Who you rate the highest Pep, Klopp or Tuchel?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s actually a very difficult question. There’s no doubt that Pep knows his stuff, but he’s been given world class squads and an abundance of money everywhere he goes. He’s never had to fully transform a squad with less resources than competition. He’s also had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Klopp completed changed Liverpool from a second rate team to challengers in the league and in Europe. He has a style and is somehow able to make average players stand out in his system. For me, he’s above Pep.

It’s way too early to be comparing Tuchel to the two above. However what he done with the squad Lampard was completely struggling with was, created a system and the players have bought into it. He’s clearly a very good manager and could be in the same league as the two above if achievements are sustained over a longer period.

Darlington Padgett

Heynekes didn't even win the CL when he returned after Pep.
You're just going to ignore Heynckes completely dominated the champions league with the same squad the year before Pep got there? Pep took the team that destroyed Barcelona 7-0 and did nothing in the champions league with it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Did you see the Liverpool squad Klopp inherited? He then won a CL and PL. It's Klopp over Pep for me. Tuchel 3rd so far but he's been doing well with Chelsea.

youmeletsfly

All of them are good coaches but I don't like their style. They're too linear, when shit hits the fan they have 0 plan B. But, at the moment, they're the best 3 in the world, a few levels above the rest.

Josep Dowling

The fact Liverpool haven’t signed anyone of note this season and will still be challenging just shows how good Klopp is.

Us on the other hands need to sign X,Y,Z every summer yet we are always a work in progress squad. Continually spending close to £100m on players each summer yet our progress is so slow. Dread to think where Liverpool would be if Klopp had the same spending resources as United, City and Chelsea.

Jibbs

Finally, a thread with actual good discussion in the football forum and you had to be a cnut and bring in Ole bashing. And yeah, sorry Ole pissed in your cereal.
It was a reminder to fanboys that their PE teacher doesn't belong in any proper football discussion.

Dr. StrangeHate

Pep schooled Tuchel today. City should have at least scored 3. Thank the heavens City didn't get Kane.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pep. Easily. The way he consistently gets his teams to not only win, but play beautiful football in doing so is incredible.

You can stick the money spent argument, too. We're seeing first hand that spending loads doesn't mean you'll automatically win and play good stuff. Pep just makes it look easy.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Pep really smashed Chelsea to back to earth. We didn't able to string a two passes together. This round pep wins. Utterly dominated Chelsea if not for mendy we could have lost 4 goal margin.

Walters_19_MuFc

Pep really smashed Chelsea to back to earth. We didn't able to string a two passes together. This round pep wins. Utterly dominated Chelsea if not for mendy we could have lost 4 goal margin.
Prior to that, he lost every game against Chelsea under Tuchel.

Pep's Suit

Just hope Ole In guys have enough dignity to not call any of these three overrated.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Did you see the Liverpool squad Klopp inherited? He then won a CL and PL. It's Klopp over Pep for me. Tuchel 3rd so far but he's been doing well with Chelsea.
Klopp didn't win anything with Liverpool before his 4th season after buying the most expensive defender that every one wanted, as well as the most expensive GK and Fabinho. The only player left from the team he inherited was Henderson.
It also took him 3 seasons to win with Dortmund if i'm not mistaken.
My point basically is that if you're patient enough to wait for the coach to take few seasons to impose his style and win, then Klopp is your guy, otherwise you go with Pep IMO.

Klopp also seems to prefer projects like that where he has time to develop the project.

Pep is just about the most overrated person in the history of football.
Makes one wonder why all the great players he's coached rate him extremely highly right? But i'm sure armchair experts know better though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Klopp didn't win anything with Liverpool before his 4th season after buying the most expensive defender that every one wanted, as well as the most expensive GK and Fabinho. The only player left from the team he inherited was Henderson.
My point basically is that if you're patient enough to wait for the coach to take few seasons to impose his style and win, then Klopp is your guy, otherwise you go with Pep IMO.

Klopp also seems to prefer projects like that where he has time to develop the project.

Makes one wonder why all the great players he's coached rate him extremely highly right? But i'm sure armchair experts know better though.
He heavily benefited from a massive Coutinho fee to continue Liverpool's progress. Let's not act like Liverpool had the same organic financial strength as Utd or the same backing as City/Chelsea.

Stacks

he got to a CL final in his 2nd full season mate. Taking over from Brendan he didn't even get to make changes. 1st full season 4th, 2nd full season 4th + CL final and cost by GK errors so he upgraded the keeper and won the CL and got some rediculous points tally. Pep always takes over title winners or title challengers from the jump

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
He heavily benefited from a massive Coutinho fee to continue Liverpool's progress. Let's not act like Liverpool had the same organic financial strength as Utd or the same backing as City/Chelsea.
Where did i imply that they did? And how does your point negate anything i said in my post?

he got to a CL final in his 2nd full season mate. Taking over from Brendan he didn't even get to make changes. 1st full season 4th, 2nd full season 4th + CL final and cost by GK errors so he upgraded the keeper and won the CL and got some rediculous points tally. Pep always takes over title winners or title challengers from the jump
His 2nd full season? Basically his 3rd you mean since in his first season, he took over basically 6 or 7 games into the season if i'm not mistaken, not like he came in after half of the season had already been played.
Pep is considered one of the best coaches and his brand of football is appealing to big clubs and they all want him because of that, offcourse he was always going to find himself in the biggest clubs and title challengers after what he did at Barcelona.
I'ld argue that taking over title challengers isn't easier than taking over clubs where there's no immediate expectations to win anything.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Tuchel strikes me as a manager who's best turning up at a club, getting instant results for a year or two and then leaving. Don't think sustained success is easy for defensive managers in modern football.

Stacks

Where did i imply that they did? And how does your point negate anything i said in my post?

