Will Newcastle/Spurs choke to let Liverpool squirm into a top 4 spot?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It is a three horse race for fourth between Newcastle, Tottenham, and Liverpool.

Similarly it is a three horse race for the title between red Leicester, Man City, and Man Utd.

Most open season in years, the relegation battle is very interesting too.

Mike Smalling

Absolutely.

Liverpool have had a few games in hand for a while now, so their top four chances have looked a lot worse than they actually are. I expect them to get fourth.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Look

If you had one shot, one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted

Would you capture it?

Or just let it slip?

Zetrio2002

Spurs always choke unless they are playing against fellow chokers like Arsenal.

Newcastle is a wildcard that just became good.

Liverpool cannot be ignored. They just need to stop playing Thiago who seems too slow now.

So yes it is a 3 horse race for the no 4 position.

lex talionis

Spurs will bottle it. The real question is whether, when Spurs bottle it, Kane will join the ETH project next season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Probably. Although I struggle to see why pundits think Liverpool are back after literally 2 wins. They are clearly still not the team they were and could easily go on another points dropping spree. I’d also be optimistic if I was a Spurs fan.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Luis Díaz is back soon right? I think he'll keep them in the race. I don't think Spurs or Newcastle have a player like that waiting to return.

CM

Yeah. Liverpool are only 3 points off top 4 if they win their game in hand and they're starting to get players back. It's actually mad how they can have such long periods of being shit and still manage to qualify for the Champions League, but they're going to do it again.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yeah. Liverpool are only 3 points off top 4 if they win their game in hand and they're starting to get players back. It's actually mad how they can have such long periods of being shit and still manage to qualify for the Champions League, but they're going to do it again.
Thank Chelsea for being shit too

Spark

Liverpool are joint 11/8 for top 4 with Newcastle. Spurs beneath them. Do genuinely believe that Liverpool are over a "hump" so to speak and should get that 4th spot. Our game at Anfield will be absolutely huge, obviously can't fathom losing to them at the best of times but that match could theoretically drag them right back into top 4 should we lose. Going to be an agonising game.

However they ended up struggling a bit against a 10 man Newcastle. Fingers crossed they somehow feck it up and end up in the conference league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Cup final is huge for Newcastle. Win that and they will have a massive confidence boost. Lose and it adds to a pretty dismal run of form.

Ludens the Red

If Liverpool get back to a fraction of what they were they’ll finish top four but even on Saturday against ten men they were so lacklustre for large spells.
Risky to say this ahead of Sunday but Newcastle are not a particularly great side. They were massively overachieving because of an insane defensive record and their players running themselves into the ground. They’ve recently played teams in the bottom five and had less than 1.0 xg. They’ve started conceding goals now too which is why wins are now fewer. Spurs are Spurs so put any decent run together and you’ll finish above them too.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If you don't care then why you are posting in this thread?
I can tell you why. I opened it and wanted to write an essay like couldn’t care less and why the obsession with them when they are not even good at all for a while (I mean Liverpool) but then couldn’t be bothered and just wrote a shorter version. Hope this answers your question.

ti vu

Typically yes is the answer to the question of the thread.

Darkhorsez

It is a three horse race for fourth between Newcastle, Tottenham, and Liverpool.

Similarly it is a three horse race for the title between red Leicester, Man City, and Man Utd.

Most open season in years, the relegation battle is very interesting too.
Freudian slip?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They won't be winning it.
Probably not but if you start poorly like you have recently and they punish you then they are the type of cnuts that will make a 1-0 lead horrible for you to break down.

Robbie Boy

Probably not but if you start poorly like you have recently and they punish you then they are the type of cnuts that will make a 1-0 lead horrible for you to break down.
Oh yeah, I fully expect them to play their Simeone type stuff, but we should be beating them. Karius in goal too can only inspire confidence for any opposition.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Liverpools matched against City and Arsenal will be the key for them in 1st week of April - if they win them two they will probably go on to get top 4

Spurs - 3 games in last two weeks of April - Newcastle, United, then Liverpool away - they need 7 points there

Newcastle have CIty, United Arsenal and Chelsea still to play - Chelsea away on the last day of the season may be pivotal - they might have got their act together by then

I fancy spurs to nick it - Liverpool 5th and Newcastle 6th

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Newcastle are really going to struggle to get to 60 points now.

Scoring very few goals, think you'll comfortably beat them in the cup final which will be a blow to morale and tough schedule. 7 home games left and four of them are v Man. United, Spurs, Arsenal and Brighton.

Spurs are a little different. Every time they lose a few games you think they're done for the season but they can reel off home wins and indeed won 8 out of 12 home games which is pretty much top 4 consistency.

What I'd love to see is Fulham or Brighton winning five straight as this is the best chance in a long while for an outside team to get 4th but not sure either have quite got enough for that.

alquemyst

Spurs is not even a question. Newcastle seem to dry up on goals so yeah, Liverpool might get top4 sadly.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yes and then they will be euphoric for Klopp who took them from 9th to 4th. So they keep him, give him more money to spend on other Darwin Nunezes so they can be 11th mid season next season instead of 9th. Then they'll finish 5th and the cycle continues. Best case scenario for us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not this time. Not because they are great, but I don’t think this Liverpool team isn’t going on the run required. They are q bang average side themselves. They got outplayed by 10 men the other day and beat a hopeless Everton. I saw nothing to suggest we won’t blow them to smitheries next weekend.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Their game against Madrid tomorrow is key. Win that and they'll probably go on another run laden with VAR calls and spawn shots galore. Lose and it will probably knock the stuffing out of them. I'm going for the former.