Who are the current active players worth £100m/116.99€m or more?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Who, in the current market, would you say is worth that kind of fee?

Do we have more than 10 players in the world in this bracket anymore?

Let’s take the easiest and most obvious two off the table in Mbappé and Haaland; who then pads out a top 5, 10, or more, in your opinion?

With the ages of: Neymar, C.Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, De Bruyne and L. Suarez the ‘auto-fill’ on this question is no longer valid; does Kane even hit 9-figures anymore for you, also?

Hammondo

Probably only Salah. Best player in the world, 29 years old, has to be the most valuable player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Depends, you’d definitely have to pay well over £100m to entice Barca into selling some of their youngsters. Possibly the same with us & Greenwood - though none of them are £100m players. Same with Inter & Barella, as an example. Foden at City.

Van Dijk & Salah from Liverpool - age might be an issue but on form, they’re worth that. Neymar is probably a £100m player as well, even at his age. Kimmich at Munich. Verratti would command a hefty fee.

Kane’s an interesting one. With each passing match he looks on his way down.

The rest are all probably a toss up.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Marquinhos
Kimmich
Foden
Salah
Kane

Salah and Kane could be a 100m that backfires though, Kane is arguably already on the way down, Salah may not be as good outside of Liverpool

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Gavi,
Fati,
Salah,
Bruno

Infra-red

It obviously depends a lot on the seller.

City don't need money, for example - they have effectively limitless financial resources. I doubt they would entertain a £100m offer for De Bruyne.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Some not mentioned, but close

Kante
Marquinhos
Goretzka

Green_Red

Depends who the seller is and who the buyer is. If its us buying there's a load that would cost us more than £100mil.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Honestly no one i don't think any player is worth that much you have to be prime messi or Ronaldo type to command such a fee and none of the current players are

KingCavani

Haaland
Mbappe
Kimmich
Pedri

Only ones I’d put at that level at the top of my head. TAA would be pretty close too, he’s a weapon.

I’d be pretty raging if we paid £100m for Saleh. Great player but I think if he loses a yard of pace he’ll drop off massively which can happen anytime after 30. Ronaldo has skewed how sustainable that sort of form is.

We’ll spend £100m+ on Declan Rice in the summer, who’s a good player but nowhere near that level.

Stacks

Not worth the British tax probably to most people
Marquinhos
Kimmich
Foden
Salah
Kane

Salah and Kane could be a 100m that backfires though, Kane is arguably already on the way down, Salah may not be as good outside of Liverpool
Some not mentioned, but close

Kante
Marquinhos
Goretzka
Honestly no one i don't think any player is worth that much you have to be prime messi or Ronaldo type to command such a fee and none of the current players are
Its interesting because I said in the Rice thread that these 80+ 100+ £million players never justify or live up to their fee. I would argue only Ronaldo has justified it in recent years. The others either flopped or made no real meaningful improvement to their sides so with this in mind I would say no one. certainly not the ones mentioned in these lists. They would most likely be decided as flopped or "not justified" when purchased.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Its interesting because I said in the Rice thread that these 80+ 100+ £million players never justify or live up to their fee. I would argue only Ronaldo has justified it in recent years. The others either flopped or made no real meaningful improvement to their sides so with this in mind I would say no one. certainly not the ones mentioned in these lists. They would most likely be decided as flopped or "not justified" when purchased.
I guess you could argue for bale considering the goals he score in them finals for Madrid but that's really pushing it

its really telling that the only high cost 80 mil + transfer that was a success was Ronaldo who is a goat tier player

These kinda of transfer had much higher success rate back in the day (Maradona van Basten Roy kean Bryan Robson etc)

Jacob

Disregarding contract situation:

Mbappé
Haaland
Foden
Greenwood
Kimmich
Fati
Pedri
Frenkie
TAA
Salah
Mount
Barella

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
No chance. He's injury prone and will be 31 in March.
He seems to be getting better and better and is one of the most decorated midfielders of the past 5 years.

