Why are England's fans so disrespectful of their greatest coach of all time?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No one ever achieved what Southgate achieved: back to back semi and final. Yet most of what I read is hate for the man. Are English fans acting entitled?

Impulse

Sir Alf Ramsey followed up the '66 World Cup win with a third place finish at the '68 Euros, so he's still ahead of Sir Gareth for now.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
No one ever achieved what Southgate achieved: back to back semi and final. Yet most of what I read is hate for the man. Are English fans acting entitled?
Why are Germans disrespectful of Low?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What do you mean? He only won the one world cup and he ended his tenure in disgrace? Hardly comparable to what Southgate has achieved with England. Relatively speaking.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Oh great, another one of these threads.

There's two other threads talking about Southgate and contain plenty of posts about why people are pissed off, try reading them instead of going down the tiresome and rather dull "entitled" route.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It’s not hate. Nobody hates him.

Many believe that a better tactician could do better when it matters. That’s not hate. It’s reality.

He’s close to universally loved. There’s no fight. He’s world class at many things. Not at others.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It’s not hate. Nobody hates him.

Many believe that a better tactician could do better when it matters. That’s not hate. It’s reality.

He’s close to universally loved. There’s no fight. He’s world class at many things. Not at others.
Stop talking sense. Let these idiots gaslight and pretend that everyone with a negative opinion of that final want him OUT NOW! And are being typical disrespectful English fans.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He picks his arse and sniffs it. He picks his nose and eats it. In stadiums with thousands and thousands of people and dozens and dozens of cameras.

He could win 3 World Cups and still be deserving of ridicule.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
What do you mean? He only won the one world cup and he ended his tenure in disgrace? Hardly comparable to what Southgate has achieved with England. Relatively speaking.
What has Germany achieved in ten years prior to Low taking over?
He picks his arse and sniffs it. He picks his nose and eats it. In stadiums with thousands and thousands of people and dozens and dozens of cameras.

:lol: Fair point there :D

TheReligion

Abusive
You're clearly trying to wind people up but anyway Southgate has met and exceeded the expected as England manager (10 year plan set by the FA). That said it doesn't mean some of his decisions can't be criticised nor does that make anyone who does "entitled".

Not sure what point you're trying to make really.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What has Germany achieved in ten years prior to Low taking over?
Granted aside from the WC final and the EC win those were dark times for die Mannschaft, but bottom line he had the job for 17 years and all he got to show for it is one cup. Hardly something that makes him stand out. Yet Southgate did what no England coach could ever do before him and won an EC knock out game.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Granted aside from the WC final and the EC win those were dark times for die Mannschaft, but bottom line he had the job for 17 years and all he got to show for it is one cup. Hardly something that makes him stand out. Yet Southgate did what no England coach could ever do before him and won an EC knock out game.
I'm sure that you are winding them up now :D

My point is, despite Low actually doing something meaningful, it was obviously time for change, far before this Euros. I'd have him sacked after 2016 Euros, and of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'm absolutely sure that England would waste their time with Southgate if they let him continue after this. Which I'm also sure they will.

Pickle85

Ah, there it is, that famous German sense of humour!!!

Ananke

You're clearly trying to wind people up but anyway Southgate has met and exceeded the expected as England manager (10 year plan set by the FA). That said it doesn't mean some of his decisions can't be criticised nor does that make anyone who does "entitled".

Not sure what point you're trying to make really.
He's just a WUM and this thread is pointless.

Highfather_24

Let these idiots gaslight
You use that word but I dont think you know what that means. Gaslighting includes making people doubt their own sanity/reality. It cannot and should not be used interchangeably with lying/misleading/deception just to sound cool.

UnrelatedPsuedo

You use that word but I dont think you know what that means. Gaslighting includes making people doubt their own sanity/reality. It cannot and should not be used interchangeably with lying/misleading/deception just to sound cool.
Predetermining or suggesting someone’s goal, without any evidence isn’t a noble trait either. I’d rather people slightly misused words when replying to me than attach motive to a third parties actions for no reason.

RedChisel

Getting knocked out by England has really hurt you lot hasn't it :lol:

Highfather_24

Predetermining or suggesting someone’s goal, without any evidence isn’t a noble trait either. I’d rather people slightly misused words when replying to me than attach motive to a third parties actions for no reason.
Guilty as charged. Very tired of people using "gaslighting" incorrectly. Its become one of those cool new hip words to use.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Guilty as charged. Very tired of people using "gaslighting" incorrectly. Its become one of those cool new hip words to use.
Well now I’ve got nowhere to put this rage. How dare you concede.

Good man. I was a little sharp for no good reason.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's got to be some quality control added to these threads. Seriously.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
What does Stoke have to do with this?
Stoke's in England, there's a clear connection! You absolutely insisting on talking about Löw on the other hand - that's clearly off-topic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sly insult. Carry on.

RedDevil@84

Unless one is living in a box that gives you only statistics and records, it is obvious that England should have decisively defeated Denmark and most probably won against Italy, if their manager would see sense and bring on the attackers when needed.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Unless one is living in a box that gives you only statistics and records, it is obvious that England should have decisively defeated Denmark and most probably won against Italy, if their manager would see sense and bring on the attackers when needed.
Then why was it England's first EC knockout victory? Clearly Southgate broke down some barriers to lead his team in to uncharted territories. It sounds very entitled and arrogant to just dismiss that as stats and records.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Because he's a bang average manager that's why. Alf ramsey won the world cup, you know.

Southgate learnt nothing from the WC semi final. Same issue then as now. Oh the treatment of Grealish and Sancho was a scandal.

predator

Youth NITK
I love him. He is the most talked about england manager ever and has got us to a semi world cup and final of the euros. I reckon he would even improve the minnows that are Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland when it comes to tournament football.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Good question.
Well most of them are the couch coaches who know everything better (same goes for politics).

I personally really used to like him but unfortunately for him he missed the moment to leave and basically pissed on his own legacy. Quite sad because the football, with the 2014 peak, was not only attractive, it was breathtaking at times (Semis vs Brasil).

dinostar77

England got to the final despite having southgate in charge. His defensive first, negative football and his inability to read a game and make appropriate changes cost England the final.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Knocking Germany out with Southgate hindering us and getting Sancho at an absolute steal has broke @do.ob . Turned him into a wum quicker than Sterling turned Kimmich.