Will Garnacho's goal be bettered this season?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Ah, the old people who have played football argument. :)

I disagree, the Kasami goal is at full speed and requires perfect chest control, running onto the controlled ball and then a perfect volley at a ridiculous angle to score. It's also on his weaker foot.
I know you do - and I have no issue with you preferring it, it's just super weird to mention "technique" as a reason why. The technique involved in Garnacho's is just objectively more difficult. The physique to pull it off, the footwork to adjust, connecting with it so perfectly...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know you do - and I have no issue with you preferring it, it's just super weird to mention "technique" as a reason why. The technique involved in Garnacho's is just objectively more difficult. The physique to pull it off, the footwork to adjust, connecting with it so perfectly...
You can apply all of those aspects to the Kasami goal also. Either way, the Garnacho goal will be hard to beat this season at least.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see a lot of players attempting these now over the next few weeks. They all get jealous and want to score one similar.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Yup. Would you rather volley a ball being crossed into the box while you're upside down or volley a ball that you got to control yourself before the volley?

RedCurry

Remember when Mkhitryan scored that scorpion kick and immediately Giroud scored a better one the next week? Yeah that was wild.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Players score bicycle kicks/overhead kicks mutliple times a season. I don't recall another goal taken in the same way as the one above where a player is constantly running while they chest and volley it.
I think the majority of people would agree that the Garnacho goal is better. Players scored cheste volleys all the time, maybe not as good as the example you gave but bicycle kicks scored are also not as good as the Garnacho one.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

How about a 30 yard thundertwat from a sub goalkeeper playing as a striker in the Scottish Championship?

(I don't actually think it is better but I didn't know where else to put it and everyone needs to see this because it's hilarious).