Who out of our current squad gets into this Bayern lineup?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
It's the Wan Bissaka claim that is the most ridiculous there. Watch his highlights and then tell me if you'd want him over Kimmich or Pavard.
Most ridiculous claim is anyone over Müller. He is the man of the people, and the heart and soul of that team. As for his football skills, he just a week ago was best man on the pitch in a game that included Messi. the man not only is a WC and double triple winner, he also just made Coutinho a reserve player, ended Kovacs career at Bayern, and set the all-time assists per season record for the Bundesliga. Müller spielt immer.

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

Have a chance:

Bruno - does not fit their system, replaces Coutinho on the bench.

Martial - Better player than their wingers but only when he plays up front. Bench but gets a lot of minutes.

Rashford - Starts if he can rediscover his form. Otherwise no.

Pogba - Does not suit them but Goretska is overrated. Yeah maybe.

Grande

Shaw for Davies, Pogba for Thiago, Bruno for Müller would stand a chance. De Gea has been above Neuer for a few years, but not atm.

Rashford is the onlydead cert for me.

MrSingh2002

Shaw for Davies, Pogba for Thiago, Bruno for Müller would stand a chance. De Gea has been above Neuer for a few years, but not atm.

How's your nephew Luke doing?

Must be your nephew ffs.

lex talionis

Great question.

Based on recent form, none. Which is not to say our players are crap. I like what we’ve got. But if we’re going to be honest we’re outclassed in every position by a very strong Bayern side.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Rashford is a dead cert to start for Bayern? Are you taking the piss? They have 5 wingers better than him.

Shaw over Davies? Are you ok mate? Have you hit your head??

Bruno over Muller just tells me you never actually watch them play.

Last edited:

Litch

I'm more interested if we exchanged managers than players.....

Son

Martial, Pogba, Maguire for me.

I’d take Kimmich and Davies for our team. Exactly the kind of players we are missing as others have stated.

Grande

How's your nephew Luke doing?

Must be your nephew ffs.
He’s enjoying his WT.

As of now, Alphonse Davis to me is a huge talent and a very good LB, with some weaknesses and inconsistencies. If I had him and Luke Shaw to chose from today, I’d probably have played Luke against PSG. That’s based on the 5-6 games I’ve seen with Davies, mind.

DannyDee

He’s enjoying his WT.

As of now, Alphonse Davis to me is a huge talent and a very good LB, with some weaknesses and inconsistencies. If I had him and Luke Shaw to chose from today, I’d probably have played Luke against PSG. That’s based on the 5-6 games I’ve seen with Davies, mind.
Luke would be 3rd choice LB there. If Davies lost his form or these last few months are mirage, they'd play Lucas Hernandez over Shaw.

Grande

Rashford is a dead cert to start for Bayern? Are you taking the piss? They have 5 wingers better than him.

Shaw over Davies? Are you ok mate? Have you hit your head??

Bruno over Muller just tells me you never actually watch them play.
No need to be so arrogantly condescending.

Yes, I think Rashford these last couple of seasons have been better than Kingsley Coman, Philippe Coutinho, Leroy Sane and Ivan Perisic, from the games I’ve watched. Based on that, I would have him as a first choice. Unless you discount everything that happened before covid, I don’t see that as an outrageous claim.

Thomas Müller is one of the players of the decade, but he has had his ups and downs the last few years. Recently he has been playing close to his best, though I’m not sure he is capable of retaining that level beyond a hot patch of form and team functionality. In the final, he made quite a few nice plays, and misplaced quite few passes. If you enter the Thomas Müller thread here a year ago, you might not think it crazy to think that a top form Bruno at 26 could at least challenge him for the no 10 spot.

The 5-6 times I’ve seen Davies, he has looked like the biggest LB talent in the world. Not the finishes article, but still currently very good. Still he has weaknesses he needs to iron out, which makes him sometimes overplay, sometimes get passed, sometimes position badly, and sometimes get stuck offensively and slow down play. For a game against PSG, I might have preferred an in form Luke Shaw against Di Maria. Shaw is a very steady LB with good one-touch and link-up play. The way Bayern played against PSG would suit him to a tee.

Grande

And then they'd play Alaba and Perisic ahead of Fat Luke.
Comments like that makes it reduntant to even answer, as you’ll never going to change your mind or even understand why Luke Shaw was named POTY a season ago.
Luke would be 3rd choice LB there. If Davies lost his form or these last few months are mirage, they'd play Lucas Hernandez over Shaw.
I would probably have Alaba ahead of Shaw if I didn’t prefer Alaba at CB. Lucas Hernandez? I think you’re either of the ‘Fat Luke’ camp above, or one of the people who think everything at Bayern is gold based on the Hansi Flick run of collective form.

