Who will win the World Cup?

RedDevil@84

I want Brazil to win. But I think Spain will win it.
I am rooting for Germany if Brazil go out. But somehow get a feeling that Spain will do it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Said Brazil in the other thread so I'll stick with them, Marcelo winner in the final for bonus points

Pavl3n

Yeah, top 5. Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, France.
I don't think the last two have what it takes to win it. Also fancy Belguim to go far. On paper they're probably in top 3.
England... they'd be happy with quarter finals and that's a long shot.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
France.

I'd love to say England, but this is the worst squad we have had in living memory. Saying that a lack of expectation may just do them the world of good.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't see past Germany, but at the same time I do think Spain...

If I'm two for two do I get a special tagline?
@Damien

Kirky1878

Having just seen the squad announced Spain look like a good shout. Would be fitting for Iniesta to lift the trophy again in what should be his last major tournament.

My other two picks would be Germany and Brazil.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Germany or Spain for me, Brazil have a chance to win it too but I cant see past those three teams. Argentina is mediocre, France too unexperienced.

Luke1995

Brazil is not on the level of Germany and we always lose against France.

Argentina is too Messi dependent and you can't count only on it to win a World Cup, can you ?

Spain crashed out in the group stages in 2014 and although they have got rid of past primes Casillas Xavi and Torres and added some new young talent to their squad, their world class player is De Gea and i'm not sure that'll be enough.
I mean, Isco Iniesta and David Silva can all make a difference here and there, but I do not trust them to deliver on a consistent basis.

Germany in theory should be able to win again, back to back, but if i'm not mistaken, only Brazil did it in 58 and 62, it doesn't happen too often.

France will suffer if they don't discover how to get the best out of Pogba. They certainly can't learn anything from Mourinho's approach.

So... i'll pick a surprise and say Sweden without Zlatan!

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
I think Germany will.

However, not just saying this because they’re Brazil but Brazil have looked spectacular under Tite. Think they’re undefeated with him so far and he’s definitely got a grip of how to manage those players. Wouldn’t be surprised if they win it either.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Brazil is not on the level of Germany and we always lose against France.

Argentina is too Messi dependent and you can't count only on it to win a World Cup, can you ?

Spain crashed out in the group stages in 2014 and although they have got rid of past primes Casillas Xavi and Torres and added some new young talent to their squad, their world class player is De Gea and i'm not sure that'll be enough.
I mean, Isco Iniesta and David Silva
can all make a difference here and there, but I do not trust them to deliver on a consistent basis.

Germany in theory should be able to win again, back to back, but if i'm not mistaken, only Brazil did it in 58 and 62, it doesn't happen too often.

France will suffer if they don't discover how to get the best out of Pogba. They certainly can't learn anything from Mourinho's approach.

So... i'll pick a surprise and say Sweden without Zlatan!
Those 3 you picked are arguable world class (Isco debatable), and you could also throw Sergio Ramos in there. They have a fantastic team, and are extremely cohesive. I think it'll be them or Germany, leaning towards Spain.

Mohamed Salah

Supports
Merseyside Red FC
Egypt. And you can quote my name with regards to that.

Ralaks

Lord Bendtner will rise to the occasion and bring it home to Denmark

If that somehow doesn't happen I think it'll be Germany. I'd love DDG to win it though and finally be recognized as the best goalkeeper in the world

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Me thinks France. They have quality all over the shop and most importantly Griezmann who is perfect for these type of games.

Luke1995

Those 3 you picked are arguable world class (Isco debatable), and you could also throw Sergio Ramos in there. They have a fantastic team, and are extremely cohesive. I think it'll be them or Germany, leaning towards Spain.
Fair points. Ramos is too unpredictable IMO, he can have a great game or get sent off.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
France will run away with it

Canagel

I don't think Germany will win. Wasn't impressed with them in recent friendly matches but they do save themselves for the big tournaments. It's between Brazil and Spain imo. With France closely behind.

Last edited:

Rasfene

France if they bring back Lacazette.

They already have King Pogba, Kante and griezmann.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
their world class player is De Gea and i'm not sure that'll be enough.
I mean, Isco Iniesta and David Silva can all make a difference here and there, but I do not trust them to deliver on a consistent basis.
:lol: wtf did I just read? Biased much?

Iniesta actually scored the winner in the 2010 world cup final along with some other pretty important goals. Also Isco, Ramos, Carvajal, Silva, etc.. not consistent or world class? Hmmm

Prodigy24

s...s... Sweden...

No, but I think that either Argentina or France could win. Belgium were my favourites but their idiot of a manager decided to snub Nainggolan, so now I kind of hope that it backfires on Martinez somehow.

Luke1995

:lol: wtf did I just read? Biased much?

Iniesta actually scored the winner in the 2010 world cup final along with some other pretty important goals. Also Isco, Ramos, Carvajal, Silva, etc.. not consistent or world class? Hmmm
The 2010 one was 8 years ago. Iniesta is not in his physical prime anymore. I don't think Carvajal and Silva are world class although Silva is very good on his day.

Isco can be but isn't there yet. Ramos is one of the best, i'll give you that. Not biased, I actually got a Spain kit but I think this generation is not at the level of the golden one.