Will Ibra ever get subbed off

ReDDHDevilS

Since he'll be starting every single game anyway, what it'd take for Jose to take him off once in a while?

Absolutely awful performance after performance, missing sitters and tap-ins in almost every single game and yet there is no sign of him getting subbed off!

DevilRed

Needs to be dropped and earn his way back in the team. Rashford wasted on the wing.

Lets finally inject some pace upfront and put defenders on the backfoot. Rather than making it easy for any team to just pack the box against us.

Man-United

Why the hell should he? He wasn't awful, it's just you being over the top after his miss in the 92nd minute. He was actually fine today.

Eriku

Why the hell should he? He wasn't awful, it's just you being over the top after his miss in the 92nd minute. He was actually fine today.
Seconded. He's not at his best, that's for damn sure, but to claim that we any better options is nonsense, as is the suggestion that he's shit... or a "fraud", which I see tends to be used about him but a certain idiotic contingent on the Caf.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Seconded. He's not at his best, that's for damn sure, but to claim that we any better options is nonsense, as is the suggestion that he's shit... or a "fraud", which I see tends to be used about him but a certain idiotic contingent on the Caf.
Some people just don't get it. I even saw someone say how we needed a striker like Hernandez with so many chances missed. A striker like that will certainly solve the problem of getting so many chances, Ibrahimovic was heavily involved in almost every dangerous attack. Obviously he's on a missing streak, but that happens and a striker can't score all the goals anyway so the other players have to finish also. It's not like he was selfish and shot from all angles.

friend

He's far too influential in most of our attacking plays to be dropped. Clearly his finishing is letting him down though so perhaps a game or two on the bench could actually be a good "rest" for him. We do need to get Rashford (or Martial) playing closer to the box though somehow. It should be Lingard providing the width I feel, not your second strikers.

As for our matches against the big teams away from home (Liverpool, Chelsea this season so far), we've hardly ever been on the attack in those games so it probably wouldn't matter too much who started. Although playing Rashford up top and trying to play him in behind might work better than whatever it is we have been trying to do.

Man-United

He's far too influential in most of our attacking plays to be dropped. Clearly his finishing is letting him down though so perhaps a game or two on the bench could actually be a good "rest" for him. We do need to get Rashford (or Martial) playing closer to the box though somehow. It should be Lingard providing the width I feel, not your second strikers.
I love it when Ibra dropping. Would like to see him as a SS sort of with Rashford upfront. Mata with a free role from the right side.

Eriku

Some people just don't get it. I even saw someone say how we needed a striker like Hernandez with so many chances missed. A striker like that will certainly solve the problem of getting so many chances, Ibrahimovic was heavily involved in almost every dangerous attack. Obviously he's on a missing streak, but that happens and a striker can't score all the goals anyway so the other players have to finish also. It's not like he was selfish and shot from all angles.
Hah, and if we go back in time, even when Hernandez was scoring regularly, we'd see people moaning about how he's not good enough at link-up play and won't make it in the long run.

I swear, I'm about ready to swear off the footballing part of this forum. Glad there's a few people around who aren't quite so knee-jerk.

Hed Zitin

For who? A sack of spuds or Rashford the winger in Jose's eyes?

I want him dropped for Rashford, but I'm looking at it from Jose's perspective.

Coxy

Exactly this. Who the hell could possibly replace him? Young is shit, Rooney is shit, Depay is shit and the rest aren't attackers.
Can't you just move Rashford up front? The guy who has pace to burn and frightens defenders?

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Hah, and if we go back in time, even when Hernandez was scoring regularly, we'd see people moaning about how he's not good enough at link-up play and won't make it in the long run.
And strikers like that will miss chances too, and have missing streaks as well as scoring streaks. But then it's one or two chances a match, and they be invisible for the rest of the match and people will blame the team or the manager for not giving him enough service.

I swear, I'm about ready to swear off the footballing part of this forum. Glad there's a few people around who aren't quite so knee-jerk.
Sometimes I read stuff and I just don't know where to start, so I don't start at all anymore. I limit replies to opinions that are reasonable and have some common ground with mine, otherwise it's just frustrating.

Walters_19_MuFc

If we're chasing a game, then probably not. He's a goalscorer. Same reason Rooney gets brought on. They both have fantastic goal-scoring records, so it makes sense to keep them on or put one on if we're chasing a game.