DannyDee

Comments like that makes it reduntant to even answer, as you’ll never going to change your mind or even understand why Luke Shaw was named POTY a season ago.

I would probably have Alaba ahead of Shaw if I didn’t prefer Alaba at CB. Lucas Hernandez? I think you’re either of the ‘Fat Luke’ camp above, or one of the people who think everything at Bayern is gold based on the Hansi Flick run of collective form.
I would say it based on his form at Atletico. So neither? If you are going to just dismiss people's opinions by grouping them with people you already disagree with, I should probably just group you as someone who dramatically overrated Luke Shaw. And, I like Luke Shaw.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would say it based on his form at Atletico. So neither? If you are going to just dismiss people's opinions by grouping them with people you already disagree with, I should probably just group you as someone who dramatically overrated Luke Shaw. And, I like Luke Shaw.
It could be the case that Bayern would get the best out of Shaw. Something 2 coaches failed to do and only Ole it would appear is doing right now.

shaky

I'm more interested if we exchanged managers than players.....
Why would you be interested in their manager? Got relegated in his first job, only won a title in a small league after that. You'd have probably called him an out of his depth PE teacher when he got the Bayern job.

Grande

I apologize to you. I did read your post in the light of a couple of others that just revelled in hyperbole to ridicule my statement. I admittedly had forgotten about Lucas Hernandez after his injury, so I won’t pass judgement on him now, as I haven’t seen him play since the WC.

Litch

Why would you be interested in their manager? Got relegated in his first job, only won a title in a small league after that. You'd have probably called him an out of his depth PE teacher when he got the Bayern job.
Did say I'd be interested in their manager, just be interested in how the manager of the current CL winning team would set us up as oppose to someone who has won feck all of note. That's all.....

Siorac

The better question is if you could take one player from them who would it be? I think the correct answer isn't the obvious one: Kimmich would transform us in my opinion into a genuine beast of a first XI
I'd like two Kimmichs please, one to play right-back and one to play in midfield.

FattyFooty

Bayern actually play with 3 CAMs, the LAM and RAM are not really pure wingers. Depends on who play there, they may either play ala Countinho/Perisic (more central) or somewhat wingers but cut infield often ala Gnabry/Coman (more on the side/wing and near the touchline). Boateng and Alaba are definitely the first choice CBs. Sule isn't that good, so just maybe either one of Maguire or Lindelof. Yeah, laugh, go on.

Bayern emphasizes high-energy workrate both attacking and defending so Pogba, Rashford and Martial need to step-up their game if they want to be chosen. Teamwork and being physical are also important. Bruno will fit in well.

Our players?
Bruno -- CAM, LAM, RAM

Pogba -- LAM, RAM
Rashford -- LAM, RAM
Martial -- LAM

Matic -- CDM (seriously who's their new CDM if Thiago left?)

Fred -- CDM (back-up)

Maguire -- CB (back-up)
Lindelof -- CB (back-up)
Shaw - LCB, LB (back-up)
Fit Bailly -- CB, RB (back-up)
Great! Our attack is better than Bayern Munich!

cyril C

The better question is if you could take one player from them who would it be? I think the correct answer isn't the obvious one: Kimmich would transform us in my opinion into a genuine beast of a first XI
I won't take any of their CB because they are worse than ours (or too old / injury prone anyway). Gnarby would fit into our right wing requirement nicely. Lewindosky is on the wrong age group now although 6 years ago would be 101% perfect.

Kimmich is a versatile player but I think AWB has better quality hence better prospect than him.

Rumour said we are after Coman. Considering his injury record, 1 more to retirement, not sure this is a good idea, particularly if we have to pay a lot for him. So just Gnarby.

GlasgowCeltic

I won't take any of their CB because they are worse than ours (or too old / injury prone anyway). Gnarby would fit into our right wing requirement nicely. Lewindosky is on the wrong age group now although 6 years ago would be 101% perfect.

Kimmich is a versatile player but I think AWB has better quality hence better prospect than him.

Rumour said we are after Coman. Considering his injury record, 1 more to retirement, not sure this is a good idea, particularly if we have to pay a lot for him. So just Gnarby.
AWB will certainly improve but Kimmich is just much better at football

Craig Ward

Or Alaba.

As much as i rate Shaw, he doesnt even make Bayerns bench.

In fact, none of our players do really. Bayern are such a strong unit, a brilliant squad.

None of our players start for them

Paul_Scholes18

Good question. I would really like Davis. Although Lewandowski is hard to ignore if you don't count for age.

Grande

Or Alaba.

As much as i rate Shaw, he doesnt even make Bayerns bench.

In fact, none of our players do really. Bayern are such a strong unit, a brilliant squad.

None of our players start for them
I think if you asked this question a year ago, the answers would be very different (albeit different for us too). I’m pretty sure that after Bayern’s implosion under Kovacs and our promising preseason and league start vs Chelsea, many would pick either Maguire over Boateng, De Gea over Neuer, Wan Bissaka over Pavard at least, Shaw over Davies and the long injured Hernandez, Pogba over Thiago, Bruno over Müller or Rasford/Martial over Coman/Perisic at the time, for various reasons.

I seem to remember many describing Neuer, Boateng and Müller as washed up, Coman as ruined, Perisic as Do-not-want Kimmich as overrated even, and Pavard as I’d-rather-have-Wan-Bissaka. A year and a run of form changes a lot of perceptions in football, but the players and the squad is to a large extent the same.

It’s going to be interesting going back to this thread in a year from now.

Teja

Questions like this are always difficult to answer. I'm not sure a lot of Bayern's players are world class in a vacuum. Buying Kimmich or Gnabry or Davies wouldn't be a gamechanger for United. These players look great because they function well in a great team. It's the same with many of Liverpool's players.

United have plenty of players who would do well and look far better in a team of Bayern's quality.
This.

Rojofiam

Pogba would most definitely start and be a key player for them. Fernandes, Martial and Rashford would get a lot of minutes.

Sané and Gnabry are both incredible, but put Martial or Rashford into that team and they'd do just as well. Put Sané and Gnabry into United and we wouldn't suddenly be challenging for the title.

EDIT: I think TMDaines nailed it.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
This place is getting hilarious :D. Kimmich wouldn´t improve United ? . Kimmich < AWB ?

Age is also overrated btw. There are some players who declined fast by the age around 30 ( like Rooney, Schweinsteiger ) . Lewandowski is like Ronaldo, Ribery , Ibrahhimovic or Robben. Pretty sure he will still make 40 goals + each season in next 4 years. This guy is a machine and was never injurued for a long time.

Revan

Assumptionman
Martial IMo is better than what they have in the left wing, and Rashford (before injuries too).

Pogba is better than Goretzka but the midfield becomes less balanced, so I don’t think he gets in. Muller is way better than Bruno.

Maguire might be better than any of their CBs, but he would get murdered in a high line.

So only Martial and Pogba have a decent chance (far from guaranteed though) to start there. Maybe if we spend another 900m we can get another two players. While they build their entire team with 200-300m.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman

Shaw for Davies and Bruno for Muller would stand as high a chance as you for Neuer.

Grande

Shaw for Davies and Bruno for Muller would stand as high a chance as you for Neuer.
Have you seen me play?

Seriously, Müller to me is one of the ten best players to have played this last decades, and Davies is the one player I’d steal from Bayern if I could, he may be the next Cafu if he keeps improving.

On the other hand, Müller has been at a loss of form from 2016 to 2019, leading to his goal scoring drying up, being dropped from Germany permanently, and having been in and out of Bayern until the Hansi Flick run. He now plays differently, abit more erratic, but very intelligently, but for how long? Someone said of Müller that he is the worlds best Final Piece of a Perfect Puzzle, but not where you start to build a new team. Bayern has been a perfect team for 34 matches, we’ll see how the next 34 will fare. On current form, Müller starts for Bayern over anyone, looking a year back and forward, Bruno has a shout in my opinion.

Davies is the opposite, a huge promise, and at his best already one of the best full backs there is. There are inconsistences and weaknesses though, and against PSG they showed when he was drawn out of position, dallied on the ball quite a few times, and was outplayed or overplayed a few times. Shaw on good form (which is increasingly the normal Shaw) is more rounded and consistent to me as per now. He divides critics for sure, but in my view he is the reason why we can play Rashford and Pogba on the same side of the field. So if I were Bayern boss, I could be incluned to use him over Davies yet, for certain types of games.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
What's Kimmich best position, RB or CM?
hes is word class on both positions.
He started as RB at Bayern and was playing most of the season as CM.
I guess Flick wants him in long term as CM.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I sense a strange negativity towards Bruno recently. Why's that? Because he could barely move after being played every single minute which meant he didn't assist 4 goals a game? Don't like this as the caf has history turning on their own players for no reason.

Suedesi

The whole premise of the thread is silly.

You don't necessarily build a team by assembling the best 11 in existence, you build a team that buys into the system, where players complement each other etc.