Will Rashford get as much stick as Pogba for his missed penalty?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
No because,

1.) He’s English
2.) Doesn’t fit the media’s/fans agenda
3.) Thus not the scapegoat

...even more ridiculous now that you think of it considering all the shit Pogba took last week for his miss. Not even a miss - a save - whereas Rashford point blank missed.

Can’t wait for the non-story pundits & media make this out to be (Neville, Souness, etc). Bunch of agenda driven hypocrites.

/the amount of uncalled for, unfair abuse Pogba gets is sickening.

Red Stone

Pogba has a history of being unreliable from the spot. Rashford doesn't.

That being said, it should be Martial every time. Only ice cold killer we have.

haram

The problem was that there was a debate. Anyone can miss a penalty.

Dr. StrangeHate

No because people have been told to hate and blame Pogba by the pundits, so this match will be blamed on Pogba as well.

Red_toad

No because,

1.) He’s English

...even more ridiculous now that you think of it considering all the shit Pogba took last week for his miss. Not even a miss - a save - whereas Rashford missed.

Can’t wait for the non-story pundits & media make this out to be (Neville, Souness, etc). Bunch of agenda driven hypocrites.

Oh feck off with the English crap. Pogba got stick as he took the ball off Rashford. Neither deserve stick, people miss penalties.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
No.. people will forget about it and Pogba will get blamed for the defeat because he lost the ball which led to the winner

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Neville better take some more helium today and deliver a rant on some social media platform where he's smashing into England's wonder boy for not even being able to hit the target.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I agree Pogba is unfairly targeted but I think Rashford's pen was OK today and he was quite unlucky. Even the bounce off the post was the worst possible for us.

Our problems lie with not being able to create more than 2-3 chances against a team like Palace, not a missed peno.

mancan92

No because people have been told to hate and blame Pogba by the pundits, so this match will be blamed on Pogba as well.
And that's the truth who do you think people will be blaming today?

Rashford the guy who missed the pen
Or
De gea the world class goalkeeper who was poor for both goals
Or pogba the guy who lost the ball in the opponents half with 6 men back.

the hea

Rashford deserves all the stick he is getting after that performance. Not just the missed penalty but he was wank all game. Looks like he is starting to think that he is some kind of superstar that can do whatever he wants on the pitch when in fact he is nothing but a promising youngster who still has a far way to go before being world class.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't understand why Pogba got so much stick in the first place.

More concerned with why we let Rashford take every fecking set piece still.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No but not for those reasons. Pogba’s lack of focus and previous pissing about with pens has annoyed people. He also placed it terribly where Rashford just got it wrong by a few inches.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Oh feck off with the English crap. Pogba got stick as he took the ball off Rashford. Neither deserve stick, people miss penalties.
No this can feck off

This is the type of sorry excuses people make to enable/justify the Pogba bashing. It’s disgusting.

Jimmy_Bond

No because,

1.) He’s English

...even more ridiculous now that you think of it considering all the shit Pogba took last week for his miss. Not even a miss - a save - whereas Rashford point blank missed.

Ah the good old CR7 fan.

So what would make you happy is if Rashford got tons of stick for missing a penalty? Juventus not playing today?

Hawks2008

Ingurlish pashunate local lad can do no wrong, evil foreigner Pogba is the one holding us back.

Racist fecks in the media will shield Rashy and somehow put this loss on Paul.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
He also placed it terribly where Rashford just got it wrong by a few inches.
See, this is the shit I’m talking about.

How is Pogba’s “placed terribly” when the goalie just guessed right in which case it would have been a goal otherwise. But Rashford “just got it wrong” when he missed the entire fecking net???

The irony is delicious !

Alabaster Codify7

Nope because 'Rashy' is English so the media will swerve him.

For the record, I dont think he should - it was a good penalty, just unlucky. Same applies for Pogba last time - my gripe with Paul was numerous previous misses.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think some fans and the media handed Pogba's penalty miss very poorly.
Gave him far too much stick, and put too much pressure on whoever takes the next one (Rashford).
When we got the penalty, did anyone think we'd score? I certainly didn't.

Red_toad

No this can feck off

This is the type of sorry excuses people make to enable/justify the Pogba bashing. It’s disgusting.
Where did I state Pogba deserved anything? I cleared posted neither deserve stick. So feck off making crap up. Neville has a beef with Pogba, take it up with him, as he’s out of order.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rashford should be nowhere near set pieces.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Pogba is possibly the most over rated player on the planet . Stop talking like he's some kind of Messiah
He’s the only thing keeping United even partially relevant in world football but ok.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

How is Pogba’s “placed terribly” when the goalie just guessed right in which case it would have been a goal otherwise. But Rashford “just got it wrong” when he missed the entire fecking net???

The irony is delicious !
Placed in the perfect spot to be saved and still would be if it was anywhere within a metre fecking radius. Just admit it was shite.

Smores

Players who have publically stated they want to leave will always take more abuse. Really don't think the english thing comes in to it

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Placed in the perfect spot to be saved and still would be if it was anywhere within a metre fecking radius. Just admit it was shite.
No I won’t.

Just admit the goalie guessed the correct side for Pogba & Rashford fecked up.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
The problem was that there was a debate. Anyone can miss a penalty.
This. It can seriously affect a player's concentration if they've just had to deal with a belligerent teammate.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Already getting some racial abuse on twitter apparently.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The irony is delicious !
Come on, Rashford's penalty was mere inches away from perfection.

We're talking fine lines here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Judging from OP’s responses to people, he’s clearly emotional and not able to communicate nice or think good.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ask Gary Neville

Snafu17

Ingurlish pashunate local lad can do no wrong, evil foreigner Pogba is the one holding us back.

Racist fecks in the media will shield Rashy and somehow put this loss on Paul.
They're both black.

Walters_19_MuFc

Raheem Sterling gets arguably the most stick and he's English, so that's a load of bollocks.

Pogba got stick because Rashford scored his penalty against Chelsea and should have taken it against Wolves. Had Rashford missed against Wolves and Pogba took it today and missed, I don't think it'd would have been that much of an issue. Think it'd be more about Man United's penalty taking as a whole, rather than individually.