Who's had the best transfer window?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool, Fulham and Wolves all deserve to be mentioned in the same breath

West Ham and Everton are maybes due to previous apparent good windows turning out to be shit i.e. last summer

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Most of the clubs who have done a lot of business look to be a bit of a mixed bag.

Alisson, Keita and Shaqiri look like good buys but I don't think Fabinho will be. I like Bryan, Mawson, Fosu Mensah, Mitrovic and Seri for Fulham, but not sure about the likes of Vietto. Everton have been ballsy with Richarlison after he faded so badly last term, not sure about that, but I think Mina and Digne are both good buys. West Ham have bet on Anderson and Yarmolenko who could both do really well, but also inexplicably bought Carlos Sanchez. Arsenal got Torreira who could become very good, but not sure about Sokratis and Leno, both look Europa standard to me. Wolves have got a quality keeper in but not sure at all about some of their other acquisitions. Mahrez is proven quality so unfortunately City have done well. I think one or two of Brighton's gambles will pay off too and that they will stay up, suspect they have done good business. Gibson is a good buy for Burnley, Deulefeu good value for Watford though they have not done enough, similarly Schar for Newcastle. Pereira, Maddison and Evans good for Leicester but they lost Mahrez and spent way too much on Danny Ward wtf... all very mixed. Cardiff have done well considering, I think Reid and Arter are good acquisitions.

Overall, Liverpool, City and maybe Fulham have had the best windows I reckon. Worst would be Huddersfield, Southampton and Watford who all looked in trouble at the start of the window and still do.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Arsenal - Liechstiner, Leno, Torriera and Sokaratis. Pretty decent additions.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
How anyone in this thread mentioned Chelsea having a bad or one of the worst windows is crazy to me.

We've gone from having to send out Bakayoko who was a complete flop and Cesc who moves like he's got a fridge on his back to Jorginho and Kovacic. So that's the midfield massively upgraded.

It was all doom and gloom from every media outlet about how we were going to lose Hazard, Kante, and Willian. Kept all of them.

We bought a keeper with massive potential and who has more to his game than just being a great shot stopper. He can be used to play out from the back which should add a new dimension.

We've finally got a manager who plays attacking football.

The way we got here was shambolic but in the end I would say we've had a solid 7/10 window. Only thing that would've made it better is if we'd have signed a world class forward. But none were available.