Will David De Gea break Alex Stepney's record for club appearances?

surf

522nd appearance today I think? Stepney is on 539. So 18 appearances to beat that record.

Assuming he plays all 14 remaining league games, just four more cup appearances needed beyond that.

Once he becomes the goalkeeper with the most appearances, Rooney and Neville will be next ahead of him on the all time list with 19 and 22 more apperances at that point.
62?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
3 years younger than Van der Sar was when he signed for us, who went on to make 186 appearances for the club.

I think he will do it.

Bert_

3 years younger than Van der Sar was when he signed for us, who went on to make 186 appearances for the club.

I think he will do it.
He's over 30 so he's been dead a few years apparently. Van Der Sar was resurrected from his crypt in Fulham before touch screens existed though, so he was grandfathered in.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Hope he does it, am sure he will.

Had his ups and downs but he'll be a club legend for me when/if he does it.

Sushi Kagawa

If he signs a new contract then can see him getting 500 PL appearances too

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Goes level with Stepney on Thursday, will break that record on Sunday.

1 - Giggs - 963
2 - Charlton - 758
3 - Scholes - 718
4 - Foulkes - 688
5 - Neville - 602
6 - Rooney - 559
7 - Stepney - 539
8 - De Gea - 538

That Giggs record really is ridiculous. Be a long time before he gets overtaken by anyone.

HookedOnAPhelan

Goes level with Stepney on Thursday, will break that record on Sunday.

1 - Giggs - 963
2 - Charlton - 758
3 - Scholes - 718
4 - Foulkes - 688
5 - Neville - 602
6 - Rooney - 559
7 - Stepney - 539
8 - De Gea - 538

That Giggs record really is ridiculous. Be a long time before he gets overtaken by anyone.
Probably never. His apps numbers from age 17 to 40 are absolutely insane. He had less than 30 apps in a season only twice - his first season aged 16/17 with 2 apps, and his last season aged 39/40 with 22 apps - and he had less than 40 apps only 9 times in total.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Probably never. His apps numbers from age 17 to 40 are absolutely insane. He had less than 30 apps in a season only twice - his first season aged 16/17 with 2 apps, and his last season aged 39/40 with 22 apps - and he had less than 40 apps only 9 times in total.
You are probably right however god knows how medicine/fitness will improve in the future. Back in the 80s forwards were normally gassed out by age 33. These days they seem to go on till forever

JagUTD

yet another fecking shit thread about a player who has served us for years, being ripped apart by so called fans.
I just write them off as completely clueless. Like you would the opinions of rival fans.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If Rashford plays to the same age as Giggs then there’s a realistic chance he could do it. After 8 seasons Rashford is on 354, Giggs was on 279. Although obviously Giggs started in the first team younger.

next_number_seven

If Rashford plays to the same age as Giggs then there’s a realistic chance he could do it. After 8 seasons Rashford is on 354, Giggs was on 279. Although obviously Giggs started in the first team younger.
Rashford is ahead in terms of goals and appearances at the same age, but I doubt he'll play til 40.

Rashford could pass Rooney's goal record also if averages 20+ goals for 6 more seasons

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of the way he is spoken about by fans is a disgrace.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rashford is ahead in terms of goals and appearances at the same age, but I doubt he'll play til 40.

Rashford could pass Rooney's goal record also if averages 20+ goals for 6 more seasons
Yeah, it's likely he won't play until that age but it's not entirely outside the realms of possibility. I think he'll break Rooney's record if he spends his career at United.

Red00012

It's weird that Fergie signed him and he won the league because he's one of the players I most associate with the decline of the club
A post based on the strutiny on him currently as opposed to his overall career at Utd

next_number_seven

Yeah, it's likely he won't play until that age but it's not entirely outside the realms of possibility. I think he'll break Rooney's record if he spends his career at United.
He should be averaging 20 goals a season with his talent

lex talionis

Criticism of Dave's inability to command the box, a catchall phrase but a useful one, is fair game. But the shots taken at De Gea here are way over the top. More than a handful of caf posters had a full erection for Henderson but Hendo doesn't look the great keeper now that he was supposedly destined to be.

Until this season, can it honestly be written that Dave has ever had a reliable back four in front of him? He was saddled with Maguire, and before him Bailly and Smalling and Jones and Rojo. It would be harsh to call them all clowns, but these are not names that belong in the same sentence as David De Gea in terms of contributions to United over the last decade.