Who will choke to let Liverpool back in the top 4?

lysglimt

Scout
if we beat Newcastle - I think 6 wins and a couple of draws from the last 13 will be enough - so we are in a very good position

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
As long as it's not us...

GMoore23

I'm just praying they don't end up out of the Europa league slots as don't want them getting a free run at the title next season.

AshRK

Thats a bold statement. Massively overrated Chelsea just 3 pts behind you

Tough fixtures to come for both sides. Apart from City, no one is looking sure
Comfortable is an overreach I admit but still think we will finish 2nd and that is not saying United are some dominant team but that teams below us are equally inconsistent.

When I say chelsea is overrated, I say it keeping in mind how you lot especially your attackers have been performing or not performing. I know anything can change in football and we may see werner ziyech suddenly becoming the players they were last season but so far nothing is suggesting they are something to worry about. Tuchel result wise has done decent since taking over but I still feel he would need more time to make this attack click and hence I feel United may finish above you lot.

SirMarcusRashford

Hoping for:
1. City (well, not "hoping" per se but it's inevitable)
2. United
3. Leicester
4. Everton
Why would anyone who's a fan of the Premier League want Everton representing English football in the Champions League?

They would be a waste of a spot for for the PL and just a reason for the PL haters to bump the 'Premier League is overrated' thread on here when they go out, similar story with Leicester, i want the strongest possible English clubs to represent the Premier League in the Champions League so any 4 of City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
What's the point of this league anymore. The winner is decided thanks to the ineptitude of the others like us and Pool etc. I hate it that 19 teams are just letting City walk away with the title. One gutless performance after the other against City. Watching Arsenal roll over now.

quirkey

What's the point of this league anymore. The winner is decided thanks to the ineptitude of the others like us and Pool etc. I hate it that 19 teams are just letting City walk away with the title. One gutless performance after the other against City. Watching Arsenal roll over now.
With you on this, like Everton giving everything against us and Pool then lubing up for City midweek. Arsenal looked bet from kick off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm just praying they don't end up out of the Europa league slots as don't want them getting a free run at the title next season.
They won't continue to lose so many games. No chance they drop below Europa!
We'll all be delighted with them coming 5th, as long as they go out of Europe and don't steal it ala 2005.

vanrooney

Why would anyone who's a fan of the Premier League want Everton representing English football in the Champions League?

They would be a waste of a spot for for the PL and just a reason for the PL haters to bump the 'Premier League is overrated' thread on here when they go out, similar story with Leicester, i want the strongest possible English clubs to represent the Premier League in the Champions League so any 4 of City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal.
cant care less what people talk about the pl. as it would benefit us when 4 of our closest rivals wont have cl football next year i hope pool chelsea arsenal and tottenham wont get top 4. should be a clear thing imo

Raredaredevil

It's quite irritating that Liverpool are dropping points all over the place and yet are still just 6 points behind us ffs.
We draw too many games and keep dropping points to relegation teams. That's why it is so important we beat Newcastle later as we increase the gap to 9 points.

Anyway I don't think Liverpool will drop out of top 4. They will eventually get their act together and finish 3rd or 4th. Things change too quickly in this league.

Crustanoid

There is a pattern. Try hard against teams with a legitimate football history, don’t bother against the plastic one

SirMarcusRashford

cant care less what people talk about the pl. as it would benefit us when 4 of our closest rivals wont have cl football next year i hope pool chelsea arsenal and tottenham wont get top 4. should be a clear thing imo
Much as 'some' people want English clubs to fail in Europe though, the PL need to have a strong showing in Europe every year for extra spots.

I'm not like that though, we might be rivals with some domestic clubs in the league but being English and a fan of the Premier League, the way i look at Europe is its us against them.

soulfox63

Leicester got The q/f in their only season in the champs league and the furthest out of the premier league teams that season, despite all and sundry saying they would embarrass the Premier League and harm the coefficient (well mainly Spurs fans ), ( and they beat Seville and knocked them out, yes I’m looking at you Liverpool.) The big 6 fans need a reality check sometimes. New teams in the Champions League keeps it interesting.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City

Leicester got to the quarter finals of the CL.

How did the other teams do that season again?

If another team other than the "usual 6" gets into the CL spot, it's because they deserve it.

For example, you really think this seasons Arsenal are going to shine a good light on the PL? :lol:

Dr. StrangeHate

I am a fan of United, don't care for the PL. With Liverpool and Chelsea not in CL, they will miss out on some of their targets, which is even better for us.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's not just about City walking the title, they deserve to if the other 19 are going to play silly buggers. The situation is made stranger that all traditional big clubs (Spurs, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) would rather City wins it than any of the other clubs mentioned. Almost like it's an acceptable anomaly that will self correct in a few years. Like Leicester winning the league once.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's quite irritating that Liverpool are dropping points all over the place and yet are still just 6 points behind us ffs.
yeah so either their meltdown hasn’t been as bad as people make out or our 2nd place (so far) season isnt really an achievement.

6 points is nothing Really.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Us.

Ole's at the wheel :(
The CAF summed up.

United in 2nd place (currently 3rd before tonights game)off the back of a great EL game.

