Why did Ole abandon his vision?

MattofManchester

He was known as a pragmatic manager prior to his arrival here.

I don't see much that has changed in that regard.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
4231 again. Really was hoping for a change in formation today. He might have abandoned his vision but he is hanging on to the he 4231 for dear life.

Josep Dowling

I think you're right in the bolded part and in your post in general. However, Ole is the manager, he should implement a style and then go from there. Pogba can't press? Well, too bad, you're on the bench. Oh now you're want to press, fine, we practice it and you are in the starting eleven again. I can't get around that. How difficult is it? It's basic! I genuinely think Ole is the worst coach in the league, together with Steve Bruce. Ole as a man manager is great and he can buy players among other things, but purely as a coach he and his stab are easily bottom table, and how can that be okay for Manchester United? It's so weird.
I totally agree which is probably why he starts Fred and McTominay more often than fans want. Less talented players but actually listen to instructions. The key is to find talented players who also listen to manager instructions. We are certainly missing that in central midfield and our wide forwards (when defending).

youmeletsfly

At some stage it actually did look as if we were trying to be this high pressing team he promised us we’ll be but instead gradually we have shifted away from this vision. At the moment we certainly don’t like the team that is running others ragged in any way and the pressing is subdued at best.
I don't agree with that. At one point we looked like a "let's run a lot team", but our so called "high press" was so erratic it was funny to watch.
High press is about pressing in certain moments when the enemy is under pressure and recover the ball quickly. It needs to be done in sync and in certain moments (before the pass goes out, just after one of their players makes the 1st touch, etc)
When we were high pressing we looked like headless chicken and we still do now when trying to press in general.

The lack of quality coaching is so evident.