Who are your PL team of the season thus far?

Josep Dowling

Has to be Luton. Given their budget it's a miracle they're not bottom of the league. Even when they lose they give a good account of themselves and rarely lose by more than one goal.

RedDevil@84

Villa for being in a position no one expected.

But I am happy for Luton. They have been good. Hope they stay on.

Smudger22587

Do your mean Premier League Team (Eleven Players) or the actual Premier League Club itself?

tomaldinho1

Was going to say WHUM but they've had a shocking last 5 games, probably Villa to be honest. They've had some key injuries and are still hanging in there.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wolves. I thought they'd struggle and be in the relegation battle. Without VAR nonsense they could be in a ECL/EL battle.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Luton are fantastic and I always make sure to watch them if I am at home for their games. Any team is given a game by them and they compete really well. I would love to see them stay up.

Having said that, I think my team of the season so far is Wolves. Written off by Lopetegui as needing serious investment, frustrating players like Cunha, Lemina, Sarabia etc… that have ability but have never really found their club. They also lost their best player to rot at City.

They only got their manager after he was deemed not good enough to take Bournemouth, of all teams, forward.

O’Neil has galvanized them and found roles for the talent they have and given them a home at Wolves.

Recent results include a double over Chelsea, a 3-0 win over Everton, beating Brentford 4-1 away from home, a win over Spurs and a win away at Bournemouth, the club that decided O’Neil wasn’t good enough for their lofty ambitions.

Only 4 points off 7th spot and I would love to see them put a run together and get into Europe. They are my second team right now after United and I think O’Neil and some of their nomadic players deserve a lot of credit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sean Dyche. They hit him 10 times but he still feckin' breathin'

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
And why?

@Dirty Schwein, to my surprise, I’ll go for your lot!
Bias aside, I would say Luton too considering our total transfer expenditure since the Inception of the PL is lower than Enzo Fernandez :lol: so we're massively punching above our weight.

I would also include Wolves who I thought were a guaranteed team to be in the relegation places but they've done amazing to stay away from it.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Club.

Luton were supposed to have about 8pts by now - being above relegation, with that squad and their resources, is incredible!
I would add the nature of their performances against the top sides. I don't think many would disagree that the best sides in the division are Arsenal, Liverpool and City. Well Spurs too, but it serves my argument better to focus on the other three.

A last minute equalizer for Liverpool to make the game 1-1
A last minute winner (97th minute!!) for Arsenal to win the game 4-3
Marginal loss to Man City 2-1 having been winning at half time.

Luton has also scored the same amount of goals as Man Utd, having played one game less.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Despite the recent drop off, you'd have to say Villa are up there. Been in the top 4 for most of the season and are only one point off it.

Think Wolves have done better then anyone expected at the start of the season.

And obviously Luton as everyone else has said.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Bias aside, I would say Luton too considering our total transfer expenditure since the Inception of the PL is lower than Enzo Fernandez :lol: so we're massively punching above our weight.

I would also include Wolves who I thought were a guaranteed team to be in the relegation places but they've done amazing to stay away from it.
That is an absolutely mad stat. I grew up in Watford a minutes walk from Vicarage Road, so antipathy for Luton was all around. What they've managed to achieve is brilliant. Plus, I've watched a few games and the football is pretty decent, too.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Been a few very good performances tbh.

Wolves and Bournemouth you wouldn't have expected to be doing so well.

Everton were nowhere near the relegation zone when they got the ten points and they've got a good chance of getting out of it still, Dyche has them playing well for the most part.

Luton are doing excellent considering their budget and I'm glad there's been no calls for their manager to go considering he got them there cause that's happened at Sheffield United (feel for Heckingbottom considering their owner's antics).

Villa shooting above where they've been, but you kind of expect Emery to get a decent enough tune out of one of his teams.

Unfortunately Arsenal and Liverpool are doing really well too although I fully expect City to go on a monster run now like they always do.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Aston Villa have done extremely well to this point. They do spend upwards of €100m every season consistently, however, so I wouldn't have them punching above their weight. Bournemouth and Wolves have been really good too.