Who you rate the highest Pep, Klopp or Tuchel?

Ibi Dreams

Pep has been playing on easy mode most of his career. Klopp has achieved great things with clubs that are not really expected to win. They're both great, but for me what Klopp has done is more impressive

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
1. Pep - too many trophies to argue regardless of money spent
2. Klopp
3. Tuchel

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
For me tuchel then klopp then pep. Yes I am biased but I have my own reason to think this way. May be at the end of this season people s perception may change.

His handling of kante was superb. He got results without kante initially.His handling of seniors were top notch. Made them feel part of the squad. Youngsters like mount Reece cho and Christensen except abraham played vital part in cl run in.

Werner and havertz didn't set world on fire yet made them vital part in cl winning run. He took the team with goals coming from nowhere to cl winners.

All he did with 18 months contract at start of his tenure. If he failed he will be sacked yet rallying the team to achieve thing for first time in their life time.

Most still didn't rate chelsea squad with any other top 4 team despite won cl says it all.

Klopp and pep did all with moulding the team in their own imagination, taking their time to achieve things with the squad.

Now tuchel has chance to prove he can win the league. If he win it then people will rate him lot more higher than now.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Peo at the top for the sheer number of trophies he has won. He has transformed the game. And you have to listen to the players who have played under him, to understand his methods.

Klopp second. Could have won more trophies with better results in some of the finals. Has also changed his style with time. Is less rigid than Pep. His record in transforming average players into wonderful players is brilliant.

Tuchel has the potential to win more. Defensively more organised than Klopp and Pep. But a little early to be compared with Pep and Klopp.

Revan

Assumptionman
Pep
Klopp
Tuchel

Pep is the most influential manager since at least Michel, and with a great shot at being remembered as the greatest ever.
Klopp is the second/third best manager in the world, but much more exciting than Simeone.

Tuchel is great but usually he has difficulties with all the clubs he works. Need to do a bit longer at Chelsea to be regarded as a top manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Overall, it’s probably Pep. I think he’s the man you want at the very very top level. But I think I personally prefer Klopp.

Tommy Too Cool is a very good coach, but I think he’s probably just a bracket below right now.

Polar

1. Klopp: Proved he can rebuild and create champions.
2. Pep: Proved he can take over champions and continue progress.

Not sure Tuchel belongs to top 3. He has to prove himself this season. If United performs better than Chelsea this season, I will argue Ole beats Tuchel in this competition.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That's right I was referring to what I'm seeing at Chelsea and not the other clubs. He's good but he's no Pep or Klopp. Pep especially has revolutionized the game at Barca. Not so much at City but he's a brilliant tactician overall.
I guess it really depends on your ressources who is the best option

Do you have unlimited money? Go for Pep, he will build a dominant force to steamroll the league and might one day again win the CL if he is lucky.

Do you have limited money? Go for Klopp, he will build a strong side out of average players and if he has time to evolve the squad can also bring you titles.

Do you already have a squad of great players or at least great talents? Go for Tuchel, he will find a system for them that works and therefore is most likely to deliver success immediately. But there are doubts about his ability to build a squad and therefore about his longevity.

I'd like to mention Solskjaer as a great squad builder, I think he as DoF combined with Tuchel as coach could be unstoppable.

largelyworried

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel

Pep is the most purely visionary of managers. I think his Barcelona team will be seen as the moment when new era of football tactics arrived. However there are two black marks against him. Firstly is that he's only ever been given the highest quality ingredients. Barca had three of the greatest players of our era(Iniesta, Xavi, Messi) along with a bunch of others who are in the conversation for best in their position (Alves, Busquets, Villa). Bayern had just won the treble and at City he's spent historic amounts. It’s easy to be a visionary when everything you need is handed to you on a plate. Secondly he lacks a connection with his clubs, post Barca. He’s respected, not loved. A connection with the club is an important part of being a manager for me. Football is more than just what happens on the pitch.

