Why, every season, around February/March, do the press have the gall to talk about City quadruples?

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
They're top of the league
They're now the out and out favourites for the FA Cup
They've won one cup already
They're one of if not the best teams in Europe

Come on it isn't rocket science is it

UCL will be tough but given we 'want' them to win the league over those other cnuts I'd be amazed now if they didn't win at least 3 trophies this season now
What a weird thing to say. UTD fans used to think their team was the best on the world, now you’re settling to not even be the best in your City, just because you want City to beat Liverpool.

I’d be careful what you wish for if I was you. This City is not the City you were brought up to laugh at, they’re a serious team, and a serious club.

ZupZup

There seems to be a bit of denial here. The best odds I can see on City doing the quadruple is 9/2. It is unfortunately a very real possibility this season.

I’m actually surprised it isn’t being talked about more than it has been.

Treble

Even the suggestion has next to no merit at this point in time - what do you believe they have done to warrant literally the highest regard a European club can have in a season... in the middle of March?

Like I said before, unless you're a team for the ages or are being forged in the fires of epic battles even in the round of 16, talk like this, before the qf's are played, is farcical.
You are talking as if they are a random team with a random manager and somehow are still in 4 compets. Actually, they won 100 pts in the league last season while breaking numerous records. They have a great squad with a great manager. Hence the talk. The probability is not high, in particular because they don't have much experience in the CL. But it is not neglible either.

Schneckerl

Even the suggestion has next to no merit at this point in time - what do you believe they have done to warrant literally the highest regard a European club can have in a season... in the middle of March?
Why not? We know their CL path - they are three winnable KO rounds (Spurs being very favorable) away from it.

St Red

KRAP
It would be quite hilarious, on more than one level, if after all this hype they ended up with just the League Cup

zing

Zingle balls
What a weird thing to say. UTD fans used to think their team was the best on the world, now you’re settling to not even be the best in your City, just because you want City to beat Liverpool.

I’d be careful what you wish for if I was you. This City is not the City you were brought up to laugh at, they’re a serious team, and a serious club.
He didn't say any of what you're outraging about.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It would be quite hilarious, on more than one level, if after all this hype they ended up with just the League Cup
I'm questioning your KRAP tagline. Do you want Liverpool to win the league?!? Were you happy when We sold Jaap Stam?!

Litch

Because they are a team that's capable of doing it. The way the competitions are going, they'll come close this season....

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I can't lie, it pisses me off. A quad that's only possible by buying two full teams and literally cheating their way into that being allowed. No one mentions that though.
Duncan Castles, Matthew Syed and James Ducker say hello.

Fluctuation0161

Because when you break the rules, spending billions of pounds and get away with it you end up with a chance of winning everything.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Because we've won the League Cup and remain bookmakers favourites to win the other three competitions. Be weird if it wasn't being talked about. Talking about something does not mean you think it is likely.

laughtersassassin

To be fair City are in every competition and doing well and when they aren't getting a bit of luck, that is why. Maybe we should ask why don't we have the gall to compete? Our owners of course.

That said the media or at least some of them do suck city off. That talk last season of them being the greatest ever Prem side was laughable from the start.

Web of Bissaka

Sell paper, and obsession with a club (better the story if it's a rival club) to eclipse United's treble.

And tbf, they have a strong squad now and still competing in all competitions, which helps.

Doubt it will happen but hey that idea from looking at a neutral non-United fan perspective is interesting.

RedDevil@84

They are on proper route for a domestic treble. If they can, it is a pretty good achievement

Al-T

Inevitable after they won the Haribo Cup.

But had VAR been available at Swansea it would all have been over for another year.

Giggs86

Because it's not a real season unless Kompany hyping them to win the quadruple in some interview around mid February. Happens literally every season.

Sterling Archer

FA Cup final in the bag. How often does a team win the Fa Cup without playing another top 6 club?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
FA Cup final in the bag. How often does a team win the Fa Cup without playing another top 6 club?
To be fair, it’s not Citys fault none of them could stay in the competition. It’s easy to moan about easy draws but they wouldn’t be easy at this stage if the other big sides were beating the teams they were supposed to beat.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The Quad is being talked about because they are the best team since the PL started. Very good chance of doing it.

Giggs86

That's disgusting. Even more so when you add bloody Spurs to that mix for a semi final ticket. Hopefully Wolves can do them in the FA Cup final, and I hope one of us/Barca/Juve will have it in them to stop them in the CL. If it comes to a City-Liverpool final though, fecking hell...

dove

To be fair, it’s not Citys fault none of them could stay in the competition. It’s easy to moan about easy draws but they wouldn’t be easy at this stage if the other big sides were beating the teams they were supposed to beat.
Rather conveniently for City, every team apart for them had to play strong PL teams with us having 3 difficult away games. Probably its just a coincidence, or is it? :lol:

Sterling Archer

I don't fault them. But it does stink as a rival having a set of significantly harder draws. Mostly it stems from the annoyance that our hard work getting past Arsenal and Chelsea away , the latter the first win in how many years, led to not turning up against Wolves.

St Red

KRAP
That's disgusting. Even more so when you add bloody Spurs to that mix for a semi final ticket. Hopefully Wolves can do them in the FA Cup final, and I hope one of us/Barca/Juve will have it in them to stop them in the CL. If it comes to a City-Liverpool final though, fecking hell...
Hopefully Wolves rest their main players in their last league game

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Their luck in the draws :lol:

Watford, Wolves, Brighton and they play Brighton. Typical.