Who you rate the highest Pep, Klopp or Tuchel?

hobbers

Achievements wise it's obvious but in terms of their actual tactical breadth presumably Tuchel.

Pep only has one way of playing. And it only works when he has the best players in every position. I don't think there's much pragmatism or flexibility at all there.

Klopp is somewhere in the middle, less rigid than Pep and not as pragmatic as Tuchel, so he's probably the best.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Pep is probably the greatest manager of all time, given his impact on football.
Nah he's had it too easy. He needs to take on a real challenge.

He overthinks knockout games too much. He should've won another CL by now with the squads he's managed over the years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pep, Klopp, Tuchel is the obvious order generally. But that doesn't mean you'd pick them in that order for every team or every club.

There's also a bit of a gap between Tuchel and the other two in terms of status. He's done an excellent job at Chelsea, quickly improving them both defensively and offensively (at least in terms of creating chances), winning a CL and positioning them as favourites for the league. But that's still only 9 or so months of his career. Before then his CV wasn't particularly outstanding. And Frank Lampard perhaps wasn't the most difficult manager to improve upon.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Klopp. Not sure if it was ever a possibility, but I wish he’d replaced Fergie in 2013.

Revan

Assumptionman
Klopp. Not sure if it was ever a possibility, but I wish he’d replaced Fergie in 2013.
Apparently not in 2013 or 2014, but we could have gotten him in 2015 if we didn’t stick with LVG. But, LVG had just won the fourth place trophy and United does not like to fire managers until a year too late.

I actually would put Zidane and Simeone ahead of Tuchel. Fifth place can go to him, Conte or possibly Allegri.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Personally, Klopp. As much as it hurts that he's doing at Liverpool, what he achieved at Dortmund and Pool is incredible. Definitely the most 'Fergie-ish' of the three.

Pep's always had the best squad in the league, sometimes by a huge margin. And he's always spent the most. Often by a huge margin.
And Tuchel's obviously done well but it's still early days imo.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
If you want to talk about right I would put Tuchel at the top with then Pep followed by Klopp. Tuchel would be top given his success in the Champions League with a weaker squad than his opponents, followed by his good start to the season. Pep would be above Klopp given that he won the Prem last season and, like Klopp, had injury problems which he overcame by having his players play above their previous levels (Gundogan being top scorer). Not winning the UCL is a major blot in Pep right now though.

Overall though, Tuchel doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Klopp and Pep given their successes throughout their careers, long way to go for Tuchel to match the achievements of those two managers. Of course, Tuchel has won league titles with PSG but those titles cannot be compared to the domestic titles won by Klopp and Pep in the La Liga, EPL and BL.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Of course, Tuchel has won league titles with PSG but those titles cannot be compared to the domestic titles won by Klopp and Pep in the La Liga, EPL and BL.
When you take Tuchels PSG titles out of the comparison, you should do the same with Pep's BL titles, as Bayern's dominance over the league is similar to PSG's. If you think it was a tough fight for Pep to win the BL, then this only because Tuchel challenged him with a financially far inferior Dortmund

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When you take Tuchels PSG titles out of the comparison, you should do the same with Pep's BL titles, as Bayern's dominance over the league is similar to PSG's. If you think it was a tough fight for Pep to win the BL, then this only because Tuchel challenged him with a financially far inferior Dortmund
Pep would still have the PL/La Liga trophies but it's silly to discount any trophy

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Ha!

Which one of you was at the Tuchel Press conference today and asked this question? At the 8:30 mark he gives his answer.

el3mel

Klopp. He is the main reason Liverpool is back at being a top club. He single handedly transformed them.

Mike Smalling

What Klopp has done at Liverpool is much more impressive than what Pep has done at City, that’s for sure.

Still need to see more of Tuchel, but he is clearly a great coach. He hasn’t had to build or rebuild a squad yet, like Klopp has, but he could well be at his level.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What Klopp has done at Liverpool is much more impressive than what Pep has done at City, that’s for sure.

Still need to see more of Tuchel, but he is clearly a great coach. He hasn’t had to build or rebuild a squad yet, like Klopp has, but he could well be at his level.
Can't wait for the thread asking who's better Pep, Klopp, Tuchel or Hjulmand, after Hjulmand turns Arsenal into title challengers within 3 years :D

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pep for me. The impact he's had on football in the last decade - even though he may have inherited a class team at Bayern, Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets at Barcelona and infinite cash reserve at City -is unparalleled.

