Who will break through to the seniors next season?

khoazany

M.Keane,one of Lingard/Lawrence/Powell,one of Varela/Vermijl and possibly Johnstone.More will break through in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
None in my opinion. I have a feeling if we strengthen well in the summer there won't be enough game time for the kids with the talent we already have. I think the only exception really will be Varela if there are injuries to Rafael and we don't buy any other CBs.

jb8521

I've never really understood the hype with Michael Keane myself. Hes a decent footballer but I dont think hes aggressive enough for a cente half and he regularly gets beaten in the air and overpowered by smaller players. He doesnt seem to have particularly good defensive intincts either and as an out and out defender Id have Tom Thorpe ahead of him. Obviously these are things that can be worked on but at the moment I dont really see it with him.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I really want Varela to be promoted next season. I would be happy even if he's promoted as a backup and to play cup games right now. From all the right backs I've seen in recent years in the U21, he strikes me as a top talent.

ZDwyr

Keane, Wilson. Maybe a bit early for Varela.

I don't think Lingard will be good enough for us in the long term, but I suppose he will get a chance at least.
I kind of agree here. I'm not sure he will ultimately be good enough, but he deserves a chance. He can't be much worse than Young/Valencia are at certain times. Even if it's just a few appearances, it'd be nice to see. Although I have only seen him in pre-season games so maybe his ability is nowhere near where I think it is.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It will depend on new comers.

If we buy one winger, and play either Mata or Rooney out wide, with Januzaj already here, and probably Valencia, I don't think keeping Lingard in the group will suit his development.

The same goes for Wilson. If neither Welbeck or Chicharito leaves, I can't see us keeping 4 strikers.

RedOldBoy

I'd like to see Powell getting a chance, along with Wilson and Michael Keane.

SirAF

Ageist

If we buy one winger, and play either Mata or Rooney out wide, with Januzaj already here, and probably Valencia, I don't think keeping Lingard in the group will suit his development.

The same goes for Wilson. If neither Welbeck or Chicharito leaves, I can't see us keeping 4 strikers.
Welbeck is not leaving, but I'd be happy to let Chicharito go (sadly) if that meant that Wilson would be given a proper chance.

Lu Tze

Chica should be let go to play first team football elsewhere, and Wilson should replace him. We should let Keane have one of the free CB slots. Varela too.

Revan

Assumptionman
Varela IMO is a no brainer and he has the highest chance of getting in the first team. Keane, Pearson, Powell, Lingaard, Zaha and Wilson may have a chance but it will depend in who we sign (and still early for Pearson/Wilson). For Pereira is easy, but I think that eventually he'll make it.

LS17

What about Henriquez? Is he good enough yet to be in the first team squad?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Looks like Powell will be going out on loan again next season, Wigan or Swansea:

Manchester United are willing to loan out Swansea target Nick Powell but are keen on the striker returning to Wigan. The talented 20-year-old attacking midfielder enjoyed a successful 12-month loan spell at the DW Stadium last term, scoring seven goals. Powell has impressed United with the speed of his progress and Wigan boss Uwe Rosler visited United's training ground last week to try and smooth the wheels further. It's understood new United boss Louis van Gaal has already been briefed on Powell and the rest of the squad at Old Trafford. United may consider sanctioning a loan until the turn of the year, with an option to then recall him. A number of clubs including Swansea and newly-promoted Leicester City have also stated an interest but United would prefer to keep him in the North West and closer to his family.
http://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/wigan-to-take-strike-target-1726157.html?

JunesBoy

Lingard has always impressed me, just don't know why he is not getting his chance at OT.. For years I have been expecting him to break through..
Hopefully LvG will notice some talent in him..

Ekeke

I expect he'd have been given his chance instead of Lawrence if he wasnt out on loan worrying about the playoffs

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Ben Pearson?

This guy seems to like him:

Ben Pearson
A tenacious central midfielder, Oldham-born Pearson has been at the club for ten years and represented England at various youth levels.

After recovering from a nasty bout of glandular fever, the 19-year-old came back to win the club's Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award a year ago and looks a good bet to take

A destroyer in the middle of the park who can also combine the dirty work with tidy passing, Pearson won the plaudits of his Under-18 boss Paul McGuinness

“Ben’s been outstanding,” he said. "He’s an outstanding passer of the ball, a combination player and a good playmaker and link player in midfield.

Destroyer: Ben Pearson disrupts play in the middle

"He’s also got the ability to snuff out danger and he’s very quick over 10-15 yards.”

If he can learn to curb his habit of jumping into tackle with a tad too much gusto and work on getting forward more often, Pearson could be the central midfielder that United have been crying out for in recent season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...united-youngsters-louis-3872858#ixzz37jG8PJhv

FromTheBench

Hopefully Powell gets a good Prem Loan. Was linked with Hull earlier and Leicester a bit.

He could have a real breakthrough year in the Prem at a good team, imo.

As for those at United, Michael Keane and Lingard now seem the most likely discounting Zaha to get into the first team squad. Though Wilson still has a pretty good shout to play a role this season assuming he was injured.

LoiusVanGaal

Michael Keane deserves a chance imo, Jeese Lingard as well, wouldn't mind seeing me of Wilson either.

NMF

All this talk of signing a CB I wouldn't be surprised to see if Van Gaal just promotes M. Keane well that's if he impresses during the tour. I was hoping Varela would taken on the tour really hope he gets a chance when Rafa is out don't think I can stand Smalling or Jones at RB anymore.

NickSantigo

It would be a big risk promoting Keane and not signing another CB. With Smalling and particularly Jones being made of glass he could find himself starting a lot of games. It all depends on how far the staff think he can go at united I suppose