Who was the pundit on MOTD2 last night with Ian Wright ?

Stig

Apologies for the new thread. I have re-watched it on the iPayer but can't tell what Chappers says.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's been doing the rounds recently of the different media outlets

Been making a favourable impression with most with his calm, informed analysis and dry sense of humour

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nedum has been the best pundit around for ages. He’s great on the Guardian Football podcast. Sharp, more honest that anyone in football, speaks as a fan and an ex pro. Doesn’t deal in catchphrases. Tells stories with no shame or cover up. Humble. Knows a helluva lot about many leagues, speaks up on social issues without getting on a soapbox. He’s the best by a distance.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Nedum has been the best pundit around for ages. He’s great on the Guardian Football podcast. Sharp, more honest that anyone in football, speaks as a fan and an ex pro. Doesn’t deal in catchphrases. Tells stories with no shame or cover up. Humble. Knows a helluva lot about many leagues, speaks up on social issues without getting on a soapbox. He’s the best by a distance.
Yep, this 100%

UnrelatedPsuedo

Yep, this 100%
The recent Guardian Pod where him and Wilson tried to ‘Solve’ African representation at the World Cup was brilliant. Just reasoned debate.

Always put faith in people that take an opposing side to encourage full in depth discussion. Run away from people that do that but preface it with “Just 2 play devils advocate here”. Like, we know how life and language works. Adults can understand statements of ownership and personal opinion by the language used. Unless you’re saying “I believe” or “in my opinion”, you’re just talking about something. We get it.

Bonus points to the ever classy Rushden too for asking how to pronounce his name so he did it right.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Also, fantastic bargain on FIFA 10. Absolute rock in central defence.

Stig

Thanks. I was trying to place him and and could only get a very faint northern accent.

Born in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria,[1] Onuoha was brought up in Manchester, England. He went to Nelson Street Primary School Miles Platting before becoming a pupil at the Hulme Grammar School, Oldham, where he achieved eight grade 'A's' and two 'B's' at GCSE. He then completed his studies at Xaverian College Manchester where he achieved three 'A' grades at A-level in Maths, Business Studies and IT.

Outside of football, Onuoha studied part-time to earn an accountancy degree at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Did you hear a Mancunian accent ? I certainly didn't.

Okey

This! One of the few pundits I actually love to listen to.

Stig

Football Weekly ?

Dante

Average bang
Thanks. I was trying to place him and and could only get a very faint northern accent.

Born in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria,[1] Onuoha was brought up in Manchester, England. He went to Nelson Street Primary School Miles Platting before becoming a pupil at the Hulme Grammar School, Oldham, where he achieved eight grade 'A's' and two 'B's' at GCSE. He then completed his studies at Xaverian College Manchester where he achieved three 'A' grades at A-level in Maths, Business Studies and IT.

Outside of football, Onuoha studied part-time to earn an accountancy degree at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Did you hear a Mancunian accent ? I certainly didn't.
He's as Manc as it gets.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's a top pundit. It's quite surreal watching him appear on ESPN because he's like a calm measured guy in a sea of over the top hysteria and hot takes galore.

Is there go-to place to find him, where he is every week, a podcast maybe?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's great, so much better than the other city twat, Micah 'laugh' Richards

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
So you're telling me there's a pundit out there who used to play for Man City and doesn't laugh his guts out?

In any case, I have been impressed by Nedum Onuoha when I have sern him on ESPN.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's a top pundit. It's quite surreal watching him appear on ESPN because he's like a calm measured guy in a sea of over the top hysteria and hot takes galore.

Is there go-to place to find him, where he is every week, a podcast maybe?
Kickback with Nedum Onuaha ran for 100 Episodes but has finished now. Still worth a listen.
He‘s a freelance at the moment so is popping up in different places.
Heard him on Radio Five Live’s Monday Night Club sometimes and on TV he’s fairly regular on ESPN shows which BT Sport carry.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kickback with Nedum Onuaha ran for 100 Episodes but has finished now. Still worth a listen.
He‘s a freelance at the moment so is popping up in different places.
Heard him on Radio Five Live’s Monday Night Club sometimes and on TV he’s fairly regular on ESPN shows which BT Sport carry.
Thanks mate. Will check it out.

I love how this thread where the OP doesn't even know who he is has more responses than my wonderful one from last summer :(
Ouch :lol:

Stig

He's as Manc as it gets.
By upbringing yet, hence the cut and past from his wiki page, but do you hear it in his accent ? I don't, it definitely isn't Paul Scholesesk.

Dante

Average bang
By upbringing yet, hence the cut and past from his wiki page, but do you hear it in his accent ? I don't, it definitely isn't Paul Scholesesk.
Scholes is from Oldham to the northeast of the city. It's a different world up there. More Lancastrian than anything.

Onuoha has an archetypal middle class Mancunian accent. He sounds like me - and I've lived my whole life no more than a couple of miles from the city centre.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Scholes is from Oldham to the northeast of the city. It's a different world up there. More Lancastrian than anything.

Onuoha has an archetypal middle class Mancunian accent. He sounds like me - and I've lived my whole life no more than a couple of miles from the city centre.
Posh twat

Conor

He sounds like an arsehole?

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
As a pundit, Nedum Onouha is articulate and knowledgeable, and doesn't try to be funny every thirty seconds. However, that's almost a disadvantage in the media

Stig

Posh. But genuinely thank you.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Terrible finished Messi : 8 goals 13 assists in 29 apps (21 G+A)

World class Sadio Mane : 19 goals 3 assists in 42 apps (22 G+A)

If he wasn't held to best player in the world standarts I wonder how Messi's season would actually be looked at
i completely agree with your placement of this.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
surprised such a good pundit went under rooney in paris’s radar.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Quoting myself. Can’t be faffed to make a specific thread, but Nedum is doing the Podcast rounds at the moment. Football Ramble and The Guardian have him. (He’s got a book out).

He’s the best pundit in football and he will be huge in the years to come. Everyone should check it out.

Everything I said above, is true. cnuts off Pearce and Maldini, but tempers both criticisms with respect and balance. How he talks about management is brilliant “Why would I do a job that takes up more of my time, is more stressful, and pays less, than being a player”. That further backed up by such concise and sensible justifications.

He’ll take Linekers job, if and when. Assuming he would want it. Feel that maybe he wouldn’t.