However, should Tuchel and especially Klopp manage to replace their sides that got them trophies successfully, it'd get really very close

adexkola

Supports
Our 3 rivals this season if we are too put together a challenge and all our rivals managers are rated as some of the best but who do you think is the best of the 3 ?
There is no wrong answer between Guardiola and Klopp. I think the 2018-19 PL campaign was a testament to the brilliance of both managers.

Tuchel still has some ways to go. His performance over a pressure filled, grueling league campaign will show what he is made of.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Klopp essentially he's more likely to make squads perform above expectations.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sure, take Pep's BL titles away, but you still have include his titles at Barca and he would still be well above Tuchel.

adexkola

Supports
Sure, take Pep's BL titles away, but you still have include his titles at Barca and he would still be well above Tuchel.
Yeah but Rijkaard gave him an excellent squad that had won the last 5 league titles prior to his arrival. Big Sam is still punching air, he could have probably done a better job than Pep

Can't wait for the thread asking who's better Pep, Klopp, Tuchel or Hjulmand, after Hjulmand turns Arsenal into title challengers within 3 years :D
How does Hjulmand jump over Ole? I had to Google him

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tuchel is catching them both but Klopp and Pep are still ahead.

I rate Klopp higher than Pep tbh. I prefer a manager that drags a side from averageness into the best.

Id rate Conte and Simeone in the level below along with Tuchel.

Zidane in the level just below that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How does Hjulmand jump over Ole? I had to Google him
Because as @Mike Smalling very humbly put it, Hjulmand will have won the world cup, and also in this timeline United will sack Ole and hire Conte who turns United into title winners before falling out with Pogba and Quagliarella the following season.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Tuchel is flavour of the month right now, to the point where I'm actually getting bored of hearing about him, but he needs to sustain it over a much longer timeline to warrant this much praise IMO. He is a well known abrasive character and right now his players are buying into him and his ideas but that may change over time, or it may not. We will see.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I would be very shocked to see the Glazers hire Conte. They stay away from outspoken coaches with Tampa, often taking less qualified but less drama coaches.

GMoore23

Klopp easily for me.

We all saw Peps first season at City. Still a damn good team but hadn't 2 top class players in almost every position and he really struggled. He can only manage an absolute elite side whereas Klopp could manage anyone.

mu4c_20le

Tuchel has done well for obvious reasons but I just don't see him coming close to what Klopp achieved in the last decade.

adexkola

Supports
Klopp easily for me.

We all saw Peps first season at City. Still a damn good team but hadn't 2 top class players in almost every position and he really struggled. He can only manage an absolute elite side whereas Klopp could manage anyone.
Did you see Klopp's first season at Liverpool? Wasn't necessarily a glowing success.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Klopp 100%.

Phenomenal what he's achieved with Liverpool, nowhere near the budget the likes of pep or tuchel (or Ole) have. The football Liverpool play is really fun to watch and he's been so shrewd in the transfer market, I mean just how much did the likes of Salah, mane, Gini etc cost? When he's had to spend big, again he's got the right players (alisson, vvd).

God that was painful to write!

GMoore23

Did you see Klopp's first season at Liverpool? Wasn't necessarily a glowing success.
There's a huge difference in quality from the squad Klopp inherited compared to the one Guardiola did though.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Barcelona also had a big part in this. Without them hitting the crack pipe and giving the Dippers €160m they wouldn't have got VVD and Alisson. Without those two I doubt they would've won the CL or PL.

Bearded One

It was, but both sides needed improvements (Liverpool more than City) to become great squads.
It’s not just Klopp’s first year in charge. It took him about 3 years before he moulded Liverpool to the prestigious club that it is today.

Different managers have their different comfort zones. Genuine question: was Mourinho a better manager with lowly Porto than with talent studded R. Madrid?

A bit of a digression I know but it highlights my point that a manager would generally do well with players that are suited to their own style or philosophy or “comfort zone” than a set of star players or big names.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I didn't know Arians fell under the "less drama" category
I live a few hours from Tampa, Bruce has been rather quiet. The media made a lot of hubbub about a statemen he made early last season saying that Brady played poorly and looked much like he does in practice. Bilichick has also said that Brady is not great in practice. It does seem that Brady needs a kick in the pants at times to challenge him. I think Bruce was a pretty quiet coach at Arizona, but I honest do not keep up with teams outside of the NFC South.