Who are the real summer targets?

MUFC OK

I genuinely dont have a clue, I'd say Timber probably, otherwise no idea.

I'm already bored of all the rumours, discourse and fake news around who we will sign. Promised myself I'm not going to follow it too closely this summer.

Elcabron

If we bought only three players this summer, each of whom turns out to be a great buy then I'll be happy.

That and ETH implementing his style/system and fostering some team spirit where we see players motivated, committed to the cause etc would make for a very refreshing season ahead.

That's all I ask.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Whoever agrees to come. I don't think we have much choice.

Either we find some relatively unknown good players or we are fecked. We can't go for the big names as they're way too expensive. And most will chose CL teams anyway.

Someone

Something
Wouldn't be surprised if any of the targets have been identified yet. Everybody is trying to put 2 and 2 together just because it makes sense, but no one really knows the real budget and what ETH is thinking. I think the main focus now will be on departures.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If we bought only three players this summer, each of whom turns out to be a great buy then I'll be happy.

That and ETH implementing his style/system and fostering some team spirit where we see players motivated, committed to the cause etc would make for a very refreshing season ahead.

That's all I ask.
I think this is all anyone would ask.

ForeverRed1

I don’t think the media have a clue, that’s why we’re linked to every Ajax player or past Ajax player.

There will be some surprises in there for sure.

Kwamilyfyer

Realistic List of Targets:

Timber, Torres, Martinez, Neves, Tielemans, Kamara, Nunez, Nkunku, Antony

Unrealistic List of Targets:

De Ligt, Kane, Rice, De Jong, Tchouameni

We will have to operate intelligently in the market and hit on under the radar targets not mentioned. I honestly can’t think of the last time we did that well.
I'll take Caqueret, Tchouameni, Ekitike and Koulibally in a heartbeat.

Giggsy13

I don’t think the media have a clue, that’s why we’re linked to every Ajax player or past Ajax player.

There will be some surprises in there for sure.
Ten Hag screaming “Noooooooooo” while Murtough blows the proverbial load on Rice.

ForeverRed1

Ten Hag screaming “Noooooooooo” while Murtough blows the proverbial load on Rice.
let’s be real it’s fairly probable.

extend lingard, Cavani and mata incase they become worth something and spend 150 on rice.What could possibly go wrong:drool:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't mean anyone with a Dutch passport who Ten Hag once smiled at.

Nor do I mean £100M+ players who we are never going to go for.

Realistic transfer targets who are attainable and are the sort of player who will fit into Ten Hag's philosophy.

Enlighten me.
I am available as forward alongside Ronaldo. My contract demands are £30k pw and Rio has to wine and dine me once a month.

BuzzKillington

None of the above.

Come on Raoul, you're better than that.
I actually agree with the consensus here. I don’t think EtH has internalised the trauma that supporting United has inflicted on the rest of us over the last 10 years and views FdJ as a viable target for a club that is solvent, buying from a club that isn’t.

Plus the Dutch, like most Northern Europeans, generally tend to view English clubs as favourably as Spains big two. FdJ being an alleged die hard Barca fan is a bit of an outlier here.

DeGea’sFeet

Anthony & Nunes those make up for losing Cavani, Greenwood, Martial. Gives us a central presence and a good winger.

Probably 1 or 2 CDM’s who compliment each other.

CB Torres or Timber
ideally a LB and RB but won’t happen.

Daengophile

Realistic transfer targets who are attainable and are the sort of player who will fit into Ten Hag's philosophy.

Enlighten me.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I'd be very surprised if we bought any prima Donnas at this stage

I'd be very surprised if we bought players over the age of say 26

AkaAkuma

I’ve read that he usually brings players from former clubs. Doesn’t sound like the ones he took to Ajax were a success though.

He will most likely want a few players initial who understand his system and help it form.

MUFC OK

Enlighten me.
Players with a Dutch passport who ten hag knows will fit the ten hag philosophy, though so a bit of a contradiction. But wouldn’t take more than 2 from Ajax. Seems that Timber is a big talent from most reports, so him. Maybe one more.

I’d like to think that in ten hag and with Rangnick and the new set up we can identify the right personalities who are also top players. I guess we will see. It’s a lottery at the moment but my god, we’ve had Woodward deciding on transfers in the past so this has to be a step up.

Im backing us to have a good summer.