Other Who's the most famous/well-known celebrity on the planet?

Sara125

Ariana Grande and Kylie Jenner arent that famous surely? Cant imagine any European over 50 knows who Kylie Jenner is.
You’re underestimating their popularity, especially Kylie. Both of my parents (in their 60s) who aren’t big followers of pop culture like that know who both are

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I was literally thinking that the only reason RDJ is in there is because of the growing popularity of Marvel. So you could be right.
Yup I think so, he was basically the main character.

I'd easy think Arnold Schwarzenegger would be more famous than him. A long with many others. Many may know "Iron Man" but then not know the name of the actor that plays the role...happens.
Yeah that's why I think it's more about being currently popular than people knowing who you are.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Are we looking for most well-known as in largest amount of people would know him/her? Then a Chinese or Indian person is a fair shout, or someone like Eileen Gu who's known in both China/Asia as the USA.

If we are looking for a person who your average Joe in the streets would recognize on a global basis (i.e. most countries worldwide), a sports star like Jordan or Ronaldo is probably a great shout imo. Although for someone like Jordan, I reckon the entire global population below 20 outside the US would struggle to identify him. Trump is also a candidate.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ariana Grande and Kylie Jenner arent that famous surely? Cant imagine any European over 50 knows who Kylie Jenner is.
I don't know, you'd be surprised. If you're not in that sphere, then it may sound nuts, but they're pretty big. For better or for worse...

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Who compiled this list? Not saying that RDJ isn’t known but to have him ahead of all the other big name Hollywood actors?!

Edit: I didn’t even realise he was above Ronaldo until the poster below me mentioned it. Definitely another of those ‘the world revolves around America’ things.
He's pretty huge. Hasn't he been the highest-paid actor in Hollywood for years due to the Marvel movies?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Are we looking for most well-known as in largest amount of people would know him/her? Then a Chinese or Indian person is a fair shout, or someone like Eileen Gu who's known in both China/Asia as the USA.

If we are looking for a person who your average Joe in the streets would recognize on a global basis (i.e. most countries worldwide), a sports star like Jordan or Ronaldo is probably a great shout imo. Although for someone like Jordan, I reckon the entire global population below 20 outside the US would struggle to identify him. Trump is also a candidate.
Never heard of her, but yeah in this type of conversation you’d need some cross-section of the media power of the US, the sheer population of east Asia, and the reach of the old British Commonwealth.

So probably Mia Khalifa.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I realized something. There is no adult entertainers in these lists which means that people are lying.

JPRouve

Scout
Can't imagine many people wouldn't recognise Tiger Woods
I would say that my mum has an idea about who Tiger Woods is while I had to tell her who Ronaldo was a few weeks ago, I made sure to mention that he was a slip merchant.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I know who Michael Jordan is but I have no idea what he looks like. I think it's probably the same to many people outside the US with Jordan and Brady - they've heard the name but can't put a face to it.

I think Usain Bolt is the most recognisable sporting person in the world. Then it's probably a long list of present & past footballers (Ronaldo/Messi/Barkley at the top) with a few tennis players and golfers lumped in.

JPRouve

Scout
I know who Michael Jordan is but I have no idea what he looks like. I think it's probably the same to many people outside the US with Jordan and Brady - they've heard the name but can't put a face to it.

I think Usain Bolt is the most recognisable sporting person in the world. Then it's probably a long list of present & past footballers (Ronaldo/Messi/Barkley at the top) with a few tennis players and golfers lumped in.
Imagine Mr Clean but black.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
1. The Queen,
2. The Pope,
3. Donald Trump,
4. Bill Gates,
5. Elon Musk,
6. Cristiano Ronaldo,
7. Michael Jordan,
8. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

Probably in that order, in my opinion.

JPRouve

Scout
So none of you know Lebron James?

JPRouve

Scout
Is he the man not as good as Jordan or Kobe?
He is far better than Kobe but yes he is the other possible NBA goat. The NBA is fairly big in Europe, South America, North America, China and the Phillipines. So I would imagine that he is fairly high when it comes to fame.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/most-famous-living-person-from-each-country.406240/

See who has shot up since that thread was made.

Imo, it’s the queen.

You lose either very young or very old people with contemporary names. Donald Trump isn’t going to be world renowned amongst old people, imo. Young people couldn’t care less about most people who are world renowned for those over 35, and so on.

The queen isn’t as exposed as she used to be - younger people might be losing sight of her, but she has a stranglehold others don’t on people 15 up, which I don’t think anyone else alive can match.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I have no idea. Modi is known in the west and obviously extremely relevant in Asia. My westerener mind wants to say Trump but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Modi.
Genuinely never heard of Modi, what is it?

SirAnderson

But if you think about who the Chinese or Indian population knows outside of their country, then surely that is even greater.
The majority of India or China may know their person, but perhaps a large portion of the world may not know them; but let's say a large percentage of their population knows someone from America for instance, then its them, PLUS all who are knowledgeable about said person, in the US and the rest of the world.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
1. The Queen,
2. The Pope,
3. Donald Trump,
4. Bill Gates,
5. Elon Musk,
6. Cristiano Ronaldo,
7. Michael Jordan,
8. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

Probably in that order, in my opinion.
I bet half the world has no idea how the British Queen looks.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I bet half the world has no idea how the British Queen looks.
Where did the thread anything about knowing what they look like? The thread title says most famous/well known.

I can guarantee that more people in the world know of The Queen than all of the others excluding The Pope but The Pope is not just one person so The Queen wins.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The queen isn’t as exposed as she used to be - younger people might be losing sight of her, but she has a stranglehold others don’t on people 15 up, which I don’t think anyone else alive can match.
Plus when she does kick the bucket those under 15 will know all about her too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Plus when she does kick the bucket those under 15 will know all about her too.
Think that’d exclude her from the thread! But her being seriously ill and beamed all over the world would be something in terms of exposure amongst the young.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Where did the thread anything about knowing what they look like? The thread title says most famous/well known.

I can guarantee that more people in the world know of The Queen than all of the others excluding The Pope but The Pope is not just one person so The Queen wins.
The pope is more than one person? Holy shit, I’ve got the wrong religion again.