Klopp on the other hand is almost as important from a historical perspective, being a key pioneer in the pressing style that is so prominent these days. But he also does the traditional club management stuff much better. He buys cheap and improves players, he develops kids, he understands that a club is more than just the players on the pitch. His connection with the fans is exceptional. He's spent a fair amount too of course, Liverpool have hardly been built on shoe string. But he's not been anywhere as profligate as Pep has been.

Tuchel is a very good, modern manager. But I don't see that he's a visionary figure, he has a more pragmatic streak. He's superb at understanding tactics and, importantly, seems able to get his ideas across to his players very quickly. But I don't think he's the kind of manager who will change how others see the game.

Gonçalo Motta

Gotta say Klopp = Pep > Tuchel.

I actually rate Pep really high but the only CL titles he has was on the back of a team that is considered to be one of the best teams ever. Of course, he is a big part of why they won it in the first place, but still, I find it more impressive what Klopp did overall.

It's a coin toss between Klopp and Pep though, both offer different things but are world-class in what they do

Skills

Snitch
Pep

Klopp

Tuchel

Tuchels a great coach, but I reckon there's a few around the same level as him. Conte, Simeone, maybe Allegri and potentially the other Germans (Rose, Nagelsmann and Flick). The first two are in a league of their own, but I reckon the rest can do a great job at the right place and right time.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pep

Klopp

Tuchel

Tuchels a great coach, but I reckon there's a few around the same level as him. Conte, Simeone, maybe Allegri and potentially the other 3 Germans (Rose, Hassenhuttl and Flick). The first two are in a league of their own, but I reckon the rest can do a great job at the right place and right time.
This would be my take too.

The next tier down would include Conte, Tuchel, Flick, Simeone etc. Then maybe Rose, Nagelsmann etc in the tier just below that.

Yakuza_devils

Klopp is closest to SAF who can build a team, develop youngsters, improved players, astute signings, sensible spendings, great man manager and motivator, eyes for talents, great tactician and attacking styles of play.

We struck gold with SAF but missed out big time on Klopp (bloody Ed)

For Pep, he is more suitable for club with major spending power. Pep is very good in building great team but need lots of money. He is right up there with Klopp as the best managers of this generation.

Tuchel is a tier well below.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Either pep or Klopp. I don’t like to dismiss Tuchels recent cl win but I think they get too much love for winning half a dozen games (2 of which were against Porto)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Either pep or Klopp. I don’t like to dismiss Tuchels recent cl win but I think they get too much love for winning half a dozen games (2 of which were against Porto)
We lost one of the Porto games :lol:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Klopp by far. What he achieves actually reminds me of what Ferguson did. Cant say that about Pep who has always had the most resources.

MayfieldsFinest

Pep inherited what was perhaps the greatest team of youth system players at Barcelona. He then went to what is ostensibly a one team league (where he could pick from his closest rivals best players) and then to an organisation that outspend football clubs to sports wash their owners grubby family. For me, Pep isn't even in the conversation.

Klopp is clearly the better manager and only second to SAF in the last 3 decades, the job he's done for the dippers is incredible.

Reactions: Sultan

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Currently - Pep, Klopp, Tuchel

If hiring and wanting a manager for the next five years - Pep/Tuchel, Klopp.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
When you talk about Tuchel, don't forget that he reached two consecutive CL finals, and is the first manager to do so with different clubs.

But I do agree he has to prove that he can win the league against Klopp and Pep to overtake their status as currently best manager. Reaching their overall status and legacy is then far more difficult.

Oranges038

Pep
Klopp

Tuchel is not even close.

If Klopp were to go to La liga and take over another sleeping giant and achieve what he has done with Liverpool and Dortmund. Then i would put him above Pep.

Go on Jurgen, Valencia is waiting to be resurrected.

Siorac

Klopp
Pep
Tuchel

Not much between the first two overall, they just have different strengths. Tuchel still has a lot to prove to show he's on their level.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Tuchel stil has to do it for longer before he joins that group, though i think he is well on track.