Still in FA Cup too

On course to finish 2nd again and still people are hating on the manager :lol: :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
....& yet 10 points between us and City is a mile off

Guarantee if it were the other way round people would be saying 6 points is a mountain to climb so late in the season and we wouldn’t catch Liverpool....

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
....& yet 10 points between us and City is a mile off

Guarantee if it were the other way round people would be saying 6 points is a mountain to climb so late in the season and we wouldn’t catch Liverpool....
with the way city are playing it does seem a lot, it will be lucky if they drop any points from here to the end of the season. They’re strolling the league without getting into 5th gear.

it’s depressing that Liverpool have been on free fall for what seems like weeks yet we’re still only 6 points better off than them. It just shows you our season hasn’t really been all that Or anyone’s for that matter.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The CAF summed up.

United in 2nd place (currently 3rd before tonights game)off the back of a great EL game.

Still in FA Cup too

On course to finish 2nd again and still people are hating on the manager :lol: :lol:
I just want us to be managed by someone with patterns of play, from a sensible European country who has a beard. Is that too much to ask? :(

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
yeah so either their meltdown hasn’t been as bad as people make out or our 2nd place (so far) season isnt really an achievement.

Our meltdown is absolute. Worst home run ever, loss to Everton at home, 16 losses in a calendar year. You name it, we shit it. I looked at Arsenal losing only 1-0 to City tonight and wished we could play like Arsenal right now. That's really bad.

Your latter point applies I'm afraid.

vanrooney

Much as 'some' people want English clubs to fail in Europe though, the PL need to have a strong showing in Europe every year for extra spots.

I'm not like that though, we might be rivals with some domestic clubs in the league but being English and a fan of the Premier League, the way i look at Europe is its us against them.
if thats your view ok, for me it is only about united, a cl win of a pl rival is the worst case for me. to be fair though, i am not english.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
It's not just about City walking the title, they deserve to if the other 19 are going to play silly buggers. The situation is made stranger that all traditional big clubs (Spurs, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) would rather City wins it than any of the other clubs mentioned. Almost like it's an acceptable anomaly that will self correct in a few years. Like Leicester winning the league once.
City are the most professionally managed club in the PL. Ten games into the season they were a crisis club. And all including me we're loving it. And look at them now. Unfortunately not an anomaly any more and they are here to stay. It's up to us and the others to up the standards and give them a fight. Which this year no one has been able to do.

soapythecat

Us!
I called it a few weeks past and Ole ball has crept back into the side and we look lost again.
Ole’s reluctance to drop Martial or hook him will cost us points again.
Chelsea, West Ham, Leicester all playing better than us and getting points. Likewise Everton. No way we finish top 4 playing our mind numbing garbage.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Some absolutely awful posts in this thread from our fanbase

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Worth noting that after 25 games last season, Leicester had the same points total and a better GD than they do now, whilst United had one fewer point and a worse GD than Spurs do now - and Spurs even have a game in hand! Things can still change dramatically for the Champions League spots.

Flyer1

Supports
City
There is a pattern. Try hard against teams with a legitimate football history, don’t bother against the plastic one
That's funny! Tell me, what is history? Is it trophies won or is it relegations, rebuilds, stadium moves etc etc. You sound like a Liverpool fan, always fall back on trophies won as evidence of history. Football existed over a hundred years ago, plastic fan channels didn't.
Anyway, Liverpool won't be top 4, they have lost the aura which makes teams almost accept defeat, city have it now, utd had it in the recent past.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Just took a look at United's remaining fixture and we have a lot of tough fixtures left to play. After that I took a look at Leicester and Chelsea's remaining fixtures, and they both have a lot of tough fixtures still to play too, so I felt better. I don't think West Ham and Everton are realistic contenders. I think they fall away before too long, so as far as I'm concerned its 4 teams fighting for 3 spaces.

Leicester look a strong and resilient side at the moment and they will have learnt from last seasons collapse and I think they will make it. United also should have enough to finish above Liverpool. A 9 point gap with 39 left to play for is pretty sizeable, so I reckon its Chelsea and Liverpool that are most vulnerable.

Going to be a hell of a finish. The Chelsea game next week is huge. We must avoid defeat.

SirMarcusRashford

Leicester got to the quarter finals of the CL.

How did the other teams do that season again?

If another team other than the "usual 6" gets into the CL spot, it's because they deserve it.

For example, you really think this seasons Arsenal are going to shine a good light on the PL? :lol:
Tbf i do like Leicester, they've got some good players coming through (Justin/Maddison/Barnes), i just think Arsenal could represent the PL better in the Champions League, like Leicester got some good players coming through, but yeah on reflection part of me wouldn't mind seeing Leicester in the Champions League too much and see how Vardy does in stadiums like the San Siro/Bernabeu (even though i think he could start slowing down next season) and as you say got to the QF last time they was in the Champions League.

Would hate to see Everton in the Champions League though, get the feeling they would go out group stage and would be just a waste of a spot for the PL.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Pool are finishing ahead of Leicester and Chelsea.
Really helps we have our (only) goal machine back from a long injury. And the world's absolute best CM back from injury and into in his natural position. And one of the best RBs finally recovered from his long covid. These things matter. It's not all about VvD.