Who will our "star" signing be this year

studs

Good adaptive football thinking players would do us a world of good. Try something different like the unknown more than the usual go to big names in football.

L1nk

Coach - ETH
Player - Nunez, Tchouameni, Timber, or Torres. Think we'll buy at least 1 of those 4

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Dreams - Unexpected GK or just CB signing for cheap which quickly becomes inspiring leader and proper United player.

Reality - Declan feckin Rice, United won't be United without mental signing. (At this point I'll welcome any half decent DM anyway.)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We dont need star players, we need talented, young and hungry players who want to prove themselves

Strootman's Finger

Nkunku, imo he is our top priority, big signing. Then midfield, probably Phillips or Neves, then CB, Timber or Akanji, then another midfielder, Teliemens maybe.

Giggsy13

There won't be one big name star that will arrive, it will (and should) be a collection of very good players who can improve playing at United. I'd love to see a summer window like Nunez, Kamara, Antony, Timber and Phillips. A mix of youth and experience with Phillips.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
For the first time in a long long long time, I don't have a bloody clue who we're going to sign this summer, not a clue. It's equally exciting and terrifying.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck the so called “star signings” I’m sick of going down that road now, it’s hardly served us well the last 10 years.

I just want us to sign young, hungry players who Ten Hag feels would fit his system and are 100% committed to playing for Manchester United and aren’t after an easy payday.

DeGea’sFeet

Not about star signings.. really star signings are signings you make when you’re already winning titles. They take you one extra step ahead of the competition. Right now we need to build an 11 that in 2-4 years will challenge. Amongst those some will become star players.

90 + 5min

Were on course for a change on our transfer policy but we usually tended to make one start signing each season and i don't It will change much.( we've had di maria, sanchez, Sancho, pogba etc etc)
So who will it be and on another note who do you think ot will.
Could either of de jong or de ligt be possibilities due to the ten hag link? Will it be the free agents dybala? The fan base favorite rice?

Discuss!
We need to get away from this. This is what is wrong with the club. We buy stars that are actually average players that someone spotted on Football Manager 2022 and read their instagram post or twitter how they trained in Dubai or Spain. We don't need these kind of players. We need honest footballers that will give all for the club.

Gandalf

Clearly need a few players in so I think the real mega star signings won't happen which means no Rice or Kane and thank God for that and we also know that ETH and RR both prioritize young, malleable players with exceptional physical attributes. I would expect maybe 3 budget price signings with a lot of upside and if we stretch to one bigger signing in the 50M plus range it will be either Nunez or Tchoumani with my preference being the latter.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Please.
No more star players (Galacticos)!
I am sick and tired of Galactico class players arrive for big money and then lose to the likes of Watford. Even Norwich would've beaten us had the GOAT not put in a GOAT performance.

I want us to start buying players who not many have heard of and simply fit the system we intend to play. They'll be cheaper and will have a hunger to build a name for themselves. Their hunger will make them work harder.

Mercurial

A late last minute Pogba refresh and reported as a new signing in the very best Italian spin style.

Hope this doesn't happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is there anyone around here that actually watches the guy and has a valid opinion on him?
I know he's scoring some goals, but the few times I've watched him he didn't look really good, very very rough. He has a bit of Wan Bissaka about him and I'm really not comfortable with that.
Yeah, he scored 3 goals (2 close offsides) against the Liverpool defence we barely managed 2 shots again.

I'd say he's alright.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is there anyone around here that actually watches the guy and has a valid opinion on him?
I know he's scoring some goals, but the few times I've watched him he didn't look really good, very very rough. He has a bit of Wan Bissaka about him and I'm really not comfortable with that.
The main thing that puts me off him is that we know based on his underlying data that he has massively overperformed this season. The last stat I saw was that he had 24 goals from an expected 14. That rate of returns won't keep going.

So even if he's good, you're still paying an inflated price for him based off a high water mark season.

Added to that most of the posters here who actually watch him regularly either for club or country seem to be at least somewhat qualified in their praise of him. I'd be wary.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Biggest signing this season will be someone like King who runs around a bit in the games Ronaldo doesn't fancy playing in.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If I could I'd put a cap on what we could spend on any individual signing this summer.

Looking at Liverpool (who are the best recent example of the sort of rebuild we need) they rarely spent more than £50m on any individual player as part of that rebuild.
Alisson, Van Dijk, Keita, Diaz were all £50m and above. With Van Dijk and Alisson alone costing £147m. When Liverpool signed them two, that is when the performances on the pitch really started to pick up.

wolvored

We dont need big name expensive players, as we always buy shit. Get some good up and coming young hungry players in. Get the scouts/new scouts working.