Will Keane

LR7

I think Hernandez goes beyond the term 'poacher'. I prefer to use something like 'goal thief' or 'goal sneak'. From what I have seen of Keane I think he has the smart positional awareness and natural ability to get into goal scoring positions which accommodates a scoring role like a poacher in any team. Even if he isn't an out and out poacher in the true meaning of the term.
:lol: Sorry but this made me chuckle

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
:eek: You've just described the world's best player. Keane's technically gifted but he's not quite in the same league as Berbs. Of course, very few are. And I wouldn't call Will pacey. He's not slow by any means but if he's lost a yard of pace, which can happen with ACL tears, there's a chance his game will suffer.
I know man - fecking exciting innit?! :D

As regards Berba, good classy player alright, but if he'd got his finger out as much as everyone wished he did - he would have been a much better player tbh..

Cue the Berba fanboi-rage :-)

mo0

idea: why don't we let him play a few competitive games of football after coming back from this injury and then form an updated opinion?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Sheffield Utd keen on Man Utd pair Scott Wootton and Will Keane

New Sheffield United boss David Weir is planning to approach his old Everton boss David Moyes about reinforcements from Manchester United.
The South Yorkshire Times says Weir has a couple of Reds youngsters on his radar.
The former Everton coach watched several Under-21 games last term and is said to be plotting loan moves for Scott Wootton and Will Keane, who were both sidelined by injury as the campaign ended.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
With current competition for their respective positions it's unlikely that either of them will feature at all next season so a loan should definitely be on the cards. I won't be surprised to see them move permanently though.

Heffo

With current competition for their respective positions it's unlikely that either of them will feature at all next season so a loan should definitely be on the cards. I won't be surprised to see them move permanently though.

No way Will Keane will mover permanently imo. He's a great talent and the club will want to see how he copes coming off a significant injury. Never though Wooton would make it here and I'd expect him to be on the move over the next year or two.

Name Changed

weso26
No way would I sell Keane. He has potential. In my opinion, Wootton isn't going to make it at United and I think he'll leave sooner rather than later.

Revan

Assumptionman
While I could eat my words cause in football there is nothing for granted, I really doubt that Wootton can ever become even a squad player at United, so I wouldn't mind if we sell him. On the other side, Keane, I hope that he'll come strong from that unfortunate injury and make it here. He looks seriously talented.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
The injury to Keane really was an absolute bastard. If not for his progress, then for the reserves as well. That team was crying out for him at times.

It's obvious and cliche but we'll just have to see what sort of level he's at when he returns. He was an very impressive youngster prior to his injury and he's in with a chance if he returns at that sort of level.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looks like he started training with rest of u21s, good news.

prateik

Fantastic news. He looked like a special talent. No need to rush him either..

dr.twinny

Fantastic news. Hope he pushes on and gets enough action throughout the season to bring him back up to speed.

jb8521

Apparently Keane made his comeback as a sub in the friendly against Birmingham Reserves

LR7

Great news. I'm sure he won't be rushed back but its positive steps forward.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Excellent news. Hopefully, his recovery took so long because it was thorough and not because there have been set-backs. Can't wait to see him play again.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Is he past 20 now?

The odds are against him with that awful injury. It was a shame, because basically he looked the complete package as a striker. Only thing I could see hampering him was a slight lack of pace.

The Teddy-comparisons are very apt IMO.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Considering it was his first game back he looked class, he has the look of Sheringham about him, so composed in front of goal and the ability to link up play.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Aww he looks so happy in his post match interview.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Considering it was his first game back he looked class, he has the look of Sheringham about him, so composed in front of goal and the ability to link up play.

Watched the whole game and I wouldn't say he looked class. Showed moments of quality that we know he has but it was a much needed workout.The goal gave him a real filip and he looked better after the break but it will take him a lot of game time to get back to his best

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think he might be right about that. His progression was fantastic at the time. I was worried he'd come back a slower, less dynamic player but the early signs are very encouraging.

Swaters16

I think he might be right about that. His progression was fantastic at the time. I was worried he'd come back a slower, less dynamic player but the early signs are very encouraging.

He was pretty incredible at the time, of course I think it is a slight over statement.
I was definitely worried he wouldn't be the same after the injury though, but as you say, the signs are positive.

XdanielredX

Manchester United risk losing another of their promising young stars after failing to agree terms on a new deal for striker Will Keane.

The 21-year-old, who has been on loan at Wigan and QPR this season, is out of contract in the summer and is attracting interest from home and abroad.

The scenario has the worrying hallmarks of how United lost Paul Pogba and Zeki Fryers in the past.

In an added twist, Pogba, who played alongside Keane in United's youth and reserve sides, has recommended him to Juventus after their club scouts sought an opinion on the striker.
In a team which included Pogba and Ravel Morrison, it was Keane who scored the goals, claiming three in the two-legged FA Youth Cup final against Sheffield United, which United won 6-3 on aggregate.

In 2010, he won the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award, following in the footsteps of Danny Welbeck, Wes Brown, Phil Neville and Paul Scholes.

Keane was making rapid progress in United's reserves up until suffering a cruciate ligament injury while playing for England U19s in May 2012. It kept him out for the following season but he returned last September to score in his comeback game a 4-1 win over Bolton U21s.

He scored three goals in his next two games and was then loaned to Wigan. A groin injury curtailed his time there and he has since been at QPR.

Although it has been evident he has yet to show his old match sharpness, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Wigan and Norwich have all been monitoring his performances recognising his potential to kick on once again.

Hmm