Who here wants us to beat Leicester?

Abraxas

I do not want us to lose simply to hurt a rival but I do want to see us prioritise ourselves and play some young players. A fantastic opportunity to get them some experience against a good opponent who will be desperate to win, it is very rare that we can justify doing that. In reality this will probably reduce our chances of actually winning the game significantly, anyway.

United Hobbit

Bar an absolute miracle, we aren't winning the league

I think our focus now needs to be the Europa final, and trying to win it.

I hope not to see Cavani, Rashy, Bruno, Shaw, Maguire and to some extent, Greenwood.

We don't want them injured for our final.

I'd rather beat Liverpool than Leicester

Can't believe we still have another game vs Wolves to endure, and on the last day... urgh!

MU655

Beat both Liverpool and Leicester. Leicester should still secure top four that way.

USREDEVIL

Semi "B" team against Leceister and A team against Pool.
We just played on Sunday and the starters need a rest. Also we have to beat pool. All roads point towards a b team for Leceister.
Henderson
AWB Bailly Lindelof Telles
McT Matic
VDB
Diallo Greenwood Rashford

redmanx

Exactly how I feel, it's highly unlikely but you never know.
We should play to win every match and put out the strongest team we can,
I want to win every game we possibly can.
Always! We should rest a couple of players, Bruno and Rashford, but the players who come in will have the chance to show they can be relied upon to perform, and if they want to stay they have to do this; even with a couple of squad players in for Bruno and Rashford we should still be too good for Leicester. Then Ole can put out our best 11 against the Scousers and beat them to really end our PL season in style!

KungFuCantona

I'd have some big guns on the bench just incase they're needed around the hour to 70 minute mark

Dante

Average bang
Yes, very much.

Look at the Harry Kane thread. He wants to play for a club that's challenging for trophies.

The difference is huge between United being on 67 points in fourth place versus 82 points in 2nd place. With the former, we're also rans. With the latter, we're real contenders.

Winning and amassing points is about announcing ourselves on the big stage again. If we want to attract ambitious players who aren't just here for the money, we need to symbolically close the gap to City.

Bondi77

How can someone watch the team they love and not want them to win??
I never can.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Obviously I want us to win but equally I want us to rest every starter for the Pool game.

Bulldog United

Just goes to show how we've fallen from our former standards.
Yeah I remember mocking Liverpool fans when they were more interested in their team losing to hurt us, than winning football matches. Their late winner against Blackburn greeted with almost absolute silence sticks in my memory.

Fergie reduced them to that pathetic state.

Liverpool will never reduce me to their pathetic state.

I will be willing our youngsters to all have great games and win on Tuesday night. And then on Thursday night, we take care of the Liverpool problem.

Cast5

People need to lower their expectations for this game. It’s going to be a completely different side. I absolutely want us to win though, put our second team out, defend for 85 minutes then bring on Cavani for his customary headed goal. Job done, roll on the dippers on Thursday.

I’d just like a few more days of City fans wetting the bed about us.

Crustanoid

Much more important to help Leicester stop our rivals getting CL than some plastic club sealing a hollow soulless championship

NoLogo

Of course I want us to win this game. But it's the right choice to play the second team in this game and the first team against Liveprool. The other way around wouldn't even make sense since there was just one day rest between this game and our game on Sunday.

MalcolmTucker

Happy with this line up - I want us to win but if we lose, we lose. Better to be full strength against Liverpool and not risk injuries

Bigsid

We should play to win every game and though it would be nice to win the Europa League it's a trophy only played for by the D listers of European football. Not one semi finalist was even in the top 6 of their respective Leagues apart from us so I would expect us to win it convincingly.

King Eric 7

Now it's match time I want us to win. But I'd prefer to risk the loss and rest the first team like we've done today.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
I think Leicester need to win to keep Liverpool out of top 4.....
One of those where im happy to lose if im not watching/ ignoring the match but as soon as i start watching it all goes out the window and im desperate to win.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Have to say, looking at the table I’m feeling a lot happier about this right now than I thought I would.