereira and Januzaj will get a lot of minutes in those 4 games, I know the latter is not in quite the same boat but he could use the chance I feel. Then McNair and maybe Pearson would be the other 2 to really benefit from the chance I think.

Šjor Bepo

Would be Fletcher if we do bring any.I think 2 strikers are enough for pre-season though if we only play 1 of them at a time.Might try someone like Lingard as striker too.
Fletcher has zero chance of making it with us so dont see the point of taking him.....and if we are really considering taking Gribbin even though our midfield is packed(Ben, Rothwell, Harrop) then i dont see why we wouldnt consider taking Rashford.
Will Lingard even travel on the tour? He played at Toulon few weeks ago....

Sid234

I think we'll see Gribbin, Perreira, Weir, McNair, Love and Johnstone go..maybe Milinkovic If Johnstone's loaned out??

khoazany

Fletcher has zero chance of making it with us so dont see the point of taking him.....and if we are really considering taking Gribbin even though our midfield is packed(Ben, Rothwell, Harrop) then i dont see why we wouldnt consider taking Rashford.
Will Lingard even travel on the tour? He played at Toulon few weeks ago....
Fair enough, though I will take Mitchell if that's the case (if he's already back to his full fitness).

Lingard will feel that he needs to feature if he still want to make it with us.

I think we'll see Gribbin, Perreira, Weir, McNair, Love and Johnstone go..maybe Milinkovic If Johnstone's loaned out??
No sign of Milinkovic on first team, U21s or U18s training from what I heard.

James Weir :nervous:
Grimshaw would be immense.LVG might feel that he needs a De Jong.

Šjor Bepo

Fair enough, though I will take Mitchell if that's the case (if he's already back to his full fitness).

Lingard will feel that he needs to feature if he still want to make it with us.
Demi was injured most of the last season so thats the reason why i would take Rashford over him...

Sid234

Well to be fair, the most impressive youngster on tour last year for me was Reece James. Don't think anyone even expected him to get a shot, even Blackett was more likely.

James kicked on and done well since too. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Grimshaw, Weir or Love really step up and grab the chance like James did last year

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Maybe LvG might think the first team need the minutes sharing out between them to get them up and running for the season. There are less games this time and no match at OT before the season starts. His priority is for the first team to get off to a better start.

khoazany

Maybe LvG might think the first team need the minutes sharing out between them to get them up and running for the season. There are less games this time and no match at OT before the season starts. His priority is for the first team to get off to a better start.
1/ He didn't keep his words.
2/ Why Goss out of anyone?
3/ Look at the other team's pre-season squad.

I'll go for a good hiding.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Just hope Pearson, Perreira and Lingard go. Can't really expect anyone else.

Roboc7

We were never going to take lots of youngsters on tour, heard people mention 8-10 youngsters who could go but with tour squad likely to be 25 players or so it's just not realistic.

When LVG spoke about giving opportunities to youngsters I think he was talking about McNair, Wilson, lingard, Perriera and Blackett.

Brightonian

I can understand why we might only take a few. I imagine LVG considers Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira, McNair and Blackett first-teamers already anyway. But if Goss comes ahead of Pearson, in particular, I'll be disappointed.

stu_1992

Makes sense to me. Surely there was always gonna be less youngsters as it's a summer without a World Cup or an European Championship?

FromTheBench

I was not expecting many youngsters on tour this time but LVG Mentioned taking plenty of youngsters first last month and then repeated the same sentiment again twice which let alone the U21s, even led to rumors of Gribbin and the likes going and reported by the papers.

And Taking Goss over Pearson, Harrop, Rothwell would be quite strange. Possibly the left footed right footed thing striking again if true.