g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who will win the World Cup?

Sylar

Hard to see an outsider out of the top 5 (germany, Spain, france, Argentina and Brazil)

Almost said 6 and remembered Italy lol.

Ill go Brazil though.

Red_Aaron

the Spain v Germany friendly recently was something else, that's the bench mark right there
Can't discount Brazil given the quality of their squad but I've not seen enough of them.
i'm leaning towards Spain

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Hard to call.

Think on paper Belgium, Spain, and Germany have the best squads.

Then Brazil.

Then maybe Argentina and Portugal, mainly cause of you-know-who.

I'll go Spain.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I'll go with Portugal because I get to keep the tagline if I'm right. Won't bother watching the games though.

CM

I quite fancy Spain. I think Brazil, Germany and France all have the capacity to go far but will fall away for one reason or another.

Brinky

Biggest doubt over France appears to always be the manager and appears to influence the belief France will crash out early and/or not favorites. If they had a top class manager, this would change.

Norris

Hoping Argentina wins.

But I think it will probably go to Germany Again!

Kemizee

the Spain v Germany friendly recently was something else, that's the bench mark right there
Can't discount Brazil given the quality of their squad but I've not seen enough of them.
i'm leaning towards Spain
I agree with your assessment as well.When I watched that game, I realised that it would be extremely difficult for another team to beat either of them to the World Cup this year.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Scotland, Wales or Ireland.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Argentina. Messi's been outshone recently on the big stages by Ronnie and I think he'll be getting his back this time.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I miss Fontaine now, can we get him back just for the WC forum?

diarm

Germany I reckon. Everyone will mention them but they are still flying under the radar a little with peoples real expectations being Brazil, Spain, France etc.

They just quietly go about their business and will rock up with a phenomenal squad, no real weaknesses and the biggest winning mentality in world football.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
They probably won't but I'll still say France