g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who's your Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year? (2018/19)

BlackBen

Ashley Young, because he's played all the coaches into making him captain and starting him in every game.

Well played Captain Fantastic, can't wait for your 50 games next season.

Born2Lose

Wins it almost by default, but I'd go for McTominay. Would have been easy for the kid to fold after Mourinho's disgraceful treatment of him, but instead he's shown he's got a lot of spirit and has come back and found himself a regular place in the first team squad.

Hopefully Ole sees that what this team is missing is hungry and ambiitious young players who want to wear the shirt.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't pick out any individual, there have been so many great performers this year.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Cancel the awards for the senior team. Absolute disgrace if they go ahead. Also cancel the lap of honour against Cardiff. These twats don't deserve one.

Acole9

Outstanding
They should cancel this. No recognition for this shit show. They're an embarrassment and an absolute disgrace. I would be happy if we got rid of the lot of them.

redshaw

Alexis gets Piano Player of the Year

I'd probably scrap it and go for modern awards.

Sulk of the year
Best Tattoo
Best Twitter Game
Best Clothing Range

Andersons Dietician

Pretty much has to be Shaw right. He’s been the only one that has consistently put in performances but even then it’s not like he has been outstanding. Best of a terrible bunch more like. Wouldn’t surprise me if Pogba got it just because he is Pogba.

Actually I’ve changed my mind. Give it to Lauren James.

dogwithabone

If I was the player winning it I’d be genuinely embarrassed to go up and receive it.

No one deserves it.

MichaelRed

Lindelof is the only contender in my eyes. He has come on leaps and bounds, despite the attempts by Mourinho to utterly obliterate his soul.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pretty much has to be Shaw right. He’s been the only one that has consistently put in performances but even then it’s not like he has been outstanding. Best of a terrible bunch more like. Wouldn’t surprise me if Pogba got it just because he is Pogba.

Actually I’ve changed my mind. Give it to Lauren James.
Shaw ? Are you serious. He’s been way below what I’d expect of him. He looks fat again too. Today is a prime example. Nothing going forward and a feck up defensively. I like the guy but he’s had a very poor season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Shaw ? Are you serious. He’s been way below what I’d expect of him. He looks fat again too. Today is a prime example. Nothing going forward and a feck up defensively. I like the guy but he’s had a very poor season.
He played well initially for the contract

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Nobody should get it really. The award should be cancelled this year

Andersons Dietician

Well it honestly cant go to anyone else, he’s been by far the best out of what we have.

m1tch

Was tempted to vote for Sanchez, him winning it would be the only thing more embarrassing than;
1. Our football, and
2. Pogba being in the league's team of the year.

Went for Lindelof in the end, it was a toss up between him and Shaw. Neither have been outstanding but Lindelof has had to play with Matic in front of him. He's also had to play alongside a variety of chumps, so fair play to him for carving out some 7/10 performances.

Andersons Dietician

He’s really not.
Notice that pretty much most in this thread seem to be saying Shaw. Maybe you have forgotten that he put in solid performance after solid performance and was the best player in the team for a few months.

In fairness whoever gets it because inevitably someone is, they should say listen I don’t deserve this no one does, none of us played in a manner that deserves a trophy.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Wins it almost by default, but I'd go for McTominay. Would have been easy for the kid to fold after Mourinho's disgraceful treatment of him, but instead he's shown he's got a lot of spirit and has come back and found himself a regular place in the first team squad.

Hopefully Ole sees that what this team is missing is hungry and ambiitious young players who want to wear the shirt.
That's a new one. This time last year Jose was giving McTominay the managers player of the year award, to the bemusement of many on here, which he had earmarked for Matic but gave to McTominay because he felt he'd been wrongly snubbed in other categories.

There was a time where only Jose and only a few supporters saw anything in McTominay.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
That's a new one. This time last year Jose was giving McTominay the managers player of the year award, to the bemusement of many on here, which he had earmarked for Matic but gave to McTominay because he felt he'd been wrongly snubbed in other categories.

There was a time where only Jose and only a few supporters saw anything in McTominay.
Starting him as a CB was doing him no favors.

dave1956

I for one would not make this award this year as I think no player comes near to the requirements.

Stadjer

Pogba even got in the team of the year so it kind of has to be him? His stats are great too and eventhough he had bad games he also had games and moments no other Manchester United player is capable off.

People saying Lindelof should win seem to forget that he didnt start the season well and only became okay/good later on in the season.

McT has hardly played any games compared to the other players so it doesnt seem fair to give him the price because he had some okay games since Ole became the manager.

After Pogba i guess Shaw is the next best option. He wasnt great but nobody was. He made a big error today but that he was okay for most of the season.

It has been a terrible season.. maybe just skip the whole trophy.

SER19

Should be no award this year. Do the youth ones and make first team attend

ship50

They should not give this prestigious award to anyone this season. But they will. Don't care who gets it because none of them deserve it.

kundalini

Before Huddersfield I would have given it to Shaw, due to Pogba's disappointing form since the Chelsea FA Cup game. Now I'd be tempted to pick Lindelof, though he had a terrible start to the season and was awful for a few games around Arsenal, Wolves time.