If we've killed off a game; however, then we probably should take him off if he's feeling tired.

AN17

New striker is a must, he's not gonna cut it. Defenders can easily catch up with him. Lead legs on mud, missed the easiest chance. Only thing in his favour is physicality. We cannot wait for him to score one in every 25 efforts.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He shouldn't be in the team. Problem is, who do we play instead? We don't have any options

marlowe78

Zlatan is banned for the next game because of yellow cards, so we'll see who can offer something.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Ibra is a proven goal scorer but today the game seemed as if it had 0-0 written on it from the beginning.

Burnley just came here to defend and De Gea could have stayed at home - even after they were one man up they kept defending, sometimes 7/8 in the small box and on the goal line. To top it all Heaton played a blinder and to add to our misery Clattenburg showed his arrogance and hate towards us.

Yes, Ibra should have put it to bed in the first half but it was a terrible day for him.

Add everything together and you get 0-0.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
He's been great in his general play for the last few games, just having a bad goal scoring run. He scores 1 or 2 of those chances, and it's an absolute great game from him today.

AXVnee7

Hope we will see Martial or Rashford central next game. Zlatan has fantastic link up play and deserves a lot of credit for that, but we shouldn't assume that Martial for example wouldn't offer link up play. I just want us to try someone else and see how do from there.

DevilRed

Hope we will see Martial or Rashford central next game. Zlatan has fantastic link up play and deserves a lot of credit for that, but we shouldn't assume that Martial for example wouldn't offer link up play. I just want us to try someone else and see how do from there.
Yes and maybe even Mkhitaryan too. Imagine the pace we would have upfront. First time in years since we will see such a quick frontline.

Jig1234

Doesn't seem to be very likely. Not sure why he plays 90mins every week in the PL. Rubbish for weeks and it has nothing to do with service he's just been bottling chances religiously.

Rashford ST
Martial-Mata-mkhitaryan
Pogba-Herrera/carrick

would be my ideal team.

Adebesi

I was thinking a lot today - again - about whether this barren run proves he was only good enough to excel in the French league (at this age), as I feared before we signed him. But I dont think it does. He's making enough chances for himself, its not like he cant deal with the defenders. He's just having one of those runs strikers sometimes get where nothing they do comes off. I assume Mourinho doesnt want to take him off because he believes when that goal does come, he'll get back to something like his old scoring rate. Its probably a good thing he's banned for the next game because he gets a rest without Mourinho having to drop him. But if that is Mourinho's thinking Im inclined to agree with him, I think once he gets one in more will quickly follow.

Fracture90

Subbed off for who, Rooney?
Rashford, Martial and even Rooney would offer something different in our game. It would probably open up the space for Carrick to play holding mid cuz those 3 are capable of making use of his long balls and run behind the defence beyond the offside line. It would be a constant danger for the opposition back 4, their offside line would constantly be tested and would keep them on their toes.

OB

I doubt he will ever be subbed off, mainly because he is that type of player who can provide a magical moment out of nowhere. His overall play has been fine, just him not being able to finish chances. I'm always excited when he gets the ball. Just needs to finish some shots, which he has been poor at recently tbf, knowing his quality.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rashford, Martial and even Rooney would offer something different in our game. It would probably open up the space for Carrick to play holding mid cuz those 3 are capable of making use of his long balls and run behind the defence beyond the offside line. It would be a constant danger for the opposition back 4, their offside line would constantly be tested and would keep them on their toes.
You got that right, something worse. I do agree about the need to try other players as the main CF

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He's done OK in my opinion. Contributed to our attacking play well. Obviously his finishing is a bit off lately. But I don't think he merits the demotion. Unlike for the case of Rooney.

Fracture90

You got that right, something worse. I do agree about the need to try other players as the main CF
Why would it be something worse? Only if your referring to Rooney as an option. Apart from Bournemouth and somewhat yesterday's game Zlatan's link up game and first touch were absolutely dreadful.

Fracture90

In all seriousness, are Martial and Rasford not seen as centre forwards by Jose?
Unfortunately, and Martial is probably the best finisher we got IMO, tho Rashford is not far behind. Regarding Zlatan i think we got the Juve/Inter version, him missing sitters and scoring from absolutely insane situations like that corner hick kick heel something in Inter. Was really hoping we would get Milan/PSG version where he was actually converting most of the sitters in goals.