Who is going to be the Next Prime Minister of the UK? | Be your stubborn best

paulscholes18

Well, we lost the PM and Chancellor who both wanted to remain, and got a new PM and Chancellor who both wanted to remain

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yep :lol:. David Cameron might just be thinking, why did I decide to resign?
George Osborne must be kicking himself. Probably thought he had no chance and that a Brexiter like Boris was guaranteed to get the job. Instead he'd have only been up against May, and might have even had a reasonable shot at the top job considering so much has happened since his budget slip-ups.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Well, we lost the PM and Chancellor who both wanted to remain, and got a new PM and Chancellor who both wanted to remain
Lotsa difference. Cameron was pro-EU. May and Hammond are Eurosceptic. Cameron would never trigger the exit clause. May would.

I think it's a shrewd move. May is considered practical and realistic and probably the best to lead UK out of EU..... If not for the BoJo appointment, which was freaking ridiculous.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I've always found it kind of funny that when the new PM goes to meet the Queen, the Queen then asks them to form a government. I'm just waiting for the future PM who's in it for a joke, wins, gets asked by the queen to form a government, and says, "Nah, you're alright.", before pissing off.

Silva

I've always found it kind of funny that when the new PM goes to meet the Queen, the Queen then asks them to form a government. I'm just waiting for the future PM who's in it for a joke, wins, gets asked by the queen to form a government, and says, "Nah, you're alright.", before pissing off.
:lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
They may have outwardly voted for Remain, perhaps to support Cameron, but their private vote may have been to Leave.
I think she was on the fence on Brexit. She always had a hardline stance on immigration (supports Leave) but was also aware of the financial benefits (supports Remain). I believe she was playing politics in voting Remain but not pledging in fully...and it seems to have worked. Brexit crowd is not exactly unhappy with her and the compromise won her the PM post.

Most politicians who voted or supported Leave seem to have a firm belief that they can have access to Single Market without opening immigration. Personally, I believe it's a blind stupidity as EU would never allow it (as it means anyone can break away with minimal impact). Time will tell.