Gaming Why did PES change their attribute system?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I have only recently started playing PES again after Pro Evo 6 on the PS2 (the answer why is kids). Anyway, what struck me was the new attribute system. Out go dribble speed and dribble accuracy and in comes explosive power, whatever that is.

It seems to me to be less clear and less precise than the old system. Does anyone know why they changed it?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When you think about it, what is dribble speed and dribble accuracy. I can't think of anybody who looks at footballers abilities that way. Is there a footballer who is an accurate dribbler but a slow one? And who is actually quick otherwise? They've combined it into one which is dribbling which makes sense. Explosive power on the other hand is your burst of acceleration. The new categorisation seems fine to me.

What I'd argue they could have done was separate first touch, and dribbling like football manager does. Scholes had a wonderful first touch but wasn't really a great dribbler.

United58

When you think about it, what is dribble speed and dribble accuracy. I can't think of anybody who looks at footballers abilities that way. Is there a footballer who is an accurate dribbler but a slow one? And who is actually quick otherwise? They've combined it into one which is dribbling which makes sense. Explosive power on the other hand is your burst of acceleration. The new categorisation seems fine to me.

What I'd argue they could have done was separate first touch, and dribbling like football manager does. Scholes had a wonderful first touch but wasn't really a great dribbler.
Loads - Mata, Giggs in his later years, Zidane. Dribble Speed can be seen as a % of the Top Speed when the player is sprinting with the ball (so a player with 99 Dribble Speed runs practically as fast with the ball as without).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Loads - Mata, Giggs in his later years, Zidane. Dribble Speed can be seen as a % of the Top Speed when the player is sprinting with the ball (so a player with 99 Dribble Speed runs practically as fast with the ball as without).
Pace and acceleration a separate attribute rendering dribbling speed useless. If Zidane and Giggs are great slow dribblers then dribbling and acceleration/top speed are enough

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

Ignore dribble speed and accuracy if you like. I was just interested to see why they changed it and to odd terms like body control. All that said the FM categories are probably the best

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m still mad they had an overall stat for each player. I hate overall ratings so much

meamth

I’m still mad they had an overall stat for each player. I hate overall ratings so much
Yeah, why overall rating is fecking useless in football.

I'd rather they kept that graph rather than overall, much better indicator for me.

And all football games should implement permanent physical stats like:

17-25 players have high acceleration and pace
26-30 players have average acceleration and pace (pacy players will be reduced approaching 30)

21-30 players have average strength (younger players will grow this eventually)

The issue is every football games has unrealistic growth for physical stats. Take Fifa for example, 16 aged players who has 70 pace can grow to 90 pace (WTF?) FM has youngsters with 12 pace and can be raised to 15-16 (how?)

In real life, you either have that pace or not the moment you were born.

No football games even considers quick feet as an ability. That for me is very very important.