Who will take the number 10 shirt when Zlatan leaves?

stevoc

Who cares no10 isn't really a significant number at United like it seems to be at other clubs.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Will probably be left blank for a year.
That's what I think will happen.
Just like the NO.7 shirt was left blank until we got a worthy Galactico class player.
If and when we do splurge a huge fee for a NO.10 player, he'll get the shirt, until then tough, it will be left vacant.

Sterling Archer

Who cares no10 isn't really a significant number at United like it seems to be at other clubs.
That's a bit silly to say. Dennis Law and Wayne Rooney have provided plenty of historic importance to the number. Not quite as much as 7 perhaps for some but that's something to be debated.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For all those who want Dybala (and Griezmann, before), IMO it would be pointless to sign such players. We need to improve our attacking system, in general, which IMO will yield far better results than simply padding the squad with Galacticos.

We already have Sanchez and he is finding it difficult to adjust to our system. Once we find a better system for our attackers, they will all improve considerably, without the need to bring in another Galactico.

stevoc

That's a bit silly to say. Dennis Law and Wayne Rooney have provided plenty of historic importance to the number. Not quite as much as 7 perhaps for some but that's something to be debated.
By that logic there is historic importance placed on almost every number from 1 to 20+ by the great players who wore those numbers. Generally every club has a special number for most clubs its 10, so my point stands at United 7 is seen as the special number not 10. So it doesnt really matter who wears 10.

Camilo

We have NO money for that kind of investment dude... just remember this is the same club who said no to Perisic last summer. we cant splash 100 mil pounds on a new shinny attacker while there are more urgencies needed to be address.
Nonsense! A small fortune will be spent this summer. The club has plenty of money.

Minimalist

I'd give it to Lingard if Mourinho genuinely wants him around long-term. Otherwise, I don't really see who fits that number.

Pogba's not a 10, so don't know why that's being suggested.

Sterling Archer

By that logic there is historic importance placed on almost every number from 1 to 20+ by the great players who wore those numbers. Generally every club has a special number for most clubs its 10, so my point stands at United 7 is seen as the special number not 10. So it doesnt really matter who wears 10.
Oh dear, was it really that hard to just come out and say something a bit more understanding of my point than sticking to your guns and burning down all sense of reason? For instance: ‘oh right I forgot about a couple of Club legends that wore the number ten. The number isn’t special for me as a fan as 7, but I can see how other fans or even players might.’ Actually, add the club itself to that list - I clearly recall a special promo ‘ceremony’ with Law himself handing the 10 jersey over to Wayne...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Bale. Actually sod it. Sign Bale and give him the 11 and make Martial have 10 just for a laugh.

stevoc

Oh dear, was it really that hard to just come out and say something a bit more understanding of my point than sticking to your guns and burning down all sense of reason? For instance: ‘oh right I forgot about a couple of Club legends that wore the number ten. The number isn’t special for me as a fan as 7, but I can see how other fans or even players might.’ Actually, add the club itself to that list - I clearly recall a special promo ‘ceremony’ with Law himself handing the 10 jersey over to Wayne...
Oh i do apologize sir if i had known you were the sensitive sort i would have of course taken the time to more delicately explain that i'm not going to change my opinion just because you happen to think it is silly.

The no10 or even the no7 aren't that important to me in the grand scheme of things. If others place special importance in them fair play to them. But that doesn't affect me expressing my own opinion, which is for United the no10 doesn't really hold any type of great importance.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Give it to Giggsy till the end of the season

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
Maybe we will use that legacy to lure talent in the club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Banega. What he's been up to? (other than knocked us out the CL)

Sterling Archer

Oh i do apologize sir if i had known you were the sensitive sort i would have of course taken the time to more delicately explain that i'm not going to change my opinion just because you happen to think it is silly.

The no10 or even the no7 aren't that important to me in the grand scheme of things. If others place special importance in them fair play to them. But that doesn't affect me expressing my own opinion, which is for United the no10 doesn't really hold any type of great importance.
I am quite sensitive. So thank you for rephrasing. FWIW as a fan I do lean towards feeling a number is just a number. But I can understand how if football is your profession there's more weight to the importance or privielage of wearing a particular number.

simplyared

Nobody ap. Leave it vacant until the big signing comes. Love to see it given to a little Argentinian playing his football ap for Juventus. Probably won't happen though.

SAFTHEGREAT

We're currently in a chance to sign the on-loan winger Douglas Costa at Juve. I wouldn't mind if he took 19 from Rashford and vice versa. Pogba can also own the number 10, he will play with more gusto. So do it pronto.

Devil may care

If it's just given to a player who is already here then I can only see it being Rashford or Lingard. Mourinho said no attacking buys this summer but Ibra leaving might give him an excuse or it's possible one of our current lot could be off, in that case maybe Dybala comes in and takes the #10, or possibly Isco is De Gea goes to Real Madrid.