Who is the most UNDERrated player in PL history?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Yaya Toure.

Phenomenal player. Absolutely unplayable on his day.

That 13/14 season where he scored 20 goals in 35 apps as a centre midfiedler was ridiculous. One of the best midfielders to grace the premier league, in my opinion.
I'd take Yaya at his best over Vieira or Keane.

Davicho

Michael Carrick.

Most people started to recognize his importance and talent in 12/13 season, but before that he was completely oustanding.

His ability to play the ball forward quickly, is the best i have seen in a center midfielder. I always noticed that Fergie could take off Scholes, Anderson, or any other midfielder during a game, but he never took off Carrick, because he gave the team defensive stabality but also offered creativity with his passing. Bar that period of bad form around 10/11, id say he was our most important player since 2006, until Fergie retired.

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronRedDevil

:houllier:

So you dont understand football?

Carrick was worldclass.
He was good at the start, but in his last 3 or 4 years. All he kinda did was pass it left or right every game. Never through the middle. Hell he was the one responsible for all the sideways passing we kept doing, which led to all those crosses we kept doing. Not being a threat on the pitch. I like him, but people made him out to be world class was laughable imo. Though I did see how important he was in his last season.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Waye Rooney.

Second highest goal scorer in premier league history, 3rd most assists in premier league history.

Gets talked about like he was some kind of average player who was lucky to have job, when in fact he is one of the best players the league has ever seen.

buckooo1978

Waye Rooney.

Second highest goal scorer in premier league history, 3rd most assists in premier league history.

Gets talked about like he was some kind of average player who was lucky to have job, when in fact he is one of the best players the league has ever seen.
true in some respects

Rooney was the ultimate team player and gave everything for the team

I don't think people under rate him because they think he was average....rather I think it's because prople realise there was unfulfilled potential with Rooney..... in 2005 he was a far more effective player than Ronaldo. He's under rated because he wasn't the player he could have been.

he was still a fantastic player up until about 2014 but imagine what he could have done had he taken a view to fitness like a Giggs

Rooney should have featured in Balon D'or discussions given his natural ability and gifts