Pep has been the best manager over his career, but if i had to pick one today, i'd go with klopp. I prefer his brand of football, and he can definitely do more with less.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Klopp
Tuchel
Pep

Pep has spent more than the other two and still hasn't delivered the big one. I reckon City will scrap their Barça copycat effort after Pep and go with a German manager and identity.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
For everything they've achieved over their careers:

1) Pep
2) Klopp
3) Tuchel

If I had to take them as the managers they are right now:

1) Tuchel
2) Klopp
3) Pep

The Hilton

Klopp, for me, is comfortably ahead of the other two at the moment. He's won titles with underdogs with both Dortmund and Liverpool, and the CL too. It pains me to say it, given how he's at Liverpool and how annoying he can be, but his achievements stand apart given the comparatively limited budgets with which they were achieved.

Pep is excellent at taking the best team around, and ensuring they stay the best team (partly by spending more money than any other manager in the history of football). He's a brilliant coach, but give him Dortmund or Liverpool and he'd get nowhere near Klopp's heights with them.

Tuchel has been brilliant during his short Chelsea tenure so far, but his PSG team (built with a bottomless pit of money) didn't make much of an impact in Europe, and he left them in 2nd in their 1 horse race league. Having said that, if he wins a couple of titles with Chelsea and backs up another CL (a huge if, I know) then he'll have a decent argument for the top slot.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Klopp has had a harder job and won everything

Tuchel just came in and made a billion pound team more defensively solid with a back 5 and signed a 120 forward. I think most top managers could do it to be honest. I don’t see the genius there that others do. It’s strict and pragmatic and efficient. Nothing more.

Pep - money manager, very very nice football but over complicates things and often has too many choices and too much comfort, CL serial bottler since Barca. Seems neurotic to a fault.

I’d take Klopp all day every day. He also seems to be inspiring, charismatic and into the community feel. Should have been our post Fergie manager and it should have been sorted before Fergie stepped down. We 100% missed a trick there. Klopp was this gererations Fergie.

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

Depends really.
As a llama headed bullshit muncher, it's klopp.
As a shiny headed drug addled smarmbag. Pep, easy.
As the creepy dude who would definitely say something inappropriate to your wife at the office party. Tuchel.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Klopp has never really had an unlimited budget nor coached a team that was miles ahead of the rest.

The only questions over Klopp is can he maintain success like Fergie did? So far it seems he can't.

The other would be, can he manage big personalities? While Salah is an elite player he doesn't seem to have the personality of one like a Messi or Neymar.

tomaldinho1

Pep inherited what was perhaps the greatest team of youth system players at Barcelona. He then went to what is ostensibly a one team league (where he could pick from his closest rivals best players) and then to an organisation that outspend football clubs to sports wash their owners grubby family. For me, Pep isn't even in the conversation.

Klopp is clearly the better manager and only second to SAF in the last 3 decades, the job he's done for the dippers is incredible.
This is how I see it as well.

Pep is clearly a very good manager but he has a really poor record in knock out football if you assess it without any bias at City outside of the Coca Cola cup:
CL: Chelsea, Monaco, Lyon, Spurs, Pool
FA Cup: Chelsea, Arsenal x2, Wigan

Worth noting the single FA cup win he has consisted of this unbelievably fortunate run (4th round to Final): Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton, Watford.

His greatest ever team remains, by some distance, his first and he’s thrown so much money at City now it’s a meme. 3/5 PL, 1/5 FA 0/5 CL is that a great record for his managerial seat? Particularly when you factor in the traditional CL giants are dead (it’s basically Bayern who are still elite and arguably PSG) & he’s only ever really had Klopp (working on vastly smaller budget and leaner squad) as a challenger. Tuchel at Chelsea might be the first time he’s actually got an adversary on equal footing since Real beat his Barca team to the title and he quit.

I rate how he wants to play the game but feel he now has a track record of overthinking/trying to be too clever in big games and hasn’t dominated to the level I would have expected him to.

As much as I hate the scousers, what Klopp has done is by far the best as an all round manager. Won both major trophies, attacking football, developed more players, smaller squad, far less money, arguably just as influential stylistically.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
What has Tuchel achieved to be considered along with Klopp and Pep ?not yet.

Pep
Klopp.
If you are serious and want to know, this video not only highlights his achievements, but also his short comings. It is pretty well done and not a puff piece.