Will you still support the club?

SoCross

This is probably a certain amount of temporary disillusionment talking with the scenes of the last few days but I find it a bit troubling that a lot of fans are in a “all is forgiven” mood since United withdrew from the ESL and the board is acting like nothing ever happened.

Granted, the players and the manager had nothing to do with it and they should get the fans backing but the amount of greed in the game at top level is so disturbing. Money will continue to flow and line pockets of these selected few while entire communities face hardships.

Imagine if everyone was as outraged over issues such as racism and poverty. Priorities man priorities. This is probably an overreaction as I love the game but something is wrong with it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The club as a whole should not be defined by the greed of the Glazer's. I still support the players, manager, fans etc. regardless of what those cnuts did. The whole debacle has certainly put a dampener on things but I will still watch us play for sure. It would have been different if we were in the ESL, though.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'll 100% support the team and Ole, and the footballing side of things. They're completely void of blame in all of this for me, and probably did more to prevent it than promote.

It's going to be very difficult to get behind the club though, which is a shame because since Covid struck they'd been making all the right noises/seeming to move in the right direction.

GBBQ

I don't see why anyone would stop supporting the club based on the ultimately futile actions of one family. If anything it gave a positive message that fans can band together and keep the game somewhat competitive and thats a reason to still have faith in football and push for change at United.

Also you can't compare the backlash towards a specific group of owners to a perceived lack of backlash/interest in abstracts like poverty and racism. The latter are much more complex societal issues that cannot be solved overnight via twitter.

dove

Yes. You can support the club without supporting the people running it.

Shark

@NotShark
I said I'd be done if the club went through with it. Although my feelings for the club has been damaged by the parasites that run it, our players and manager can hold their heads high for reportedly standing up to the horror show.

Lynty

Yes. I couldn't support us if we joined the Super League as it would have killed football as we know it.

Pulling out doesn't change the motives of the owners, but there's still hope for the club - it's not totally unredeemable.

SuperiorXI

The Super League would have seen me off, the fact we're out of it now I want to take back the club, get the Glazers out. Support the club, not the owners.

Kamprad

As long as it’s privately owned the way it is it’s not as much a club as it’s a buisness. You guys can grasp to the old values and traditions as much as you like but you’re just lying to yourself. You’re basically supporting a company. You might as well support Apple or Nike.

ArjenIsM3

I support the club, not the Glazers. They're responsible for what's happened the past couple of days (and for a lot more), not the club.

Eric_the_Red99

Obviously yes. But hopefully more people will now realise that the Glazers, and people like them who just see clubs as cash cows to be milked, having nothing positive to bring to football.
Clearly that puts United fans in a tricky position, as it’s impossible to support the club financially, by buying tickets, shirts, Sky subscriptions, etc, without putting money in the pockets of the Glazers and ensuring they stick around. But that was already the case long before this ESL business started

adamwest

100% yes. I was crushed by the Super League shenanigans but am fully back on board now.

Crimson King

I'll always support the club. Never the Glazers.

I know some people try to make out they're the same thing, but they're 2 completely separate entities in my mind.

If I stopped supporting the club then I would stop watching football altogether.

MinGin

If Ole and players have not involved in that deal,
And most of them against that league
Why not!?

This is a perfect timing to feck the family of vempire out!

Red_toad

The 'club' are not the owners, the club wasn't the issue. The owners and their yes man are always going to be the issue until they leave.

troylocker

Yes! Hopefully this might even result in some positive changes from the owners for the future. The Glazers' position in my dislike-list did not improve over the last couple of days though.

Let's win that EL and make City sweat for the PL-title now!

Paul_Scholes18

Maybe I am not sure. I like our players, but i struggle to defend the Glaziers.

I might take one season off not buying any tv deals and see if the Glaziers can be kicked out.

steve88

Yer I was conflicted I hated the idea of us leaving the prem in favour of a pointless league I would love the club but couldn't support it if we did that glad we are out of it and Ed has left hopefully the glazers leave soon if profits go down and shares then they may sell but hopefully we get Edwin to replace ed

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Glazers are temporary custodians of United. The reign will end and someone else will get a chance to run this wonderful club.

I just cannot imagine ever supporting someone else. Been a fan since 88. I think I'm more likely to give up football as a whole than change clubs.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I expect the Glazers and Woodward to walk naked in Manchester. Gary Neville will walk behind them while ringing a bell and repeating "shame".

davidmichael

Of course as I support the club regardless of my feelings on the owners, I love Man United but despise the Glazer’s.

Dante

Average bang
The main reason I supported United was because of Woodward. Now he's left, I feel lost.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yes but we still need to get the glazers out. They’ve massively overplayed their hand and shown their contempt for us. Ed their first line of defence is gone and they are rocking. I hope the football community keeps applying pressure to them while they are still reeling from all this. Feck them. Get them OUT!

SoCross

Thanks for the responses. @Dennis Viollet probably sums up how I’m feeling now. Behind the team and the manager but the club as a whole has been tainted by the present owners. Some of you respond that if we have joined the ESL, you’d reconsider but it’s clear that the intent behind the glazers is not football, it’s to leech every penny. Not joining the ESL has not changed that.

Daft thread.

If you don't want to support the club any more then what are you doing on the Caf.
Ok mate :lol:

Fully Fledged

Man Utd hasn't done anything it's the greedy B'stards that own us that have proven to the world what we knew all along. To me Woodward and the Glazers can't do anything to diminish my love for the club. I just want them gone.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
If anything this strengthens the resolve that we should and can get rid of these leeches.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The Glazers are not the club. They threatened to destroy what the club is. The club survived. Of course we'll all still support the club. This momentum however has to be capitalized on to really change the way football clubs are run and put some control in, but who knows if that'll happen.

Cultured left ankle

If anything, this whole debacle has made me connect more with some of the players (Shaw, Maguire, Fernandes) as well as Ole. From what we heard, it seemed they were as angry as the rest of us. I have genuinely loved watching them grow over the last couple of seasons and this reinforces a lot of my admiration of some of them. I suppose had they meekly toed the line; that would have felt very disappointing and would have left a bad taste.

I can separate the playing staff and coaching team from the upper management (it probably helps there's something of a similar divide in my workplace, so I can relate); as long as the players fight the good fight I will support the team. The Gl*zers are no more who United are than the Royal Family or Tory party are who the UK is.

Honestly, I have been very very impressed with Liverpool; the fans and the players. Fair play to them, they have done their club and football proud and will make it hard to hate them quite as much. I'm confident that they'll go back to being annoying again soon enough, but for this week at least; nice one.