Which youngsters will feature on Tour? (2015-2016 version)

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Based on what I've heard and hope this will be my list (I exclude Pereira who's already trained full time with the first team and Johnstone who I'm sure will be our number 3 GK at least):

1. Lingard
2. Pearson
3. W.Keane
4. James
5. Janko
6. Rothwell
7. Harrop
8. Tuanzebe
9. TFM
10. Gribbin
11. Williams
Isn't it too early for the ones I bolded?

How about Varela and Henriquez? Donaldo Love? The guy we got from Salford City?

khoazany

"From what I've heard".

Henriquez is as good as gone.Varela maybe but he's already 22 and too lack of experience for his age - even less than the likes of Keane or Lingard.Love if Varela can't go by some reasons.El-Fitouri is U21s bench warmer.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

The word from people like Mr. Mujac is that some of the u18s will be going along. Sadiq El Fatouri from Salford is absolute rubbish. It is better to bring the younger players who actually have a chance of becoming top players than the older ones who don't.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
"From what I've heard".

Henriquez is as good as gone.Varela maybe but he's already 22 and too lack of experience for his age - even less than the likes of Keane or Lingard.Love if Varela can't go by some reasons.El-Fitouri is U21s bench warmer.
Oh, I know; I was asking for your opinion.

I thought may be Henriquez will get another look after his stellar goal return on loan.

The word from people like Mr. Mujac is that some of the u18s will be going along. Sadiq El Fatouri from Salford is absolute rubbish. It is better to bring the younger players who actually have a chance of becoming top players than the older ones who don't.
Thanks.

I thought those guys are too young to have any impact yet. Maybe the experience will help?

khoazany

Oh, I know; I was asking for your opinion.
I thought may be Henriquez will get another look after his stellar goal return on loan.
I think they all have good chances to make it with us and we don't have any older youngster in their positions who are anywhere near their talent (I don't count McNair,Pereira,Januzaj,Wilson) so it's all good to give them the experience and who know what will happen?I actually want to bring Mitchell and Rashford as well but you can't have too many.

yamo123x

By youngsters I think we will see

Lingard, Pereira, Januzaj, Blackett, McNair, Shaw, Wilson, Powell.

Rothwell Love and Tuanzebe would be good to see.
Still cannot believe we sold Thorpe, much better than Blackett and McNair. Amazed really.

Brightonian

Yep, without a doubt. Certainly ahead of Powell, who really wouldn't be worth the jet fuel in my opinion.

limerickcitykid

How many times?
The 118 minutes he played for the reserves, I don't need to see him more to know that he is shite and neither does anyone else as it was clear as day he was several levels below the others. There is a reason he wasn't picked up by anyone after City and there is a reason he was benched for the reserves and its because he is shite.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The 118 minutes he played for the reserves, I don't need to see him more to know that he is shite and neither does anyone else as it was clear as day he was several levels below the others. There is a reason he wasn't picked up by anyone after City and there is a reason he was benched for the reserves and its because he is shite.
Once is what you are saying? ok

Gerald G

He couldn't even break into the U21 lineup. There's not a chance of him going on tour.

Sid234

Looks like Gribbin might have a shot at making the pre-season tour.. training with the 1st team, if he impresses LvG then might see something similar to what happened with James last summer.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He was benched by 17-year-old Tyler Reid in our last U21s game and when Reid was subbed 16-year-old RoShaun Williams was preferred ahead of him.

Quite a PR move if you ask me.
I don't know a lot about him at all actually, I only had a look due to the poster above being so sure he could tell from just over 100 minutes that he was awful, I thought, how bad must he have been? I've only been able to tell that Bebe wasn't any good from 100mins or less..

In Rainbows

I don't know a lot about him at all actually, I only had a look due to the poster above being so sure he could tell from just over 100 minutes that he was awful, I thought, how bad must he have been? I've only been able to tell that Bebe wasn't any good from 100mins or less..
On the 3 occasions I saw him he was really bad. Bad decision making, bad touch, technique, etc...

jb8521

@khoazany @jb8521

Any rumors on which of the youngsters might feature on tour? Gribbin seems to be in with a shout
Gribbin is likely to go. A couple of the other u18s are being considered as well and will be assessed in training this week. From the u21s Love, Weir and Goss trained with the seniors today

Sid234

Gribbin is likely to go. A couple of the other u18s are being considered as well and will be assessed in training this week. From the u21s Love, Weir and Goss trained with the seniors today
Donald Love's really improved over the past season hasn't he? Would definately deserve a chance to go on tour

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
If Gribbin or specially Weir/Goss go and one of Rothwell/Harrop doesnt than something is really wrong with our club.....

limerickcitykid

Would that mean Pearson, Rothwell and Harrop weren't training with the first team or could they have been in there too?

limerickcitykid

If Gribbin or specially Weir/Goss go and one of Rothwell/Harrop doesnt than something is really wrong with our club.....
I don't think so with Gribbin. The kid is special and I think it is smart to have him in and around the first team early. Rothwell and Harrop are my favourite players but they don't have the potential that Gribbin does.

Goss is a good player too, just been really unlucky with injuries the past year.

Sid234

Looking at what happened with Thorpe last season, wouldn't be surprised if Rothwell has the same fate..I think we'll see TFM and Goss go, I have a feeling even Pearson might get overlooked too

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I don't think so with Gribbin. The kid is special and I think it is smart to have him in and around the first team early. Rothwell and Harrop are my favourite players but they don't have the potential that Gribbin does.

Goss is a good player too, just been really unlucky with injuries the past year.
Gribbin is talented i agree but its way to early for him and both Harrop and Rothwell deserved their chance......im not mentioning Pearson as i thought he is the first name on the teamsheet for the tour(from youth pool).

As for Goss, he is pretty average to me.....lovely left foot but average at best in other aspects of the game, similar to Olly Norwood. It was funny how it all started with Goss, someone(probably corrigan) created one match highlights video of him and everyone started raving how we have the new Carrick lol

@Sammyjunn zero chance imo

khoazany

Looking at what happened with Thorpe last season, wouldn't be surprised if Rothwell has the same fate..I think we'll see TFM and Goss go, I have a feeling even Pearson might get overlooked too
TFM is not going.

Can't tell for certain with Goss.Not impactful enough in most of the games but he has talent.

Always worry that Rothwell is heading the same path as Thorpe.The door would be shut for him if we sign another CM as Pereira is already ahead of him in the pecking order.He wouldn't make it at any position other than number 8.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Interesting how highly they seem to rate Gribbin if he's being considered for the trip inspite of being only 17 and the likes of Fosu-Mensah not going.

limerickcitykid

Still only 16. I think its about time we started pushing our talented young players more anyway. Loads of other teams bring 17 year olds on tour and have 16-17 year olds as regulars for there u21s whereas in recent times we've been leaving our players in the u21s until they are 20 without any first team experience. I'm hoping the likes of Gribbin, TFM, Tuanzebe, Williams etc. are all regulars in the u21s next season. We need to continually push these players to the next level which we have failed to do in the past.

LR7

I'd love Pearson and Harrop to go.
Excited that Gribbin is currently being given a chance to impress the first team coaching staff.

khoazany

Interesting how highly they seem to rate Gribbin if he's being considered for the trip inspite of being only 17 and the likes of Fosu-Mensah not going.
Not even turned 17 yet until December.

Read this on reddit earlier. Just going to be with the u21s?
I've no idea tbh.Just repeated what I heard.U21s would need players for their pre-season as well so can't bring too many.

Last edited: