Who potentially replaces Ronaldo?

Dazzmondo

Schick or Scamacca
Schick definitely deserves to be mentioned after the season he's just had. The only thing is I wouldn't have considered him a major option based on any of his previous seasons. Suppose it comes down to whether we trust he will maintain the standards of last season going forward or whether he would probably drop down to his still good but unspectacular levels (especially when considering there will undoubtedly be some drop off in numbers as has been shown pretty consistently with goalscorers coming from Bundesliga).

My vote goes to Shick. My vote also went to him last summer before we signed Ronaldo.
Interesting, what had Schick done to make you think he was the ideal choice last season? I understand it after his performances in the season just gone but he hadn't done anything too spectacular in the previous season (apart from his Euro performances i suppose).

Boh

Supports
Juventus
How much would Osimen cost actually? That's a genuine borderline world class option that might actually be interested in a move to Utd without CL.
They paid him £65m. Even though it was a dodgy deal with Lille, and he hasn't scored much because of a shoulder injury and a broken cheekbone, Napoli and their president will ask for more.

Swedish_Plumber

We have to get someone in if this happens though, surely?!
Every other CL challenging team has a striker capable of 20 goals in the league.

Without Ronaldo we’d have to combine 2-3 players just to get that the way it went last season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Get Felix. But I’m not sure if he’d even want to join us now anyway :(

Orange Tree

Get Jovic on loan before he signs for another club. Spend the money on another attacker, preferably Gnabry.

Next season, we can look at Nkunku.

Dazzmondo

They paid him £65m. Even though it was a dodgy deal with Lille, and he hasn't scored much because of a shoulder injury and a broken cheekbone, Napoli and their president will ask for more.
I've seen enough of his performances since the injury to feel very confident it won't hold him back. Besides just his goalscoring he's honestly looked class all-round and would be a great option for a lone striker imo. Suppose it just comes down to whether he'll cost less than £80m and if the Board will realise we can't skimp out in a situation like this.

Dazzmondo

There is absolutely no way the club weren’t aware he was off so let’s hope there’s a plan.
Ya, they knew for sure and honestly I am utterly astounded that they let the Nunez deal fall through knowing this. Incredible levels of incompetence and very clearly we were looking at Nunez to be our starting striker in every game.

Unam333

I think Depay could also be an option.
Sounds absolutely mental after his first stint with us (and I was one of his biggest critics), but that would be actually be a good option. He improved alot the last couple of years. Still very wasteful on the ball, but his goal record for the Dutch national team is outstanding.

The Neymar links make more sense now...
He would never come to us though. Neymar in the Europa League?

Judas

Open to offers
Why would he want to join us mate. I'm not even going to talk about the price tag.
Maybe he loves Oasis. Aren't Atletico in a bit of money trouble? Just take advantage. Honestly its not going to happen, but I can dream.

Our best hope is a relatively cheap punt on a mid level striker.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
All the possibilities I can think of.

Depay
Scamacca
Gnabry
Schick
Raspadori
Werner
Broja
Ekitike
Neymar
Dybala
Lautaro Martinez
Felix
David
Osimhen
Sterling
Antony
Danjuma
Abraham
Dembele (both)

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Ya, they knew for sure and honestly I am utterly astounded that they let the Nunez deal fall through knowing this. Incredible levels of incompetence and very clearly we were looking at Nunez to be our starting striker in every game.
Not spending 100m euros and twice the wages of Liverpool as Mendes demanded is not incredible incompetence - Mendes can go feck himself too. We need to stop letting people walk all over us.

Dazzmondo

Get Felix. But I’m not sure if he’d even want to join us now anyway :(
Similar to Lautaro Martinez I have my doubts about Felix working as a lone striker. Feels like someone who's reliant on having a strike partner alongside him. Talent-wise he's class for sure but not like he'd be cheap either. Too big a risk imo.

laughtersassassin

The real issue is now we've lost Ronaldo Greenwood And Cavani from the front.

Need two in to replace that and pretty much anyone we could get are worse.

Then we still have the other positions to sort. Seems impossible since our owners are shite

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sounds absolutely mental after his first stint with us (and I was one of his biggest critics), but that would be actually be a good option. He improved alot the last couple of years. Still very wasteful on the ball, but his goal record for the Dutch national team is outstanding.
Actually think it would be quite good business myself. Versatile and won't cost too much. Seem to have a decent relationship with Barca too.

Godfather

Maybe he loves Oasis. Aren't Atletico in a bit of money trouble? Just take advantage. Honestly its not going to happen, but I can dream.

Our best hope is a relatively cheap punt on a mid level striker.
I'd try Gnabry although he's not perfectly suited to the 9 role. Or Dybala. Or maybe Lautaro could be convinced? But from what I've heard he loves Inter.

Cheeky swap with Neymar and play Bruno false 9?