Who potentially replaces Ronaldo?

Suv666

Its too late to replace Ronaldo.
We could have hijacked the Lukaku deal...

dutchred

I hope we use Bruno as a false number 9. ETH best year at Ajax was when he used Tadic as a false 9. He and Donny interchanged the 9 and 10 positions regularly and scored a lot of goals. That would work if we used Sancho on the right and either Rashford or Martial on the left.

rio's upper lip

Bruno as a false 9, flanked by Sancho and Rashford. Eriksen, de Jong and one of McFred in midfield.

Blood Mage

I don't think we'll buy a replacement this summer. Think we could use Bruno or Sancho as a false 9 maybe.

Godfather

Bruno as a false 9, flanked by Sancho and Rashford. Eriksen, de Jong and one of McFred in midfield.
Sancho on the the left and new signing on the right and I'm up for it. No way Rashford should be a starter after that season. Plus I have doubts Bruno will shine in that position.

STYLOISRED

Ya, they knew for sure and honestly I am utterly astounded that they let the Nunez deal fall through knowing this. Incredible levels of incompetence and very clearly we were looking at Nunez to be our starting striker in every game.
Oh Sod off. We were never paying 80mil for Nunez. Competence had nothing to with it.

Dazzmondo

Sorry but there isn't enough goals in this team. Bruno as a false 9 could definitely work but we won't be able to replace the number of goals Ronaldo contributed last season. No Greenwood, no Cavani, and relying on Rashford and Martial to rediscover their goalscoring form. Let's be real, Greenwood's situation was a huge reason for our struggles last season and that will be the same this season (I never want to see him play for us again). We need a top goalscorer

cyberman

Is the correct answer. Spread the goals like City did with their false 9 but that all comes down to Ten Hags coaching.

saik

Alexander Isak, Maxi Gomez, Raspadori, Rafael Leao, Scamacca, Lorenzo Lucca, Benjamin Sesko, Vitinha. Just off my shortlist from FM22. :p

Charles Miller

People who watch the Bundesliga regurlarly have an opinion on the possibility of Nkuku playing as CF in the Premier League? I only watched highlights and opinion videos. Seems to be such an interesting player.

Avero

The only way we could let Ronaldo leave this summer is if we sold him to Bayern and Lewandowski comes here.

Dazzmondo

People who watch the Bundesliga regurlarly have an opinion on the possibility of Nkuku playing as CF in the Premier League? I only watched highlights and opinion videos. Seems to be such an interesting player.
He just signed a new contract. Would have been a brilliant signing

GlasgowCeltic

Is the correct answer. Spread the goals like City did with their false 9 but that all comes down to Ten Hags coaching.
you can’t have a false 9 that can’t operate in tight spaces, they need to sign someone

ZupZup

A controversial one but we could do worse than bring Zaha back who is about to enter the final year of his contract so should be available for not big money.

cyberman

you can’t have a false 9 that can’t operate in tight spaces, they need to sign someone
False 9 makes his own space, that’s the reason for a false 9. Drop deep to out number the midfield and create space for the wide forwards to manoeuvre into. If anything a traditional 10 has less space than a false 9.
It’s basically Bruno behind two forwards anyway if the wide two tuck in a bit.

Suv666

A controversial one but we could do worse than bring Zaha back who is about to enter the final year of his contract so should be available for not big money.
Only if Ten Haag doesn't have a daughter

Amadevs

Supports
United
Dybala and Neymar are not strikers. Even Lautaro isn't. And I don't fancy Schick.
I will fully go for Osimhen. I've underestimated him in the past, but seems a world class potential to me now. He reminds me of Eto'o, plus he can play as a 9, commited and always fightful. I really hope we can increase our budget and get him now when there are no better options.

Suv666

This false 9 crap would not work because Bruno is not a false 9 and doesn't have the attributes to be a false 9.
Either we'll get a striker or Rashford/Martial will play. Who knows maybe one of them kicks off, both of them did play decent during the Covid season.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
has Belotti fallen off in recent years I seem to remember he was one of the best strikers in serie A.

on a freebie he could be brought in as at worst a back up.

Dazzmondo

has Belotti fallen off in recent years I seem to remember he was one of the best strikers in serie A.

on a freebie he could be brought in as at worst a back up.
Replacing Ronaldo with Belotti would leave me properly depressed

Strelok

As long as he can run for 90' and do not fall off anytime the wind touches him.

Laurencio

Dybala? Neymar would probably be a boost for the stock price.

I wish he could have stated another season, we don't really have the funds to replace him...

Godfather

I can't wait till this name won't be mentioned during a transfer window again.

edcunited1878

Belotti is a free, while not the most clinical CF, he's a bulldog and is very direct. Wouldnt be a terrible bridge to a more formal player next season. Not a bad shout given the circumstances.

Jonathan David, Isak? The club looks ahead and prepares 6, 12, 18, 24 months ahead. Very interested to see who comes in this window and/or next summer.