His 2nd full season? Basically his 3rd you mean since in his first season, he took over basically 6 or 7 games into the season if i'm not mistaken, not like he came in after half of the season had already been played.
Pep is considered one of the best coaches and his brand of football is appealing to big clubs and they all want him because of that, offcourse he was always going to find himself in the biggest clubs and title challengers after what he did at Barcelona.
I'ld argue that taking over title challengers isn't easier than taking over clubs where there's no immediate expectations to win anything.
It was someone else team so he was basically like a caretaker unable to make any signings yet got to 2 finals.

Taking over title challengers is harder? Sure. having a squad that makes winning 85% of your games vs the oppositions a near certainly is a real mountain to climb. The horror of having better players than all your opposition. Must be real tough to win football matches

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
It was someone else team so he was basically like a caretaker unable to make any signings yet got to 2 finals.

Taking over title challengers is harder? Sure. having a squad that makes winning 85% of your games vs the oppositions a near certainly is a real mountain to climb. The horror of having better players than all your opposition. Must be real tough to win football matches
So by your logic, you think Ole for example would do as well as Pep (both in result and performance) if he was coaching the same City team Pep has coached since it's that easy?

As for having better players, it's funny how players aren't world-class until Pep gets them and has them to perform at an insane level then all of a sudden hindsight kicks in and then they were world-class before playing for Pep. Based on individual talent, City players aren't better than United's for example, Pep is the big difference.

The only world class player he's had at City is KDB. One can maybe make an argument for Aguero (great striker but isn't/wasn't world-class for me) but that's about it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Guardiola for me, it might simplistic but he's won so much more. Yes, I'm aware he's had it easier than the other two in Germany with the clubs he managed, and that Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were around at the perfect time for him, then there's City with their billions. Of course, everyone knows that. There's just a point where weight of numbers in terms of trophy count comes into it for me and he's way ahead.

I've almost certainly called him "Pep" before, but for some reason everyone calling him that in this thread is pissing me off. Not the biggest fan of his football either stylistically, although there is much worse and I'd certainly take it while being successful.

Stacks

So by your logic, you think Ole for example would do as well as Pep (both in result and performance) if he was coaching the same City team Pep has coached since it's that easy?

As for having better players, it's funny how players aren't world-class until Pep gets them and has them to perform at an insane level then all of a sudden hindsight kicks in and then they were world-class before playing for Pep. Based on individual talent, City players aren't better than United's for example, Pep is the big difference.

The only world class player he's had at City is KDB. One can maybe make an argument for Aguero (great striker but isn't/wasn't world-class for me) but that's about it.
Hell no because he is a mediocre manager. Many of Citys players had already won 2 league titles when he came. Yes he does improve them

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Klopp has to be the best hands down, and Guardiola is still the more accomplished and experience manager than Tuchel but I still prefer Tuchel's style better.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Mendy was brilliant.

Dr. StrangeHate

Pep played a midfield of Rodri, Bernardo Silva and KDB and completely dominated a midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic. Pep also played with Jesus as a striker yesterday. The way he dominates teams with attackers as midfielders is very unique to him.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
1) Pep because he’s responsible for the best team I’ve ever seen and his teams generally play good football. He’s had his struggles in the CL in recent years as he tends to overthink things tactically, but he’s still a two time winner of that tournament.

2) Klopp because he brought Liverpool back to the English league summit after 30 years and built a strong team on limited funds. His teams also play good football but have a disturbing tendency to fall off a cliff after a couple of years of success (perhaps related to the lack of spending power of his clubs but also could be down to his style and system draining the players after a while). It’s good for him that Liverpool appear to have recovered well this season and will again challenge.

3) Tuchel, very good coach but not quite on the level of the other two. Plus he’s becoming the new Jose in the sense that every time there’s a big top of the table clash involving Chelsea and everyone’s excited to watch it, it turns out to be boring because of how his team plays. Yesterday would have been the same but for the fact that City scored first, which opened up the second half somewhat as Chelsea had to chase the equaliser.

Pep's Suit

Genuinely can't believe some people prefer Tuchel's style when his Chelsea starts games with 7-8 defensive players. Probably the same who would prefer Zidane's Real over Pep's Barca because "iT's LiKe ChEsS". :rolleyes:

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Klopp and its not even close for me.
Pep has never had a season in any country where he didnt have the strongest squad and biggest budget to strengthen it even further. He wins in style and will go down as a great but has only ever won with the best and strongest and never needed a rebuild. City were buying players for him long before he even arrived.
Tuchel has a way to go to be included in the conversation.

Zen86

Genuinely can't believe some people prefer Tuchel's style when his Chelsea starts games with 7-8 defensive players. Probably the same who would prefer Zidane's Real over Pep's Barca because "iT's LiKe ChEsS". :rolleyes:
He’s just the flavour of the month, it’ll pass soon enough. Won’t be long before cowardly performances like yesterday gain more of a spotlight.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In what world are Jorginho and Kovacic defensive players?

Crashoutcassius

Klopp by a mile. Best football by a mile, limited resources. Pep then. Then tuchel who recently failed at psg and is playing very pragmatic football at Chelsea, still doing a great job

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
In what world are Jorginho and Kovacic defensive players?
In their own imaginary world. :lol: .Admittedly we struggled against city this time but keep on saying tuchel s defensive football didn't watch Chelsea play in my opinion.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Klopp brought in world s most expensive defender most expensive goal keeper that time to make them winners. mane Keita fabinho salah thiago jota chamberlene and two defenders worth some 400 million talents.Its on par with ole spending.

Coutinho sales means he spent within oh great but what you will say tuchel s spending then.He didn't even spend a single penny yet. :lol: .In fact Chelsea in negative spending.