g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Why, every season, around February/March, do the press have the gall to talk about City quadruples?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I love how Spurs and especially Juventus are underestimated as if City will just stroll to the final.
Definitely. Could see Spurs messing up the league a bit but maybe knocking City out of the CL.

I do think City will win all the domestic trophies though.

Ban

Definitely. Could see Spurs messing up the league a bit but maybe knocking City out of the CL.

I do think City will win all the domestic trophies though.
Let them have that. It won't beat our treble.

Ibrahimorich

Because there is a 0.00000001% chance or less of it happening but they know it will wind up people and get people typing.
I'd say it's a lot higher than that.
I'd make you marginal favourites for the league 55%
Overwhelming favourites for the FA Cup 90%
One of the favourites for the CL 25%
.55*.9*.25 = 12.375%

That's my totally scientifically accurate* % for you winning the quadruple.

* may not be accurate at all

Stocar

They're favorites in all competitions because they are playing the best and most dominant football in Europe, and bookmakers have to be conservative. I don't fancy them winning in Europe, but not because they lack some mysterious qualities that only supposed European elite possess. What they lack is shithousery and opportunism, and these are the quality that get you through tough knockout ties. This has arguably been a common theme with Guardiola's teams. I like that sort of idealism and dedication, there's not enough of that in modern football.

El Zoido

If City do the quadruple, United fans will soon be wishing Liverpool had won the league.

FujiVice

I hated City more prior to the qatar takeover. They arent even a football club now. They a oil business spending £1.3 billion on transfers to desperately try and con you into thinking they have any history. They'll never have that feeling we had when Rashford scored in the last minute against PSG. The feeling of an ex-manager, playing kids and a Manchester lad putting us through. Its a rat bag club, and they can win anything they want, it wont make much difference in the long run. They'll never be United, Real or Barca. They'll never even be Liverpool, as much as that sickens me to give props to that lot.

Chipper

Adulterer.
If City do the quadruple, United fans will soon be wishing Liverpool had won the league.
I don't know, I'm thinking it's something like this:

Worst case scenario is Liverpool PL + CL, City FA Cup
Second Worst is Liverpool PL, City the rest
Third is Liverpool CL, City the rest
4th is City quadruple

Best case scenario is obviously United CL, City to lose in the semis of the FA cup, City for the Premier League.