Gaming Wii-U

decorativeed

I've not even gone on course world yet to be honest, but I am looking forward to it. That one looks a doddle compared to the one you posted on the last page though!

decorativeed

Have you been making levels? Post them if you have/when you've finished :D
Only rudimentary ones so far, and my lad has made a few to try to create levels I can't finish. Will post when I start to get properly into it.

Also just downloaded my first game from the eshop - Guacamelee - but haven't tried it yet. Also waiting on Donkey Kong Country to arrive. Got a week off work coming up, so looking forward to some serious Wii U time. Wish they'd made a Lego City Undercover sequel, I miss that world.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Only rudimentary ones so far, and my lad has made a few to try to create levels I can't finish. Will post when I start to get properly into it.

Also just downloaded my first game from the eshop - Guacamelee - but haven't tried it yet. Also waiting on Donkey Kong Country to arrive. Got a week off work coming up, so looking forward to some serious Wii U time. Wish they'd made a Lego City Undercover sequel, I miss that world.
Cool! I've heard good things about Guacamelee, but haven't played it myself.

With them bringing Lego City to Switch/PS4/Xbone, it might generate enough interest for a sequel in the future.

decorativeed

Guacamelee is only £6 on there at the moment, thought it was worth a go.

LCU coming to the Switch is tempting me to purchase, just hoping for a bundle and a price drop.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Guacamelee is awesome, really tight controls and some great mechanics later in the game.

decorativeed

One of my favourite moments in playing games over 30+ years has undoubtedly been stumbling across my place of work as Columbo (well, "DaMumbo" as he's known in the game) in Lego City.

Alock1

Finally caved in and decided to put my Wii U with games on gumtree (to fund a Switch) and it reminded me that it really did have some fantastic games.

3D World, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Pikmin 3, WW HD are all great.

Include BOTW, Splatoon and Mario Maker which I was holding out for a Switch for and you have some killer titles.

Bojan11

Finally caved in and decided to put my Wii U with games on gumtree (to fund a Switch) and it reminded me that it really did have some fantastic games.

Include BOTW, Splatoon and Mario Maker which I was holding out for a Switch for and you have some killer titles.
Not as many as Xbox one obviously.

What you looking to play on switch besides Odyssey?

We were having a debate in the Zelda thread and @The Bloody-Nine was saying anyone paying £300 to play just one game is off their trolley. He also said something about typhoon being better than earthquake. But that debate is for another day.

The Bloody-Nine

Look, we all know Tugboat f*cked up as the Shockmaster, but he was still the best part of The Natural Disasters. Earthquake became an oddity. That's before we even mention The Shark. Gross.

Alock1

Not as many as Xbox one obviously.

What you looking to play on switch besides Odyssey?

We were having a debate in the Zelda thread and @The Bloody-Nine was saying anyone paying £300 to play just one game is off their trolley. He also said something about typhoon being better than earthquake. But that debate is for another day.
I'll get Zelda and Splatoon 2, though being able to get some but not all of the experience on Wii U is the reason Ive held off for so long. I should be able to get £200+ all in for Wii U and games/accs, and another £50 or so for 2ds and games, so it shouldnt be too big of an investment.

Hoping for a 2d Mario (new worlds/style) or a 3d world sequel - essentially a non-sandbox Mario.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Look, we all know Tugboat f*cked up as the Shockmaster, but he was still the best part of The Natural Disasters. Earthquake became an oddity. That's before we even mention The Shark. Gross.
feck you man, nothing Tugboat could ever do is wrong. He was half yet twice the man Earthquake ever was.

Oh and @Alock1 you won't regret it. The Switch is way more than what the Wii-U should have been.

Member 39557

And Bayonetta 2, and Tropical Freeze.

Edit: The backwards compatability with some of the wii games too. Mario Galaxy, Smash, Mario Kart, metroid prime trilogy etc.

I don't think I could sell my Wiiu. Might be tempted to pick up a switch eventually too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alock1

And Bayonetta 2, and Tropical Freeze.

Edit: The backwards compatability with some of the wii games too. Mario Galaxy, Smash, Mario Kart, metroid prime trilogy etc.

I don't think I could sell my Wiiu. Might be tempted to pick up a switch eventually too.
I thought I had put Tropical Freeze on there but yeah, it's great - can't say I've played Bayo 2 but I know it's highly rated, though that is also being ported to the Switch with 1, and 3 is being developed. I played through Galaxy 1 & 2 on Wii U so completely agree there, and Galaxy 2 is still one of the best games I've ever played (& the best Mario).

I've been fighting whether or not to sell for quite some time - I'm only doing it to justify getting the Switch, which in fairness, does cover most of the Wii U itches I'm likely to have (or should soon).

Member 39557

I thought I had put Tropical Freeze on there but yeah, it's great - can't say I've played Bayo 2 but I know it's highly rated, though that is also being ported to the Switch with 1, and 3 is being developed. I played through Galaxy 1 & 2 on Wii U so completely agree there, and Galaxy 2 is still one of the best games I've ever played (& the best Mario).

I've been fighting whether or not to sell for quite some time - I'm only doing it to justify getting the Switch, which in fairness, does cover most of the Wii U itches I'm likely to have (or should soon).
Even if I wanted to sell the Wiiu (which I don't) I'd have to wait until I'd played xenoblade chronicles x. It's sat there forever, and it'll now have to wait until I've finished BOTW.