His football mileage at the highest level isn't bad and his low centre of gravity will be a weapon for many years.

M Bison

Supports
York City
From our own side I’d say Bruno and Rashford would fetch north of £100m personally. Rashford is in poor form but his age and the quality he’s shown in the past would command it imo.

Greenwood not there yet but won’t be long.

From the England team I’d agree with Foden and also would expect Mount to be up there as well as Grealish (still). Trent is £100m player too imo.

Hammondo

The price is determined at most by what a club is willing to pay, the vast majority of the players mentioned would not go for 100+, no club would pay it.

Dante

Average bang
Bruno

One of the few players in world football you could build your team around. Hypothetically speaking, if Newcastle wanted just one man for their new side to revolve around and were willing to spend £100m to get him, Bruno would be right near the top.

Salah, Haaland and Mbappe might be the obvious top 3. But they all need creators to get them chances.

Fernandes should be in the conversation for a team that needs a single marquee signing. He can do it all on his own, whilst single-handedly elevating everybody around him. That's a massively underrated quality.

Last edited:

stepic

From our own side I’d say Bruno and Rashford would fetch north of £100m personally. Rashford is in poor form but his age and the quality he’s shown in the past would command it imo.

From the England team I’d agree with Foden and also would expect Mount to be up there as well as Grealish (still). Trent is £100m player too imo.
nobody is paying £100m for rashford. If someone offered that I’d bite their hands off

KeanoMagicHat

Very few are worth it and maybe unpopular but I wouldn’t spend £100m on Salah. He’s never played better than right now, but he’d be 30 if you got him in the summer and if it came with a big contract where he’d be looking for way more than he’s on at Liverpool, who knows he wouldn’t go the way of Aubameyang and Hazard in that environment. That’s not a slight on him as a player, it’s just I’ve seen it happen so many times before. There are actually more let downs than roaring successes at that kind of price.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm surprised to see Marquinhos mentionned here several times as he's one of the most underrated player in the world. Good job redcafers.

Gavi,
Fati,

Salah,
Bruno
No way Gavi is worth £100m. It's debatable for Fati even if it could be possible but it would be ridiculous for Gavi. De Jong was 85M€ when Barcelona bought him and he was a FAR more accomplished player than the Barcelona youngsters, including Pedri (even if I think Pedri could be worth 80-100M€).

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Haaland
Salah
Greenwood
VVD
Neymar
Mbappe
Foden
Kimmich
Pedri
TAA
Sancho
Fabinho
Bellingham
Kimmich

Stacks

I guess you could argue for bale considering the goals he score in them finals for Madrid but that's really pushing it

its really telling that the only high cost 80 mil + transfer that was a success was Ronaldo who is a goat tier player

These kinda of transfer had much higher success rate back in the day (Maradona van Basten Roy kean Bryan Robson etc)
Yeah kinda but Madrid fans see him as a flop. It is very telling indeed.

Basically the market is overinflated but teams are not learning lessons. Spending their whole transfer budget on a player and little return. No surprise Real and Barca are fecked and PSG about to lose MBappe on a free having not succeeded in their mission

Very few are worth it and maybe unpopular but I wouldn’t spend £100m on Salah. He’s never played better than right now, but he’d be 30 if you got him in the summer and if it came with a big contract where he’d be looking for way more than he’s on at Liverpool, who knows he wouldn’t go the way of Aubameyang and Hazard in that environment. That’s not a slight on him as a player, it’s just I’ve seen it happen so many times before. There are actually more let downs than roaring successes at that kind of price.
Unpopular opinion is that neither Mbappe nor Neymar justified their spend either. What did they get more than what they got with just Zlatan and Cavani? One CL final appearance in a COVID year and lost a league title to Lille. Every season Zlatan played they won the league. Now Mbappe leaving on a free and what was the purpose?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

I’d snap someone’s hand off if they offered us 100 million for Rashford.