Who is going?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Waded through a few pages and saw no reference to this. I'm flying out on Monday for Uruguay-England in Sao Paulo and then over to Natal for the game with Italy.

Going there early to get into the groove of things and wouldn't mind having a pint or two with some of you.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thanks for rubbing it in. :( Seriously, though, i'm not going, but I can imagine it'll be awesome going out there. A moment to cherish. Hope you have a great time, mate.

TheSpaceman

Got tickets to Russia-Korea and France-Honduras. Not the most exciting of games, but looking forwards to it nonetheless. Bummed that Ribery won't be there

pintero

I'm flying out Sat. Watching the 2 games in Cuiaba next week. And some sightseeing afters..

antohan

Thanks for rubbing it in. :( Seriously, though, i'm not going, but I can imagine it'll be awesome going out there. A moment to cherish. Hope you have a great time, mate.
Looking forward to it, I didn't bother go to Germany despite living in London at the time, but Uruguay hadn't qualified. Regret that to this day (let alone not venturing out to South Africa given all the drama!). With Russia and Qatar next I just can't miss this one.

LARulz

In Rio right now. Here till next week before i fly back home. Lots of fans and a good atmospherr so far. Security is everywhere though which is good I guess

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Gonna be in Rio by the beginning of the Round of 16. Got no match tickets though due to FIFA's shitty ticketing system and site.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Flying to Rio on Saturday and staying until the 29th, with a day trip in Sao Paulo on the 19th and Brasilia on the 23rd.

Going to the first five Rio matches, Uruguay vs. England, and Cameroon vs. Brazil.

starman

I have got tickets but have not confirm anything yet, was waiting for everythin to align in order to go.. Just check the price of the plane ticket and it go up by 25%! Internal flights i was planning has go up by 50%. Sao Paulo to Brsaila was £90, now is £210.

Is this because of the airport strikes?

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
I have got tickets but have not confirm anything yet, was waiting for everythin to align in order to go.. Just check the price of the plane ticket and it go up by 25%! Internal flights i was planning has go up by 50%. Sao Paulo to Brsaila was £90, now is £210.

Flight rates change with time. The closer your date is, expensive would be the ticket.

antohan

Flying to Rio on Saturday and staying until the 29th, with a day trip in Sao Paulo on the 19th and Brasilia on the 23rd.

Going to the first five Rio matches, Uruguay vs. England, and Cameroon vs. Brazil.
Awesome. The company I used to work for (and still minority part-own) in Rio got the contracts for providing medical services at the stadiums in Rio, Brasilia, Cuiaba and Manaus. Also got the deals for several team training camps, including England's. I was looking forward to spending the entire WC faffing around in some sort of coordinating role but when I floated the idea with the MD he didn't seem too pleased. I used to be the MD myself so he clearly saw it as a threat, which I have no interest in, so had to shelve that idea. People and their fecking politics/management :(

Would have loved it, I was there when we played the Club World Cup in Rio and managed to meet much of that 99 side :drool:

Will have to stick to watching two Uruguay games as a fan, hopefully more... :nervous:

antohan

It's demand, and also complete chaos, tickets are getting changed regularly as well. I've had two of my three legs changed already, and one of them was changed twice!

Maksimilian

One of my mates and his brother are stayin in the same hotel in Rio as England. He actually convinced some other tourists there that he was Adam Lallana and started signing stuff and takin photographs. Hes got pics of it on facebook:lol:

margarito86

Waded through a few pages and saw no reference to this. I'm flying out on Monday for Uruguay-England in Sao Paulo and then over to Natal for the game with Italy.

Going there early to get into the groove of things and wouldn't mind having a pint or two with some of you.
What dates will you be in Natal? I am flying into recife on the 20th, but will be in Natal a few days after.

antohan

What dates will you be in Natal? I am flying into recife on the 20th, but will be in Natal a few days after.
20th to 24th I think. Will actuallly be in Pipa but over to Natal for the day when we have the Italy game.

margarito86

20th to 24th I think. Will actuallly be in Pipa but over to Natal for the day when we have the Italy game.
u gonna catch Uruguay vs Italy? me and my friends are trying to watch that game.

We are mexican so if u are in the area and feel like hanging out with some mexicans :D

antohan

u gonna catch Uruguay vs Italy? me and my friends are trying to watch that game.

We are mexican so if u are in the area and feel like hanging out with some mexicans :D
Mmmm.... pass... doubt I will be in the mood. You Mexicans are good fun, except when it comes to football. We are usuallly down to earth and hope that maybe, if the Gods of football are on our side, or the keeper spills it and it goes in off a defender's arse... You seem to think you are the team to beat. It's not a good mix. ;)

starman

Money wise, whats the best way to way to carry/spend? I am looking into a those prepaid card but dont see a advantage over a credit card other than the hassle of cancelling if lost/stolen?