Willy Kambwala | 2023/24 Performances

K Stand Knut

feck me!!

Well, this thread is a typical over-reaction to a young player not playing brilliantly.

Give the kid a break, he’s 19 and playing his second PL game in a god-awful team of shit players who can’t control a game.

didz

He was pretty appalling. Doesn't make him a bad player by any means, and young defenders just have mistakes that they will need to make as they develop.

He did improve a bit in the second half so he's obviously got character which is good to see.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I remember the game where both Vidic and Evra made their debuts, both were pretty abysmal in that match against city, and they were experienced players.
Both turned out as pretty decent players if I remember right, so let's give these young lads a bit of leeway.

He was directly at fault for both goals and nearly conceded a last minute penalty. It’s called differently
K Stand is getting overly defensive. A young lad in his 3rd start isn’t shit because of an absolute howler of game, just as Evra and Vidic weren’t after a nightmare start to their United careers.

But nothing wrong with calling it how it is, the lad was absolutely awful today.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
feck me!!

Well, this thread is a typical over-reaction to a young player not playing brilliantly.

Give the kid a break, he’s 19 and playing his second PL game in a god-awful team of shit players who can’t control a game.
It genuinely is really shit conditions to play CB in, but that being said I didn't really rate him for the U23s and I haven't rated him for the senior team either.

Obviously just doing a job atm, and his athleticism is handy, but I don't see him doing anything at this club.

Seems like a proper sound lad though. Hope he does well.

Borussia Teeth

"Awful" "abysmal" "nightmare game."

Some of you are ridiculous. He wasn't great. He wasn't terrible either. He's 19 ffs

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Just don’t see it with him, gets his legs in a tangle far too often to play for an elite club.
I could be wrong, and it wouldn’t be the first time, but I don’t think he’s going to be anywhere near the level required to play for a team hoping to challenge for big trophies.
He doesn't play for an elite club!

"Awful" "abysmal" "nightmare game."

Some of you are ridiculous. He wasn't great. He wasn't terrible either. He's 19 ffs
He was directly responsible for both goals, was absolutely all over the shop positionally the entire first half and lost a huge percentage of his personal duels.
He had a nightmare.

But he’s 19, and yes, even top players like Vidic or Rio had nightmares in their careers, but people are simply calling his performance what it was.

Unam333

Bad game from a young player. It happens, let's not overthink it.

That field was absolutely horrendous though.

tjarligdrengen

I actually think he show great character. Horrible start, but maned up.
A lot of our other players could learn some thing or two from him.

ArbeitervonWien

feck me!!

He was very bad today, a real liability. This is a performance-thread, what else should we discuss here?

Considering the injury-situation, he'll still have some games this season to proof that he should be in our plans for the future. Let's see if he has got the mentality and quality to shake off a bad performance.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Oh give it a rest man :lol:

We’re a fecking shite team currently but let’s not be daft.
Answer the question then, what makes us an elite club?

We have a shite team, a shite manager, shite owners, the people running the club are shite, we have a shite training ground and a decrepit stadium - ok, some of that is changing soon but what is currently elite?

Answer the question then, what makes us an elite club?

We have a shite team, a shite manager, shite owners, the people running the club are shite, we have a shite training ground and a decrepit stadium - ok, some of that is changing soon but what is currently elite?
Training ground isn’t shite, nor the is the stadium “decrepit” for fecks sake, the stadium has been completely fecking rebuild in the past 30 years man :lol:

Chill with the hyperbole. Yes, none of those are current “Elite” though, but I don’t consider Spurs and elite club cause they’ve got a state of the art ground and training facilities.

An Elite club isn’t about structure, or facilities, it’s about size & reach.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not good today, but hell learn a hell of a lot from this. Still had some good moments proactively defending.

Poor today but he's a kid next to Mr No Composure. We can't expect much until we get a settled back line.

Litch

Poor today but he's a kid next to Mr No Composure. We can't expect much until we get a settled back line.
Thought Mr No Composure was cowardly too. Why he's leaving the kid to be the most dominate CB....

JohnyBuckets

Sad reality when you play youngsters and seems to be the reason why Ten Had doesnt play youngsters unless he is forced too. I can live with the ups and downs of performances like this from our youngsters. felt bad for him in the first half. Second half much better until he nearly gave a penalty away

K Stand Knut

He was directly at fault for both goals and nearly conceded a last minute penalty. It’s called differently
Let’s ignore the atrocious mis-control by Garnacho that directly led to the first goal but, yeah, Big Willy was wholly to blame.

As for the last minute penalty, it wasn’t a penalty and therefore is irrelevant.

I am happy that my points still stand. He’s a fecking kid.

K Stand Knut

It genuinely is really shit conditions to play CB in, but that being said I didn't really rate him for the U23s and I haven't rated him for the senior team either.

Obviously just doing a job atm, and his athleticism is handy, but I don't see him doing anything at this club.

Seems like a proper sound lad though. Hope he does well.
And that’s fine. No issue with that. I am not devolving him if any criticism but just this place is so quick to jump on anyone.

He’s played 180 minutes of PL football in a crap, dysfunctional team and hasn’t played any worse than Varane, IMO.

People just need to be calmer about these youngsters

Stadjer

True. Maguire needs to focus on his own game. Maguire isnt good enough to captain or coach his teammates. He needs to fully focus on his own job because he just lacks quality to do something extra. Virgil van Dijk plays next to a kid and that kid does okay because van Dijk is able to help him.

K Stand Knut

He was very bad today, a real liability. This is a performance-thread, what else should we discuss here?

Considering the injury-situation, he'll still have some games this season to proof that he should be in our plans for the future. Let's see if he has got the mentality and quality to shake off a bad performance.
We should discuss his performance in a level-headed manner, not try and throw a young kid under the bus who is doing a half-decent job in a position he is learning. He hasn’t been any worse than any other CB we have played this season and people just need to remember that when they are being so heavily critical of him.

Is he the future, who knows but give him some leeway. There are people who avoid any criticism whatsoever in this team and deserve a lot more criticism than WK does

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
And as long as the likes of him play for the club, we won’t be an elite club. So it’s kind of a catch 22, but ya get what I mean. :lol:
An Elite club isn’t about structure, or facilities, it’s about size & reach or so I'm told, guess we should discount City and Chelsea as they aren't big clubs with a sizeable reach, Arsenal and Liverpool are big clubs but not much reach if https://www.stadium-maps.com/facts/epl_facebook_table.html#fbtable if this is to believed

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Let’s ignore the atrocious mis-control by Garnacho that directly led to the first goal but, yeah, Big Willy was wholly to blame.

As for the last minute penalty, it wasn’t a penalty and therefore is irrelevant.

I am happy that my points still stand. He’s a fecking kid.
If, and that was debatable, it was a foul then it probably should have been a penalty because he was on the line so technicslly in the box, I think VAR scored one for us this time though I didn't think it was a foul in the first place!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really bad performance but he's a kid and I hope it doesn't bother him too much.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Still would rather he gets minutes over certain other players

Danny

True. Maguire needs to focus on his own game. Maguire isnt good enough to captain or coach his teammates. He needs to fully focus on his own job because he just lacks quality to do something extra. Virgil van Dijk plays next to a kid and that kid does okay because van Dijk is able to help him.
Apart from last week when he also gave a goal away?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Will be the Blackett/McNair of the 2023/24 season.
Hasn't he been thought of very highly throughout his progression in the academy, just had injuries that curtailed his development? I don't remember either of the other two being thought of as highly.