Who do you want to win the league?

Who do you want to win the league?

• Arsenal

• Man City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bwuk

Arsenal any day of the week.

Find some of the takes on this thread a bit mental. City have a good chance at the treble ffs.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Yup, at least Arsenal worked their way to a title challenge instead of buying it. They lost key players, like Jesus or Partey, to injuries and you were waiting to see how they would cope. On the other hand, City under Pep look like Xerxes and his army of Immortals. They can miss their record goalscorer until the end of the season and no one would bat an eyelid.

I can't say i agree with the "they're plastic and their titles mean nothing". The only reason Abu Dhabi invested in City was to prove that they can knock United off their perch. This is their ulterior motive. A friend of mine predicted that it would take them close to two generations to establish themselves as THE club in Manchester. They are on a freaking mission. And we kind of look, with views like this, like the rich kid who's fecked up and laughs at the neighbour who won the lottery, but after that, is also making all the right decisions.

The only positive from City's dominance is that Liverpool haven't won more titles under Klopp.

Zoo

City are on for a treble so it’s a no-brainer to switch all your support to Arsenal now.

Hughes35

Usually I'd say Arsenal because the City wins do always feel a bit hollow and they might get slapped with a big points deduction.

However, while City are looking strong for the trebly you have to support Arsenal.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Arsenal should be the answer for all Man Utd fans, possible exception for those living in London who might be surrounded by tons of Gooners

Lyng

Arsenal should be the answer for all Man Utd fans, possible exception for those living in London who might be surrounded by tons of Gooners
Pretty much this. City winning three in a row or even worse a trebble would be terrible. I dont give a feck about rival fans and their banter, but I do care deeply about Uniteds records.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Arsenal fans from North London wouldn't.

Arsenal fans from elsewhere? Who's formative memories are the rivalry against United? Possibly.
That's what I think, too. Considering how many Arsenal fans are on here, we could even ask here and get a decent gauge of their preference!

Also, you wonder if how they achieved this hypothetical success would play a part in their preference. As in, for those that would prefer Tottenham to us like those that prefer City to Arsenal here, would they still prefer them if they got to the top by winning the lottery rather than through being a brilliantly run club with the mindset of "their success won't mean anything anyway"?

To me, it doesn't matter how City got there, and it doesn't matter that they could potentially be stripped of this and that one day due to cheating. I feel like it'd be the same for the Arsenal fans from London at least.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That's what I think, too. Considering how many Arsenal fans are on here, we could even ask here and get a decent gauge of their preference!

Also, you wonder if how they achieved this hypothetical success would play a part in their preference. As in, for those that would prefer Tottenham to us like those that prefer City to Arsenal here, would they still prefer them if they got to the top by winning the lottery rather than through being a brilliantly run club with the mindset of "their success won't mean anything anyway"?

To me, it doesn't matter how City got there, and it doesn't matter that they could potentially be stripped of this and that one day due to cheating. I feel like it'd be the same for the Arsenal fans from London at least.
In my little bubble, us or Tottenham getting bought by Saudi Arabia wouldn't change the calculus one bit for the Arsenal fans I know. I know this guy who loathes United. That doesn't go away if United are bought by Saudi Arabia.

The indifference towards City on here is a carryover from the indifference (and mild laughter) towards City before the takeover. The sole memory I have of them is being an annoying team enroute to our title in 06-07, quickly forgotten. But for local fans I'm sure they were loathed then, the same way they're loathed now by them, rich benefactors be damned.

And it's all bullshit coping mechanisms any way. All successful clubs won the lottery in one way or another. The idea of "we earned our success" is just bootstraps theory that is nearly impossible today and allows fans of traditional big clubs to cope with success of the upstarts (that is, until said upstarts are on the verge of winning trebles, which is when all that cognitive dissonance and compartmentalization comes crashing down anyways :lol:)

Fully Fledged

For all those using them being state owned as a reason you do realise that we will probably be state owned next year don't you?

My big fear after last night is that we are the last chance of stopping them winning the treble. Winning the treble while beating us in the final would be the cherry on the icing on the cake for Stockport. Still hearing that Aguero at the start of a football show grates my last nerve. They will be considered the greatest side ever if they managed that by every ABU in the media.

Zen86

Absolutely detested Arsenal back in the early 00s when the rivalry was at it's most bitter. Now, I think I actually have a soft spot for them because of that rivalry. It was a brilliant period of the PL.

Unam333

I changed my vote. After yesterday's game against Bayern I realised City were on course for a treble. Who in the right mind wants to read the following:

Wikipedia:
Both Manchester City and Manchester United have won the treble (the Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League), the only two sides in English football to do so.

"Shudder"

Yagami

Good post resistant
In my little bubble, us or Tottenham getting bought by Saudi Arabia wouldn't change the calculus one bit for the Arsenal fans I know. I know this guy who loathes United. That doesn't go away if United are bought by Saudi Arabia.

The indifference towards City on here is a carryover from the indifference (and mild laughter) towards City before the takeover. The sole memory I have of them is being an annoying team enroute to our title in 06-07, quickly forgotten. But for local fans I'm sure they were loathed then, the same way they're loathed now by them, rich benefactors be damned.

And it's all bullshit coping mechanisms any way. All successful clubs won the lottery in one way or another. The idea of "we earned our success" is just bootstraps theory that is nearly impossible today and allows fans of traditional big clubs to cope with success of the upstarts (that is, until said upstarts are on the verge of winning trebles, which is when all that cognitive dissonance and compartmentalization comes crashing down anyways :lol:)
Here's a different POV

I asked my mum who's been a United fan since the George Best days (who she was in love with!) and she chose City because it'd make my brother who's a City fan happy bless her! :lol:

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal

Arsenal fans from elsewhere? Who's formative memories are the rivalry against United? Possibly.
I'm an English but not truly 'local' Arsenal fan and I grew up with United being the main competitive rivals, and also having way more United fans around me than there were Spurs fans.

I still wouldn't choose a Spurs title win over a United one, no way.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I'd be very surprised. From the outside at least it seems their feelings towards Spurs are more akin to ours toward Liverpool. Main rivals as opposed to "just" local rivals.